+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

AradhanaDakua

Star Member
Apr 25, 2019
Does anyone know if we sponsor our parents from Alberta but can they enter the country and live in a different province or they HAVE TO come and stay in Alberta?
@laxsun any advice or information on this? Parents have to enter the country before December but was thinking if parents can come and live in a different province as we are planning to move.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
@laxsun please update, received pcc request, after long silence, last communication in December 2019 for bio and medical, after that only information of file transfer to London uk. Requested gcms twice but no reply. They asked only pcc not medical, what do you think? Will they update expired medical or request new one.

Reactions: laxsun

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
So the benchmark is 3 years, prayers for all who are waiting in queue
In my opinion only it's yes and no. Yes because IRCC update processing timeline to 34months. No because it appears there are so many things that happened to 2019 applications that stalled the process. It seems like a great year to get selected (since it was not a lottery you knew instantly if you were selected). However, on the other end seems like the slowest year to get processed at least in recent times. I am a 2019 applicant but I have seen 2020 even 2021 go way faster than 2019's mine included.

After this application I really do hope I will not have to sponsor anyone again, it's emotional and mentally exhausting.

It sucks!!!

pundhi

Nov 24, 2019
Please help me understand this what's going on here with my Mothers File under PGP 2019. I live in Edmonton, Alberta and I am a representative on her file.
My mothers file was in NDVO, she has been INDIA ever since i applied for PGP in 2019. Her file was moved to NDVO on 20 Nov 2021 and before that in August 2021 everything was submitted her biometric, medical, PCC etc. all other things in addition to that even her address in India was sent through webform.
Medicals were processed it shows on her account.
Now I received a pre arrival letter from Vancouver on 23 June, then today 5 July I received letter asking for her medicals, RCMP police clearance.
How did this just happen, her medicals don't expire till 10 august 2022 and why am i getting all this from Vancouver.
Does this mean her file has now been shipped to Vancouver and why she has never lived in Canada for more than 6 months ever, her travel history shows that.
What do I do?

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Please help me understand this what's going on here with my Mothers File under PGP 2019. I live in Edmonton, Alberta and I am a representative on her file.
My mothers file was in NDVO, she has been INDIA ever since i applied for PGP in 2019. Her file was moved to NDVO on 20 Nov 2021 and before that in August 2021 everything was submitted her biometric, medical, PCC etc. all other things in addition to that even her address in India was sent through webform.
Now I received a pre arrival letter from Vancouver on 23 June, then today 5 July I received letter asking for her medicals, RCMP police clearance.
How did this just happen, her medicals don't expire till 10 august 2022 and why am i getting all this from Vancouver.
Does this mean her file has now been shipped to Vancouver and why she has never lived in Canada for more than 6 months ever, her travel history shows that.
What do I do?
Yes, the file is in Vancouver. Can't say anything about the PCC but for my mother, the Vancouver office sent the medical 3 months before the expiry. This was the second medical. Pre-arrival letter received even before the medical. No update after April.

pundhi

Nov 24, 2019
Yes, the file is in Vancouver. Can't say anything about the PCC but for my mother, the Vancouver office sent the medical 3 months before the expiry. This was the second medical. Pre-arrival letter received even before the medical. No update after April.
I this normal even though she is in india her file has been moved from india to vancouver now???
And Hamied did you have to get the 2nd medical done even though first was still valid???

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
What do I do?
I cannot comment on the RCMP clearance but if you're getting request from Vancouver it means her file is in Vancouver. She does not have to have lived in Canada or be in Canada for her file to be transferred to Canada.

So yea this is a very normal file transfer and I think it's due to workload redistribution.

My parents file has travelled all over from Mississauga to Accra to Montreal to Vancouver to London Ontario. I am praying London Ontario is the last bus stop...lol.

Funny fact - As it relates to Canada, I have never left the province of Ontario. My parent file has travelled more than I have...lol. I only found out via GCMS notes which stated workload redistribution as the reason for the numerous transfers.

Last edited:
Reactions: Determined1

pundhi

Nov 24, 2019
should i stay put then, looks like it does happen which is weird as she is in India and NDVO had her file .
Should i at least vancouver know her medicals r still valid

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
should i stay put then, looks like it does happen which is weird as she is in India and NDVO had her file .
Should i at least vancouver know her medicals r still valid
You definitely don't need to stress about the file transfer. However, I would not recommend staying put, if Vancouver asked for documents I strongly recommend you respond to them to avoid any delays. If she has a valid medical you need to let Vancouver know may be by webform alerting them to the details of the medicals and all. I'd recommend doing same for any documents Vancouver is asking for that you've already done and is STILL VALID. If it has expired you'd need to redo.

As for the RCMP police clearance I don't know much about that, so I cannot comment. Did it specifically say RCMP police clearance or just police clearance?

pundhi

Nov 24, 2019
Definitely i will respond to Vancouver's email. I will give them details of medical that was done last year in august and i think thats about it because i re read the email regarding police clearence and its only if my mother stayed in canada ever more than 6 months which she never has.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Definitely i will respond to Vancouver's email. I will give them details of medical that was done last year in august and i think thats about it because i re read the email regarding police clearence and its only if my mother stayed in canada ever more than 6 months which she never has.
Ok that makes more sense to have the "its only if my mother stayed in canada ever more than 6 months" clause.

Yes reply to Vancouver ASAP as her medical will expire next month. I also recommend you "mentally" prepare to do another one since it's so close but I advice you wait and see if they request it before proceeding.

Reactions: YVR123

RK.GK

Nov 1, 2016
I have been asked to provide below information for my parents
"Travel History Info Form: Information on your previous travel history (trip duration and purpose) including citizenship and resident document information. for you and your spouse."

Can someone confirm if the form to use is IMM5562e.
Also, what does "including Citizenship and resident document information", i do not see any section in IMM5562 where i can fill the Citizenship and resident information.