+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

gg08

Star Member
Mar 22, 2012
yes biometrics are done only once, if she did biometric for visitor visa she don't need to do it again
Thank you for the reply. It's actually the other way around. My Father gave the biometrics for PR and now received a new Biometrics request for his Visitor Visa.
So, shall I just ignore the new Biometrics request letter?

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Thank you for the reply. It's actually the other way around. My Father gave the biometrics for PR and now received a new Biometrics request for his Visitor Visa.
So, shall I just ignore the new Biometrics request letter?
Biometric for visitor visa and PR are different. This is why my parents have twice given biometrics. First they gave for super visa then they gave for PR even though their biometric for super visa was valid.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi to all. Its pleasant to see that many friends are seeing movement in their files after silence of 3 years. Same is my case, hope same happens with our file. Backgrounds /security /Crimnality check can not take very long. Express entry candidates were cleared in 12 months in psst. It appears that most of files are complete and waiting for VO to call for 2nd medical, PC and approve.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Biometric for visitor visa and PR are different. This is why my parents have twice given biometrics. First they gave for super visa then they gave for PR even though their biometric for super visa was valid.
Biometric is suppossed to be valid for 10years I believe. And to my knowledge there is no such thing as biometric for PR vs biometric for visitors visa except it's now country of origin dependent.or some other factors at play.

My family did biometric for their visitors visa for them to visit me in 2015 and my parents where still able to use the same biometric for the 2019 PGP application, one of my sister used hers for 2020 express entry and the other renewel her visa in 2022 without having to do a new one. So except they change the rules or something you should not have to repeat within the 10year period.

I recommend you send IRCC a letter rather than ignoring it to alert them to the potential error. Ignoring them never solves anything, it rather causes delays.

In my sister's express entry application IRCC asked for PCC from a country she stayed only 5months and we sent a letter to remind them it needed to be 6months or greater for PCC and they agreed and withdrew the request.

Reactions: caninfoseeker

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi All, Looking for immediate help from the experts here!

Background: My parents PR application is in-progress from 2019. Received their biometrics request in Dec 2021 which was completed and the same is reflecting in the old (GC key system) and the new portal (valid from Dec 2021 to Dec 2031).
Since the PR application has no update since Dec 2021 and parents have to travel soon, I applied for their Visitor Visa on the new portal in Jun 8 2022.

Question: For my Father, I have received biometrics request letter in the new portal even though his current biometrics ( valid till Dec 2031) is reflecting in the new portal application. What shall I do? I submitted a webform few days back informing then & seeking clarification but no response till now.

Shall I just ignore the biometrics request letter for the visitor visa OR pay the fees as mentioned in the letter and go for fresh biometrics for him?

Note:
1. For my mother, i did not receive any biometrics request letter for visitor visa but only for my father. (since both of their PR biometrics are reflecting in both the portals).
2. My father's passport was renewed in between. i.e. PR application biometrics completed (Dec 2021) --> Passport renewed (Jan 2022) --> Visitor Visa-new portal biometrics request letter (Jun 2022). Are the biometrics linked to the passport?

Can someone please help as I need to decide by end of day if I have to pay for new biometrics request or not (i.e. 10 days given in the letter which is due to today)

Appreciate all the help, Thanks in advance!
Speak with an IRCC agent to explain or send a webform again with your father's biometrics number found in MyCIC.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Hi All, Looking for immediate help from the experts here!

Background: My parents PR application is in-progress from 2019. Received their biometrics request in Dec 2021 which was completed and the same is reflecting in the old (GC key system) and the new portal (valid from Dec 2021 to Dec 2031).
Since the PR application has no update since Dec 2021 and parents have to travel soon, I applied for their Visitor Visa on the new portal in Jun 8 2022.

Question: For my Father, I have received biometrics request letter in the new portal even though his current biometrics ( valid till Dec 2031) is reflecting in the new portal application. What shall I do? I submitted a webform few days back informing then & seeking clarification but no response till now.

Shall I just ignore the biometrics request letter for the visitor visa OR pay the fees as mentioned in the letter and go for fresh biometrics for him?

