+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Mahe

Star Member
Jul 16, 2013
Dear Members,
In Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form signature part, do my parents need to write their full name or their signature is enough??

the instruction guide says
If you are filling it out on the computer: print out the form and sign it with a handwritten signature, in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
but Documnet check list says
d)sign your name in writing with a hand writing signature

can you guys help me on this??

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Applicants UCI or Sponsor's UCI, can u share a link? when did they receive your applicaiton?
Hey @newandold , apparently you are one of the few who already managed to get a status update from ECAS.

Would you mind sharing with us some details?

When they received your application? When did you get to see your ECAS status?

Did you use your (sponsor) UCI and name to have access to ?

You sharing these details is very valuable to the forum, thank you for your help :)

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Dear Members,
In Schedule A – Background/Declaration (IMM 5669) form signature part, do my parents need to write their full name or their signature is enough??

the instruction guide says
If you are filling it out on the computer: print out the form and sign it with a handwritten signature, in the signature box. If you do not sign and date the form according to these instructions, it will not be accepted and will be returned to you.
but Documnet check list says
d)sign your name in writing with a hand writing signature

can you guys help me on this??
As said a couple of times, write the full name on the computer, and after sign by the side of the name

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Hi Everyone,

i am aware that this topic has been discussed earlier however i called CIC and theie answer is different then what i got here. So i m trying to look for some clarity.

My parents do not have any last names in their passport
1. what should i use in form 1344, 008 and 5406 as last name is compulsory.
2. what should i use in last name and given name in form 5669 as both are compulsary

the cic agent suggested me to use NA for last names however on the forum some people suggested that the guide says not to use NA, but i cant find that in guide.

Please help!
you can break the name in two parts... you can use the same name in both the columns...

blinggg

Mar 16, 2013
My gross income from employment doesn’t match my line 150 on my NOA because I have t5 slips from my investments. Am I still eligible if my employment income less the minimum requirements and how to include those investments in the employment history so my gross income on the form matches my line 150 on my NOA
Hi did you find answer to this? I am also in the same situation. Line 101 on T4 does not match with Line 150 on NOA.

sangoswa

Star Member
Aug 1, 2016
Need Help,

I am applying for my Dad and Mom.
do i need to define both as principal applicant ?
Mom is depend on Dad, do i need to fill 1344e for Mom or only just for Dad?

My parents don't have birth certificate but they have school leaving in local language.
Do i need affidivate to mention don't have birth certificate ? is any specific format ?

School leaving translated into English and did Notary is that enough ?

Thanks in Advance.

mkundu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
I have the same confusion, further, if there is co-sponsor then in section 17 are we supposed to repeat the same family size or it need to be blank??

Hi I called CIC again and this time the agent seemed he knew what he was talking about.

This is what he suggested- use given names in last name as in canada its not possible to not have last name.
For form 5669 use NA in given name and use given name as last name same as in other forms.

I am going to follow this.
Hi Everyone,

i am aware that this topic has been discussed earlier however i called CIC and theie answer is different then what i got here. So i m trying to look for some clarity.

My parents do not have any last names in their passport
1. what should i use in form 1344, 008 and 5406 as last name is compulsory.
2. what should i use in last name and given name in form 5669 as both are compulsary

the cic agent suggested me to use NA for last names however on the forum some people suggested that the guide says not to use NA, but i cant find that in guide.

Please help!

Hi I called CIC again and this time the agent seemed he knew what he was talking about.

This is what he suggested- use given names in last name as in canada its not possible to not have last name.
For form 5669 use NA in given name and use given name as last name same as in other forms.

I am going to follow this.

kathyberone

Star Member
Feb 19, 2015
Hi did you find answer to this? I am also in the same situation. Line 101 on T4 does not match with Line 150 on NOA.
Line 150 is your gross income.
Investments are not income, unless you liquidate them (and then pay taxes, because then they become income).

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Will parents’ UCI work? It doesn’t work for me.
parents UCI also will work, put principle applicant's UCI and principle applicant details, but if you can't find anything by your info, I am pretty sure, that the application is not in the system yet

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
parents UCI also will work, put principle applicant's UCI and principle applicant details, but if you can't find anything by your info, I am pretty sure, that the application is not in the system yet
Hi @newandold, can you share wit us when your package was received in Ottawa ? And how long between they receiving your package and you been able to see your ECA status changed?