+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
You are right. I got information only from the Atip notes. The file was updated in GCMS on march 17th but neither Mexico nor Vancouver have informed me that the file was transferred.

I will contact my MP and also send a message via the web form. I have always been patient with immigration related stuff, but close to 3 years seems a bit much. I know there is a pandemic but what triggers me is how you process more recent PGP files and older files are left to wait more. And when someone creates buzz and goes to the media then suddenly everything starts moving again.

Sorry I did not update the tracker. To be honest, I will update once this process is finished. Right now it is just adding more salt to the wound.
When did you request ATIP notes?
I requested on Jan 10 and haven't received anything. I followed up twice recently but nobody bothered to reply either. Do they provide ATIP randomly as well?! Just take someone's money and then ignore them?!

MP learned from IRCC in March that my file had cleared background check and had been in the process of being finalized. Then almost a month has passed and nothing happened.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
@laxsun @serious_cheese

Just received PPR !!! Please kindly update the tracker line 227 qjzhou#2.

Appreicate your great support to everyone in this forum! Best wishes and good luck to you all!
Congratulations! Wishing your parents smooth landing.
You are one of few May 2019 applicants whose processing took more than 34 months.
Most May 13 applicants' PPR happened in less than two years.

Reactions: qjzhou

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
When did you request ATIP notes?
I requested on Jan 10 and haven't received anything. I followed up twice recently but nobody bothered to reply either. Do they provide ATIP randomly as well?! Just take someone's money and then ignore them?!

MP learned from IRCC in March that my file had cleared background check and had been in the process of being finalized. Then almost a month has passed and nothing happened.
Dear I have applied twice for atip notes in last 7 months and received no notes nor any update on follow up email.

caninfoseeker

Aug 25, 2011
Toronto
Visa Office......
Sydney
You are right. I got information only from the Atip notes. The file was updated in GCMS on march 17th but neither Mexico nor Vancouver have informed me that the file was transferred.

I will contact my MP and also send a message via the web form. I have always been patient with immigration related stuff, but close to 3 years seems a bit much. I know there is a pandemic but what triggers me is how you process more recent PGP files and older files are left to wait more. And when someone creates buzz and goes to the media then suddenly everything starts moving again.

Sorry I did not update the tracker. To be honest, I will update once this process is finished. Right now it is just adding more salt to the wound.
Thanks for update, this gives me insight to how to go ahead.Wishing you good luck and quick ppr

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
yes you can apply for health card as per the eligibility criteria listed on Apply for OHIP and get a health card | ontario.ca

she would fall under category "applied for PR" and she would need address proof and probably need to meet the residency requirement.

but even then it would be reviewed by a team leader or some senior person and they might give her a temporary health card, and then provide a permanent one as soon as she gets the PR
Thank you so much. I hope it works out.

Reactions: canada4life_pgp2019

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
Hi. In regards to the proof of address, can we use the cover page of the visitor's medical insurance as proof of address for OHIP. This page has the name, date of birth, and Canadian address on it, but it was received in email and not in regular mail. Thanks.

lenalucky

Star Member
Dec 19, 2012
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted o ask for your help here.
I received a PPR in Sepember 2021, however my mom was in Canada at that moment, thus we submitted a web form informing that she is here. Since then there were 6 month of silence and on March 2022 we received second request to submit passport - exactly the same as the first one!
Now I feel totally confused, as I submitted already 3 (three) webforms informing that my mother is in Canada (one in September 2021 right after the first request, another in December 2021 as a follow up, and third one in March 2022 after second request). Could anyone please explain me what might be the reason of that? Maybe I submit wrong webform? Please advise!

Thank you very much in advance!!!