Note:
1. For my mother, i did not receive any biometrics request letter for visitor visa but only for my father. (since both of their PR biometrics are reflecting in both the portals).
2. My father's passport was renewed in between. i.e. PR application biometrics completed (Dec 2021) --> Passport renewed (Jan 2022) --> Visitor Visa-new portal biometrics request letter (Jun 2022). Are the biometrics linked to the passport?

Can someone please help as I need to decide by end of day if I have to pay for new biometrics request or not (i.e. 10 days given in the letter which is due to today)

Appreciate all the help, Thanks in advance!
Biometric should be attached to the name not the passport. I believe you did the right thing by informating them of the exist non expired biometric (hopefully you provided the information relating to the existing biometric) If you are comfortable waiting to get a response from them then I recommend waiting (if I were in your shoes I would wait but that's just me). However, if you know you're going to have HBP and sleepless night then.....

Replies from them are not immediate so it is really up to your comfort level and sanity sake here. Biometrics should be valid for 10years...

When dealing with IRCC, keeping sane is extremely important.

FYI - Something similar happened to my sister on her express entry application IRCC asked for PCC from a country she stayed only 5months and we sent a letter to remind them it needed to be 6months or greater for PCC and they agreed and withdrew the request.

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
AOR on June 13, 2019 and security screening started from mid August 2021 and is still in process as of June 22, 2022 like forever. My parents keep pushing me to email IRCC, the minister and local MP every week even though all these means are useless. Can't get married and have children, which also makes my parents unhappy. My life is getting so tough with chunks of such unbearable mental stress and financial burden ($400 med insurance every month) due to the loooooooooooooong security screening.
You need to take your parents advice. Also order CBSA &GCMS notes so you can see what’s going on with your application. Send an email to IRCC.ClientPortalEast-EstClientPortail.IRCC@cic.gc.ca with a catchy subject and let them know how long you’ve been waiting…. They might not reply but they would act.
Good luck.

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
I’m glad to announce that I got my PPR on June 1. AOR was May 28, 2019, CSQ October 2020. I submitted upfront medical and PCC and application changed to in progress in April 2021. I came to Canada this year on visitor’s visa and devoted time to call IRCC on the dot of 8am, got my sponsor to write MP, requested for CBSA AND GCMS notes and started sending weekly emails to IRCC. Finally I got additional documents and remedical requests in April. Medical results took 3weeks to be uploaded to the portal. Towards May ending I got a message that I should confirm my location, if I was in Canada and when I did, I got PPR on June 1 and instructions on virtual landing which resulted in my getting my signed COPR on June 8!
I cannot contain my excitement. I’ve posted this to answer some questions posed and encourage others. The pain of the 3 year wait is gone! Glory to God!
let me add that I changed my address online to the Canadian one.
@laxsun @Robert P please put me on the tracker.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hamied

Determined1

Jan 26, 2022
Hi All
My Mom got the visa stamped on the passport and it expires on July 28,
A family emergency has taken place and she won't be able to fly before this date,
Is there any way we could extend this date? Thank you in advance for your help
After all this hassle why miss a golden opportunity? She will lose the approval if she misses the deadline. It says so categorically. That means you’d have to wait until she’s picked from the lottery whose draw date is yet to be known.

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi All,
I am applying for a visa extension for my mother who is in Canada on a super visa. I have applied for her visa extensions in the last three years but the online application system never asked for a medical, however, this time it is asking for a medical. She is also waiting for her PGP application (2nd medical done in April 2022). MP office informed that security is also complete and just have to wait.

My question is can I use the IME she had for her PR application for the extension? Also, interestingly, in the questionnaire; if you select "No" to the question, "Have you had a IRCC medical exam in the last 12 months", the upload section for IME disappears! Should it not be the other way around i.e. if you select No, then it should ask you for the medical and if you select Yes, then, it should not ask you for the IME. Thanks.

arnagpaoa

Jun 18, 2019
Hello everyone in the group.
Just have a question regarding online status. ECAS. Status : Decision Made.
Very last line was "7. We sent you a letter on June 24, 2022. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us."
I received an email last June 18 requesting for copies of my parents passports (not original). Sent thru email attached copies of their passports. They requested this because the old PP expired last Dec 2021.
Now, the question is, does anyone know what type of letter was sent out thru regular mail?
They usually do emails right? Why they sent out regular mail this time?
We have not received the letter in the mail yet as of this time.
Appreciate your help on this.
Thank you.