+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why are you drowning yourself on a cup of water ? Sign in whichever colour you prefer: black or blue. What people are giving here is just general advice for all IRCC processes and past experiences.
For example, nowhere does it say that you shouldn't print double sided, yet there are many cases of people printing double sided and then the agent won't read the verso and request additional documents / mark application as incomplete
In the end, you either take our advice or do whatever you want, no one is forcing you to sign with black or blue.
Hi guys ,

Does anyone have a link to how we can check if our application is in the system yet?

Thank you
its still early but you can use this link later on: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do Good Luck

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
Why are you drowning yourself on a cup of water ? Sign in whichever colour you prefer: black or blue. What people are giving here is just general advice for all IRCC processes and past experiences.
For example, nowhere does it say that you shouldn't print double sided, yet there are many cases of people printing double sided and then the agent won't read the verso and request additional documents / mark application as incomplete
In the end, you either take our advice or do whatever you want, no one is forcing you to sign with black or blue.
I surly read on the official website about double sided application. If you don’t read the instructions that s your problem

RAY2112

Jul 5, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello there

Many people are saying that all the forms must be signed by black ink, my question is where did you get this info?

I see a note on additional family information form - “ type or print in black” but it related to the info that should be printed in black which is done in black anyway by your printer when you fill out the form.

Nothing says about signatures
black, blue, green, pink just signed :) and good luck.

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hello there

Many people are saying that all the forms must be signed by black ink, my question is where did you get this info?

I see a note on additional family information form - “ type or print in black” but it related to the info that should be printed in black which is done in black anyway by your printer when you fill out the form.

Nothing says about signatures
The only guidelines for signatures that I could find are that they have to be hand written. I always sign with blue and never got an application returned because of it.

That's right, in additional family information it clearly says to fill in the form in black, but it does not give you any guidelines for signature.

Mesad

Feb 8, 2015
The only guidelines for signatures that I could find are that they have to be hand written. I always sign with blue and never got an application returned because of it.

That's right, in additional family information it clearly says to fill in the form in black, but it does not give you any guidelines for signature.
Thank you

What about the dates, should it be hand written? The guideline mentions that it should but I question if it s outdated as all the forms have a pre set date button

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Thank you

What about the dates, should it be hand written? The guideline mentions that it should but I question if it s outdated as all the forms have a pre set date button
All the dates can be hand written, except for form IMM 5669 Schedule A that doesn't validate if you don't type in a date.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Just for information, it seems CIC changed Family size calculation compared to prior years, and it should be calculated for every year. For example if there are deceased persons, then they should be added to family size when they were alive, if there is divorce, then the ex spouse should be included in family size when they were married, for period from separation up to official divorce I couldn't understand yet. But there are same rules for marriage and child birth. When the person is married, the the family size should be more by 1 from the year of marriage.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
There is no marriage cert for them however i prepared a marriage affidavit with the correct names. I am wondering if CIC will object that the name on my dad's ppt is misspelled. Please suggest.
some of the Indian names are spelt differently in English, for this reason they asked us to write the name in native language in additional family information form

Indian45

May 9, 2019
Hi ,

Need help.

I am sponsoring my parents ( Mom and Dad )
and my birth certificate doesn't have my name on it.

what other document/ documents can I add to show my relationship with my parents.

canvik

May 3, 2019
So I am sponsoring my mom only. I do not need co-signor for my application as I meet income criteria.

Also, my mother is coming alone (dad passed away few years ago and other children are settled and not dependent on her)

Can you help if we still need to fill up these forms (from checklist)

- IMM 5409 as this is not applicable in my case.
- IMM 0008DEP as there are no dependents and she is coming alone

If not, do I still fill up the forms and write NA in all the fields or just ignore the above forms.

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
So I am sponsoring my mom only. I do not need co-signor for my application as I meet income criteria.

Also, my mother is coming alone (dad passed away few years ago and other children are settled and not dependent on her)

Can you help if we still need to fill up these forms (from checklist)

- IMM 5409 as this is not applicable in my case.
- IMM 0008DEP as there are no dependents and she is coming alone

If not, do I still fill up the forms and write NA in all the fields or just ignore the above forms.
Ignore the forms and on document checklist , dont tick the option for these documents.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi ,

Need help.

I am sponsoring my parents ( Mom and Dad )
and my birth certificate doesn't have my name on it.

what other document/ documents can I add to show my relationship with my parents.
It's the most important document. I suggest you to contact IRCC and get it clarified. Don't take risk here.
Also, you should be able to get a new birth certificate from your city/registrar office with name in it.

Reactions: caninfoseeker