Reactions: serious_cheese

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hi. In regards to the proof of address, can we use the cover page of the visitor's medical insurance as proof of address for OHIP. This page has the name, date of birth, and Canadian address on it, but it was received in email and not in regular mail. Thanks.
you can try ... i had tried the IRCC letter correspondences which had my dads name on it and my canadian address. but that was not accepted. they said drivers license, utility bill or bank account statement would be acceptable.

since then, my dad has done g1 test . waiting to get the drivers license in mail and then will try again

you can try changing one of the utilities to be under your parents' name or open bank account (yes, they will open even for visitor) or get driver license

Reactions: Hamied

Hamied

Feb 20, 2016
you can try ... i had tried the IRCC letter correspondences which had my dads name on it and my canadian address. but that was not accepted. they said drivers license, utility bill or bank account statement would be acceptable.

since then, my dad has done g1 test . waiting to get the drivers license in mail and then will try again

you can try changing one of the utilities to be under your parents' name or open bank account (yes, they will open even for visitor) or get driver license
Thanks for this feedback. I'll check the bank account option as well.

Lionhead

Apr 5, 2022
Good morning members,
I have sponsored my parents who are both living in Senegal, I have received an email to provide what's on the list but I am unclear how they can do and provide their Criminal records / Fingers print to an RCMP office when they don't live in Canada?
I am hoping someone can help me here in regards to point 8 of this request, and why there are 2 Options 8 in the document:

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package. You must submit together:

1 Passport(s) OR photocopy (ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2. Your passport and a passport for each accompanying family member. Please note that you will need your passport to undergo your medical examination and biometrics. Please do not send your passport until you have attended your medical examination and provided biometrics.
2 Two recent photographs of yourself and two recent photographs of each of your accompanying family members. The photos must meet the Photo Specifications. (See attachment). If you do not meet the photo specifications the processing of your application will be delayed. For more information please visit the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
3 The “Updated Information Chart” fully completed for you and your family member (whether accompanying or not). One sheet per family. (See attachment).
4 A medical exam for you and member of your family (if applicable). Forms for medical examinations were sent in separate email. Be sure to check your junk mail (spam) to ensure that the email has not been sent there. You must perform the medical examination within 30 days of the date of this letter or this email if you have received the letter via email. Please note that you will need your passport for your medical exams. To find a doctor in your country, territory or region to carry out your medical examination for immigration purposes, please click on the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/pp-md/liste-md.aspx (select the relevant country or territory). Only designated doctors approved by Immigration, Refugees and Immigration Canada may conduct the review.
5 Form Schedule A-IMM5669 updated for both. You must answer all questions. Pay attention to questions 7-8 and 12 and make sure to give us all your activities and addresses since your 18th birthday and not only for the last 10 years. No period should remain unexplained. The dates and months must follow each other. If you do not mention all periods, the processing of your application will be delayed.The principal applicant, his spouse and /or partner, if applicable, and all children over 18 years old must complete this form (if applicable).
6 Recent original police certificate from Senegal for both. If you do not submit the requested police certificate, the processing of your application will be delayed.
7 The Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) for you and for your spouse. The payment of the RPRF of 490$ must be sent to the CPC-Mississauga for the cost recovery. Your sponsor in Canada must make the payment of the RPRF and must send the original receipt of payment to CPC-Mississauga. You must indicate on the receipt of payment your references (first name, last name, personal ID number, file number). The RPRF of 490$ can’t be paid abroad.
Please send us a copy of the RPRF receipt.
  1. A new requirement has come into force regarding the Biometric program. For full details please see http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/biometrics.asp. You will need to go to one of these offices to undergo biometrics. Biometric fees of 85 $ CAD have to be paid. If you have already paid the biometrics fees, you must present yourself at the VAC office with the original receipt of payment. You can take your biometrics at the following VAC offices in. You will find the coordinates of all the VAC offices on their web site at: http://www.vfsglobal.ca/Canada/index.html. Please note that you will need to present your passport to be able to pass the biometrics. Do not send us the passport until you have completed this requirement.
  1. Criminal records of Canada for both. We had made a request to the RCMP in Canada. However, the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police in Canada) has requested that you submit your fingerprints to the granting of your criminal record in Canada. You must take your fingerprints to a police and sent to the RCMP in Canada or get closer to the RCMP in Canada to get a criminal record in Canada.
    Please find below a link that will enlighten you on the steps to take your fingerprints.
    http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cr-cj/fing-empr2-fra.htm

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

Submitting your passport(s), photos and updated information

Reactions: db5234