+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Thank you , the visa sticker is still on the passport , even then parents cant board the flight from back home ?
Once you land the visa sticker is pretty much useless. You need a PRTD or a valid PR card to enter Canada by flight. Alternatively you may attempt land crossing with an expired PR card or a COPR in a private vehicle only

Reactions: mubashirathar56

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It took 2.9 years to ask me for anything. Radio silent for YEARS. ZERO communication till two months before completion.
very normal to go long periods of time with no information. This is usually during the background checks. Has to do with delays on Canadian side and dye to other governments and outside organizations. As long as you get approved in the end you are still much luckier than many other families.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All!

My application is in progress since October 2020 and there has been no update from IRCC. What shall I do? I have submitted webforms multiple times and they always say its in progress.....
Processing time for PGP is around 3 years so you are within normal. You’ll just have to wait and be patient. No point in emailing. If anything it just diverts resources.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Quick question guys please help..

The Non accompanying spouse is being asked by CIC the following:
1. Passport/Travel Document
2. Medical
3. Birth registration/certificate
4. CV/Resume
5. Police Certificate

I know medical is compulsory even for NON accompanying, but I'm not sure why they are asking for the other documents..
They need all the info for non-accompanying because any problem or concern about their application/information will impact the primary applicant. The whole family has to pass the various screenings to be approved. If IRCC only asked for information when the non-accompanying wanted to come to Canada they could potentially have missed some info that would have impacted the approval of the primary applicant.

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Once you land the visa sticker is pretty much useless. You need a PRTD or a valid PR card to enter Canada by flight. Alternatively you may attempt land crossing with an expired PR card or a COPR in a private vehicle only
Thanks , i was referring to the super visa sticker .. which is on the passport . Cant they travel on that visa in case the PR card doesnt arrive by the time they leave Canada ?

simolak-1010

Jun 14, 2022
Good morning everyone,

A quick question, Does anyone here ever complain to the Information Commissioner of Canada at any point? I submitted Acces to Information request on June 15th to get more info on my parents' application. Under the Access to Information Act, the CIC has 30 days to provide the requested information. On July 15, I received a request from CIC re completing an authorization form; I’ve already been authorized by my parents to connect CIC, and this fact was noted on my original request. Nonetheless, let’s say they needed this information and I missed it. Today is 33 days after I sent them the completed request and followed up twice, but I still have not received any response. Under AIA, CIC should have advised me if they required additional time to prep the notes, but no word from CIC.

I’m so fed up with this process. I know they are busy… I appreciate Covid caused an unprecedented situation… but can someone from CIC understand how frustrating it is for us to wait each day to receive a response? Could they just understand, that receiving an automated message won't help anyone...

My parents' application was received in June 2019- their first medical was completed in March 2021, and the second one passed in April 2022… all documents were submitted within 10 days of CIC’s request…. MP office advised the CIC is running a security check…I want to know … where is fairness in this process, and what’s the reason for this delay… I know immigrating to Canada is not my parents’ right, but a privilege… and at no point do I want to sound condescending by complaining… but I also know knowing and getting notes of their application is their right and my right… Sorry for the vent! If someone could please let me know whether their complaint to the comissioner and if it took them somewhere, I would greatly appreciated it…

Reactions: marylatt

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Passport Request

Hi, today I received a letter to send my passport for getting visa (passport Request Letter)
Does anyone know any travel agency in Iran that do Visa Pickup?

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Thanks , i was referring to the super visa sticker .. which is on the passport . Cant they travel on that visa in case the PR card doesnt arrive by the time they leave Canada ?
Once they are PR, they cannot enter with any visitor visa. Even if it's sticked to their passports. They need either PRTD or PR card. Or cross by land throught the US border (if they can travel to US)

Jatinmittal

Aug 18, 2022
I received passport request while parents are here in Canada on super visa. Filled the web form to update address and do virtual landing. DO you know how long it will take for them to respond? Any email address where i can send updated address. ?

Jatinmittal

Aug 18, 2022
I will share my experience as soon as I hear something from IRCC. We've got passport request on September 29, submitted web-form with current address the day after, since then - nothing... Please share your experience if you get some info sooner than me! Thanks in advance!!!
@lenalucky can you update if you got the virtual landing info and when you get it ?

Reactions: kuldip25

spr2425

Star Member
May 23, 2019
Can we use different mailing address on the 2 way courier than the one we have on our passport for passport submission request.