+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
There are many left but most of active applicants have already got PPR.
Only about 52% of those included in the tracker have got PPR. However, many are not reporting their progress in the tracker.
Lost hope. Have applied for super visa and want to forget about pgp-19. Two weeks passed even no reply to super visa. If get success in pgp it will be a bonus gift from God almighty.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
I am in same boat, waiting almost 3 years now. I sent many emails to LVO and same generic answer application in queue waiting for a review by an office from last 16 months now. I sent another webform this week and got reply from IRCC Vancouver. I had no idea my application is transferred to Vancouver from London. However reply was not any different waiting for a review by an officer. Its ridiculous.
Anyone here any idea why applications are moved to Vancouver?
Oh, you have shared some thing that interests me, why because my file was shifted to london from Mississauga in august 2021, june 04 ottawa submitted pgp 2019 (parents in pakistan) a pdf letter was received in my Gckey that file shifted to london , no acknowledgement was received from london , then raised a web form for london office and received a reply that file is with them and in queue to be reviewed and advised they wont be able to reply to similar queries in future. In first week of march 2022 contacted mp and an assistant called ircc and found that file is in Vancouver and back ground security of my father is not complete, I informed mp that there is some miscommunication as file is in london and not Vancouver and emailed mp the pdf informing file transfer to london, mp said I have asked agent to recheck and I will get back to you, but anyways your father file it stuck up at background check, since then I have not received any confirmation from mp that my file is in london or Vancouver, but now I doubt that it may be .....

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
Hi folks, just a quick update, I ordered ATIP notes to find out that my parents' case was transferred to Vancouver Visa office (previously Mexico). If you want my times, check the spreadsheet, it is updated.

This is just discouraging. With the speed of this system, I'm now looking ahead of probably another 6 months so they start working on it which brings the process now to 3 years.

The irony is that I'm a co-sponsor in another file that arrived 5 days later to CIC than the other file and that file is already complete. I struggle to comprehend why this is a fair system. But oh well...

Sorry for venting my frustrations here. I know I'm probably not the only one.
so you came to know from atip notes that file transferred to Vancouver and they never bother to inform you?

M4imran

Feb 3, 2022
Oh, you have shared some thing that interests me, why because my file was shifted to london from Mississauga in august 2021, june 04 ottawa submitted pgp 2019 (parents in pakistan) a pdf letter was received in my Gckey that file shifted to london , no acknowledgement was received from london , then raised a web form for london office and received a reply that file is with them and in queue to be reviewed and advised they wont be able to reply to similar queries in future. In first week of march 2022 contacted mp and an assistant called ircc and found that file is in Vancouver and back ground security of my father is not complete, I informed mp that there is some miscommunication as file is in london and not Vancouver and emailed mp the pdf informing file transfer to london, mp said I have asked agent to recheck and I will get back to you, but anyways your father file it stuck up at background check, since then I have not received any confirmation from mp that my file is in london or Vancouver, but now I doubt that it may be .....
I think all files not processed are in Vancouver now. I was never informed. I came to know when I submitted web form and reply came from Vancouver.

karthit

Feb 5, 2012
I just needed a clarification. Would really appreciate if anyone could clarify:
My parents have to land in Canada before July 2022 as part of their PR. Since the flights are extremely expensive to Toronto, I am looking at an option of booking an itinerary via the US. They have a US visa. Is it ok for them to travel to USA and land in Canada for their PR from the US? Would there be any issue with this? Is there a need for them to land directly from India?

gst8486

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2011
I just needed a clarification. Would really appreciate if anyone could clarify:
My parents have to land in Canada before July 2022 as part of their PR. Since the flights are extremely expensive to Toronto, I am looking at an option of booking an itinerary via the US. They have a US visa. Is it ok for them to travel to USA and land in Canada for their PR from the US? Would there be any issue with this? Is there a need for them to land directly from India?
That won’t be an issue, as long as they can travel through US on a valid Visa, and satisfy the COVID requirements for entry into Canada.

Reactions: karthit

Vishal007

Sep 9, 2013
Hi All,

I have sponsored my Mother for PR. The application status is updated as Decision Made for Sponsorship Application Status and PR Application Status but we didn't received the PPR request for my mother. Has anybody had this kind of experience? I am worried as my mother is alone and we are hoping to bring here as soon as possible.

shaikat

Star Member
Oct 24, 2013
hi all...quick question....parents arriving from overseas and landing need to apply for a PR card after landing? conflicting information I am getting...one says it mails out automatically and another says you have to apply for the initial card? please share your experience...thanks.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
hi friends, how you can I make sure that my file is in London and not transferred to any other office , when they don't reply nor they provide atip notes. thanks

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
@laxsun what sweet words from you! I just saw that I received the pre-arrival services letter in mycic account :) There's no change in ECAS and it still shows "In Processing". The Background Check status in mycic has changed from "N/A" to "We are processing your background check....". Validity of biometric is 2026. Medical expires in May. What time frame can we expect for PPR from here? Also, can we apply for my mother's health card in wake of the Pre-arrival Services letter. Thanks.
yes you can apply for health card as per the eligibility criteria listed on Apply for OHIP and get a health card | ontario.ca

she would fall under category "applied for PR" and she would need address proof and probably need to meet the residency requirement.

but even then it would be reviewed by a team leader or some senior person and they might give her a temporary health card, and then provide a permanent one as soon as she gets the PR

Reactions: Hamied

thesaiyan

Jan 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Mexico City
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
so you came to know from atip notes that file transferred to Vancouver and they never bother to inform you?
You are right. I got information only from the Atip notes. The file was updated in GCMS on march 17th but neither Mexico nor Vancouver have informed me that the file was transferred.

I will contact my MP and also send a message via the web form. I have always been patient with immigration related stuff, but close to 3 years seems a bit much. I know there is a pandemic but what triggers me is how you process more recent PGP files and older files are left to wait more. And when someone creates buzz and goes to the media then suddenly everything starts moving again.

Sorry I did not update the tracker. To be honest, I will update once this process is finished. Right now it is just adding more salt to the wound.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
hi all...quick question....parents arriving from overseas and landing need to apply for a PR card after landing? conflicting information I am getting...one says it mails out automatically and another says you have to apply for the initial card? please share your experience...thanks.
During landing, a CBSA officer will do processing of papers and will prepare application for PR Card including photos. The PR card will come by post after several weeks. There is no separate application process for a PR card.