+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Does anyone have any info regarding this:

If the CoPR Document expiry date is on 22nd Dec'22 then parents can travel in November....right? and do we have to do anything else before the expiry date?

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
I got the same email to provide applicant most upto date information and address etc for portal account creation. my dad was visiting US that time and was returning on the weekend so I replied that he will be coming back in 5 days. Then when he arrived I sent reply on the same email that he is now in Canada. After 4 days of that, I received portal account creation email. Then after two days in that account, I get another email that his PR application is now available under the account.

He later went to his account and confirmed that he is present in Canada and uploaded the PR picture (Digital copy taken form London drugs). After that the application started showing "In review with IRCC" and 5 days after that he received email with e-COPR link to download from his account. Finally the process is over after 3 years and 2 months!
Thanks , once the e-Copr is recieved .. the existing super visa gets cancelled ? i heard new PR cards taking upto 80 days but my parents might have to travel back due to medical appointments . Can they travel and come back on supervisa ? i will have the PR cards in mail by then hopefully ...

mubashirathar56

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Thanks , once the e-Copr is recieved .. the existing super visa gets cancelled ? i heard new PR cards taking upto 80 days but my parents might have to travel back due to medical appointments . Can they travel and come back on supervisa ? i will have the PR cards in mail by then hopefully ...
All existing TRVs are null and void when the applicant becomes a Permanent Resident of Canada. The waiting time shows around 70 days but I heard some people are getting within a month. The email I received says that they will print in 2 weeks. If they go out of Canada before receiving their PR cards, they would need to have their PR cards delivered there somehow or apply to the embassy in Pakistan for PRTD which again takes a couple of months.

Reactions: kuldip25 and YVR123

millennial

Star Member
Nov 1, 2019
Hi All!

My application is in progress since October 2020 and there has been no update from IRCC. What shall I do? I have submitted webforms multiple times and they always say its in progress.....

• Sad
Reactions: Bimpsy_7

mubashirathar56

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Hi All!

My application is in progress since October 2020 and there has been no update from IRCC. What shall I do? I have submitted webforms multiple times and they always say its in progress.....
Just wait buddy....my application took 3 years and 2 months, applied in June 2019 and finished processing August 2022!

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
All existing TRVs are null and void when the applicant becomes a Permanent Resident of Canada. The waiting time shows around 70 days but I heard some people are getting within a month. The email I received says that they will print in 2 weeks. If they go out of Canada before receiving their PR cards, they would need to have their PR cards delivered there somehow or apply to the embassy in Pakistan for PRTD which again takes a couple of months.
Thanks , PR card can be delivered that should not be an issue but another issue is photo acceptance . I heard some ppl are asked to redo their photos , do you think there is any such risk nowadays if going thru the e-copr landing process ?

mubashirathar56

Star Member
Oct 13, 2011
Thanks , PR card can be delivered that should not be an issue but another issue is photo acceptance . I heard some ppl are asked to redo their photos , do you think there is any such risk nowadays if going thru the e-copr landing process ?
If your digital photo was accepted on the portal when you were uploading it then it is highly unlikely that it won't be accepted. if there is a little editing required then the IRCC officer will do him/herself.

Reactions: kuldip25

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
My mom was in-Canada, and the PR card was received in mail after 19 days of uploading on the portal.

lecter

Star Member
Feb 19, 2012
Quick question guys please help..

The Non accompanying spouse is being asked by CIC the following:
1. Passport/Travel Document
2. Medical
3. Birth registration/certificate
4. CV/Resume
5. Police Certificate

I know medical is compulsory even for NON accompanying, but I'm not sure why they are asking for the other documents..

muzmil

Feb 11, 2008
Thank you , the visa sticker is still on the passport , even then parents cant board the flight from back home ?

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi All!

Current processing time is 36months so you're well within normal processing time. Don't sweat it!!! Try and distract yourself in the meantime.

Reactions: canuck78