+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
How do we manage the file transfers for the signed files and the pictures between the countries? Did you guys use UPS, FEDEX, DHL? Any success or,horror stories with any of those postal services?
Used FedEx from India and it was delivered within 3 days with constant updates. Delighted with their service.

Reactions: robertp and ifguzel

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
How do we manage the file transfers for the signed files and the pictures between the countries? Did you guys use UPS, FEDEX, DHL? Any success or,horror stories with any of those postal services?
We used DHL for documents from India. Delivered in 4 days (with a weekend in between).

Canim5555

Jul 8, 2017
My docs just got delivered to PO Box address in Ottawa. Sent from Toronto by Canada Post yesterday. Receiving signed by SCI SCHLIEBNER. Does it sound familiar to those who have already sent their docs?
Mine also delivered today from toronto and same guy signed for my post also. Cheers

canbest

Oct 27, 2014
Same here. That's what I have got from Canada Post:

I do see that this item was delivered on Thursday, May 9, 2019, at 9:29:20 am. I see the parcel was for a Large Volume Receiver out for delivery, which means it was delivered to the building or the post office. When a large volume of mail is received by a company/institution, it is grouped into a mail bag or container. The mail is then either delivered by Canada Post to the company’s/institution’s mailroom, or picked up by the company/institution itself directly from a Canada Post facility. It may take a few days for the item to make its way from the mailroom to the addressee and to be opened/recorded as received. Once we pass the item over to their mail room, we are not able to scan as delivered.
Let's keep each other updated on how it rolls. The Canada Post call center guys depend on the same tracking info that we can see online. I am not sure how he told you that "I do see that this item was delivered on Thursday, May 9, 2019, at 9:29:20 am.". Mine told me that he can't say anything for sure as the package hasn't been scanned at delivery. Tracking system still says "pending delivery". I will give it a couple of days, maybe it will get updated.

brucekei

Apr 19, 2014
Hi guys,

My wife is sponsoring her parents.
Her mother's name on the marriage certificate and (wife's) birth certificate don't match the name in the passport, but are very similar:
Example:
Passport name: Dora Rubin
Certificate name: Doria Rubin
Should I:
1. match the translation to English match the passport names
OR
2. include an affidavit that asserts the two names belong to the same person
OR
3. enter Doria Rubin under question "Have you ever used any other name" in form 0008

I am thinking #1 would be the best course of action and would keep the application simple, but wanted to know what other people think.

Thanks!

bdg

Star Member
Apr 8, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-11-2015
AOR Received.
30-12-2015
File Transfer...
18-01-2016
Med's Done....
05-10-2015
Passport Req..
09-06-2016
Folks, need some help. Pardon me if its a repeating question. I am kind of confused about the "Family Size" in Question -14 of form 5768 Financial Evaluation form.
I am sponsoring my parents (Mom and Dad) and we are a couple (me and my wife), no kids.

What would be the family size for each years 2016, 2017, 2018?
Is it 2 (me and wife) or 4 (me, wife+2 persons being sponsored)?

Really appreciate the reply from senior members.

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Kinda sad today, my package was supposed to arrive this morning, fedex airplane got late and they missed their deadline.
They are only delivering on Monday :(
It shouldn't make a big difference (I hope that by delivering by the 3 week, I still get on the early/mid batch), but it's upsetting anyway.
After is about refreshing ECAS everyday until we have a sign that they are starting to check the documentation!
Good luck to everyone

ihg

May 9, 2019
Folks, need some help. Pardon me if its a repeating question. I am kind of confused about the "Family Size" in Question -14 of form 5768 Financial Evaluation form.
I am sponsoring my parents (Mom and Dad) and we are a couple (me and my wife), no kids.

4 for all year and make sure you have minimum income for 4 in 2016,2017,2018

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Hello there

Many people are saying that all the forms must be signed by black ink, my question is where did you get this info?

I see a note on additional family information form - “ type or print in black” but it related to the info that should be printed in black which is done in black anyway by your printer when you fill out the form.

Nothing says about signatures

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015

Family Size is 4.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hello there

Many people are saying that all the forms must be signed by black ink, my question is where did you get this info?

I see a note on additional family information form - “ type or print in black” but it related to the info that should be printed in black which is done in black anyway by your printer when you fill out the form.

Nothing says about signatures
Why are you drowning yourself on a cup of water ? Sign in whichever colour you prefer: black or blue. What people are giving here is just general advice for all IRCC processes and past experiences.
For example, nowhere does it say that you shouldn't print double sided, yet there are many cases of people printing double sided and then the agent won't read the verso and request additional documents / mark application as incomplete
In the end, you either take our advice or do whatever you want, no one is forcing you to sign with black or blue.

Reactions: danny_scars