+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Does anyone know if we sponsor our parents from Alberta but can they enter the country and live in a different province or they HAVE TO come and stay in Alberta?
@laxsun any advice or information on this? Parents have to enter the country before December but was thinking if parents can come and live in a different province as we are planning to move.
As per my understanding, PRs are free to move to any Canadian address.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
I have been asked to provide below information for my parents
"Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information. for you and your spouse."

Can someone confirm if the form to use is IMM5562e.
Also, what does "including Citizenship and resident document information", i do not see any section in IMM5562 where i can fill the Citizenship and resident information.
Travel history is IMM5562e. You may include your citizenship in the purpose column. For example: "on business trip with UK passport"

Reactions: RK.GK

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
As per my understanding, PRs are free to move to any Canadian address.
So it doesnt matter if their entry point wont be the province from where they were sponsored? I mean after they enter the country they can move to different province but is it not like if they are sponsored from a specific province they have to first enter to that province?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Definitely i will respond to Vancouver's email. I will give them details of medical that was done last year in august and i think thats about it because i re read the email regarding police clearence and its only if my mother stayed in canada ever more than 6 months which she never has.
As far as medical is concerned, I assumed that since the medical was going to expire; they had sent the request in advance. I reached out to the MP's office and found out that background and security is complete, which I think is the last step before the ppr/copr. But I don't know when the security was completed. I would suggest, send the webform about medical but also get it done to avoid any delays.

konnichiwa12

Jan 2, 2018
It will be better if you talk with an IRCC agent.
Done!! Finally the process is now complete. Today we were able to download eCoPR, then went to Service Canada and got SIN, opened a bank account, and applied for health card.
Started with the application to Ottawa in June of 2019 and finally got eCoPR today in July of 2022. Thank you so much to each and everyone for info sharing!! All the best to who are waiting for their file to complete. Cheers. @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @serious_cheese

Last edited:

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Hi All
After a long wait and a lot of back of files being moved from Mississauga-Singapore-back to Mississauga-and again back to Singapore and now in Vancouver, we have received the pre arrival services letter. I am not really sure what's next as my parents did their medical in Nov 2019! Here is our timeline, could someone advise what's next and how much longer our wait will be? Please note my parents are in Canada since Jan 2020. We contacted MP but they were not of much help and only provided info that I'm already able to see in mycic account.

1. Medical Exam: Nov 2019
2. All passport copies + police clearance certificate provided: Nov 2019
3. CV/Resume: Nov 2019
4. Supplementary Information - Your Travels (IMM 5562): Nov 2019
5. RCMP Criminal Record Check: March 2020
6. CV/Resume (In-depth) provided: Oct 2020
7. Client Information - Updated Residential Address and Project time period of stay provided: Oct 2020
8. RENEWED Passport/Travel Document copies (all pages): Oct 2020
9. Sponsor's Birth Certificate, ID, School certificate and Copy of Passport provided: Nov 2020

Reactions: Feb2004

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Hi All
After a long wait and a lot of back of files being moved from Mississauga-Singapore-back to Mississauga-and again back to Singapore and now in Vancouver, we have received the pre arrival services letter. I am not really sure what's next as my parents did their medical in Nov 2019! Here is our timeline, could someone advise what's next and how much longer our wait will be? Please note my parents are in Canada since Jan 2020. We contacted MP but they were not of much help and only provided info that I'm already able to see in mycic account.
Are your parents on supervisa?

simolak-1010

Jun 14, 2022
My parents' application was received on May 27, 2019, and still no news. The second medical was completed at the End of April... The security Check is still ongoing. When/How we can hear back from CIC----- BIG Mistry.:(:(:(

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
My parents' application was received on May 27, 2019, and still no news. The second medical was completed at the End of April... The security Check is still ongoing. When/How we can hear back from CIC----- BIG Mistry.:(:(:(
When - Only God knows not even sure IRCC know these days...
How - Email, phone call etc...

Hang in there... Have you tried contacting MP and ordered GCMS notes?

pgp2020iran

Star Member
May 4, 2021
Does anyone know how can we send a document to CIC-MONTREAL?
my passport was about to expire in less than 1 year so I got a new one and sent a copy of it to Ankara Visa Office, my Local visa office, but they today replied me back that I should contact CIC-Montreal since they are the primary office responsible for my file.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Does anyone know how can we send a document to CIC-MONTREAL?
my passport was about to expire in less than 1 year so I got a new one and sent a copy of it to Ankara Visa Office, my Local visa office, but they today replied me back that I should contact CIC-Montreal since they are the primary office responsible for my file.
If you send copies of passports through IRCC webform, that should be fine. You don't need to send to specific visa office.
@karachi_boyz

Last edited:

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi. I'm seeing this message when I go to mycic page since yesterday. "Our online services are unavailable. Please try again later. Thank you for your patience." Is everybody getting this message? Does it have to do something with rogers?

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
So it doesnt matter if their entry point wont be the province from where they were sponsored? I mean after they enter the country they can move to different province but is it not like if they are sponsored from a specific province they have to first enter to that province?
This PR process is a federal one and you mentioned that you were moving. Logically, the application was to have your parents with you in Canada and that should be wherever you live when they arrive.