+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Andy_s

Oct 24, 2014
So I am sponsoring my mom only. I do not need co-signor for my application as I meet income criteria.

Also, my mother is coming alone (dad passed away few years ago and other children are settled and not dependent on her)

Can you help if we still need to fill up these forms (from checklist)

- IMM 5409 as this is not applicable in my case.
- IMM 0008DEP as there are no dependents and she is coming alone

If not, do I still fill up the forms and write NA in all the fields or just ignore the above forms.

IMM5409 not required. It is only required if you have a common-law partner and he/she is co-signing the application.

IMM 0008DEP not required. You only need this if you have more than 5 dependents and will be filling out the 6th dependent.

If available, you might want to throw in the Death Cert of your father as a supporting Doc. It is NOT required but MAY be requested later on in the middle of processing. If you have it available, you may add as supporting doc if not, then it's perfectly fine.

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
Hi ,

Need help.

I am sponsoring my parents ( Mom and Dad )
and my birth certificate doesn't have my name on it.

what other document/ documents can I add to show my relationship with my parents.
I think either your parents can request for new birth certificate which will have your name but not sure how much time it takes to get it.
Other option is that may be you can get the affidavit for the same and attach your 10/12 grade certificate which should have your dob and your parents name.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi ,

Need help.

I am sponsoring my parents ( Mom and Dad )
and my birth certificate doesn't have my name on it.

what other document/ documents can I add to show my relationship with my parents.
My two cents, Make an affidavit of birth and also attach birth certificate along with it, in explanation letter write down that since your name is not written on birth certificate therefore you are also presenting affidavit. Any school documents that mention your parentage is also valuable. If it is possible to get the corrected certificate from original office it would be best solution, because date of entry would be original old one only date of issue would be current.

Last edited:

canadaDreamz14

Star Member
Sep 8, 2014
canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-05-2014
Med's Request
04-11-2014
Med's Done....
14-11-2014
Interview........
Waived with god's grace!
Passport Req..
26-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-03-2015
Hello there

Many people are saying that all the forms must be signed by black ink, my question is where did you get this info?

I see a note on additional family information form - “ type or print in black” but it related to the info that should be printed in black which is done in black anyway by your printer when you fill out the form.

Nothing says about signatures
Doesnt matter. You are right for additional family information, they just asking to type or print in black. you can do signature in blue/black. People are getting confused with the statement. I sent the document with blue ink signature.

Julfox

Star Member
Dec 21, 2018
Pls can anyone help me with this enquire. I hv a dependent under 22 years old and is now 20 years old. He has been a international student in Canada since he was 18 years old. Pls advise if he is required to get a police report clearance in canada as part of the requirement in Canada?

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
its still early but you can use this link later on: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/security.do Good Luck
A question about the ECAS

The IMM 5401 does not exist anymore (the payments now are done electronically )

Can we use the RECEIPT NUMBER for the PGP payment to check the ECAS status ? Or the only way to do it before receiving the AOR is going to be with our own UCI (the UCI of the sponsor)

Can someone who already received updates on the ECAS this year share their experience ? Can you use this receipt number or only your UCI ?

Many thanks

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi guys,

My wife is sponsoring her parents.
Her mother's name on the marriage certificate and (wife's) birth certificate don't match the name in the passport, but are very similar:
Example:
Passport name: Dora Rubin
Certificate name: Doria Rubin
Should I:
1. match the translation to English match the passport names
OR
2. include an affidavit that asserts the two names belong to the same person
OR
3. enter Doria Rubin under question "Have you ever used any other name" in form 0008

I am thinking #1 would be the best course of action and would keep the application simple, but wanted to know what other people think.

Thanks!
My two cents, also see what others say: A person is identified by two things , Name and date of birth, best is to include it in other name used in imm0008, to temper with translation is not fine as they also ask for notarized copy of original document to see what has been translated, every third application will have little spelling issue with name but there is also date of birth to verify that the person is same.

Ramona2019

Star Member
Apr 26, 2019
Hi guys,

Maybe this question is already asked sorry that I could not find it.

I'm spooring my parents, have no children, so my total family size for Q7 of the financial evaluation form is 4. Now moving on to Q14 for employment history, still I should provide the family size. Should it still be 4 or my actual family size at any period in time, like me and my spouse 2?

Thank you in advance.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi guys,

Maybe this question is already asked sorry that I could not find it.

I'm spooring my parents, have no children, so my total family size for Q7 of the financial evaluation form is 4. Now moving on to Q14 for employment history, still I should provide the family size. Should it still be 4 or my actual family size at any period in time, like me and my spouse 2?

Thank you in advance.
I have the same confusion, further, if there is co-sponsor then in section 17 are we supposed to repeat the same family size or it need to be blank??

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
A question about the ECAS

The IMM 5401 does not exist anymore (the payments now are done electronically )

Can we use the RECEIPT NUMBER for the PGP payment to check the ECAS status ? Or the only way to do it before receiving the AOR is going to be with our own UCI (the UCI of the sponsor)

Can someone who already received updates on the ECAS this year share their experience ? Can you use this receipt number or only your UCI ?

Many thanks
I was able to check only by UCI number, I tried but was not able to check by receipt number. You should have UCI, try by your information, put your UCI number, your last name and your date of birth.

Reactions: robreeves

mkundu

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Hi Everyone,

i am aware that this topic has been discussed earlier however i called CIC and theie answer is different then what i got here. So i m trying to look for some clarity.

My parents do not have any last names in their passport
1. what should i use in form 1344, 008 and 5406 as last name is compulsory.
2. what should i use in last name and given name in form 5669 as both are compulsary

the cic agent suggested me to use NA for last names however on the forum some people suggested that the guide says not to use NA, but i cant find that in guide.

Please help!

hallieliu

Apr 13, 2016
I was able to check only by UCI number, I tried but was not able to check by receipt number. You should have UCI, try by your information, put your UCI number, your last name and your date of birth.
Will parents’ UCI work? It doesn’t work for me.

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
Folks, need some help. Pardon me if its a repeating question. I am kind of confused about the "Family Size" in Question -14 of form 5768 Financial Evaluation form.
I am sponsoring my parents (Mom and Dad) and we are a couple (me and my wife), no kids.

What would be the family size for each years 2016, 2017, 2018?
Is it 2 (me and wife) or 4 (me, wife+2 persons being sponsored)?

Really appreciate the reply from senior members.
4 for all the three years

alexpritie

Apr 30, 2013
Applicants UCI or Sponsor's UCI, can u share a link? when did they receive your applicaiton?