+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
W
I will suggest you to send a web form query. Start the query/ message with this sentence in capital ‘MEDICAL EXPIRING IN XX MONTHS’. My parents passed the second medical in Sept 2021 and it is expiring in less then 6 months. Please advise when the application will be moved to the next stage for final approval. I am hoping that they don’t have to go through a third medical examination, kindly let me know if any additional information is required from us to facilitate the processing of the application ………

I will also suggest you to approach your local MP’s office and see ifhe or she could help you.

My in-laws application is in the same situation, second medical passes in Feb 2022 and I am hoping it doesn’t get to the point that we are asked to get another medical examination. Good luck!
we are in the same boat

morinda

Feb 2, 2019
Anyone’s file transferred to IRCC vancouver recently, could you please share your experience? Thank you
My sponsorship approval letter was received on 3rd march 2022 and local Visa office mentioned in the letter was Vancouver.
June14 2019 application date
Biometric letter was received in my cic account on 23rd February 2022 .biometric completed on 1st march 2022
No medical or pcc letter received till date
A line added in my ecas....we started processing principal applicant's file on March 17,2022

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Reactions: serious_cheese

serious_cheese

Aug 29, 2019
As my grandparents medical is set to expire on June 1st, we received an email today confirming if they are able to travel by June 1st. If we confirm, they will send PPR. Otherwise, they will reissue medical request.

Reactions: laxsun

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
As my grandparents medical is set to expire on June 1st, we received an email today confirming if they are able to travel by June 1st. If we confirm, they will send PPR. Otherwise, they will reissue medical request.
That is good news. Spring is a good time to come to Canada and they can enjoy upcoming summer fully.

canada4life_pgp2019

Star Member
Oct 14, 2020
Hello Everyone

I have been a silent visitor and have gained lot of information from here. My mother was also in PGP 2019. This forum has helped me a lot and just wanted to convey my thanks.

Finally today, i got the passport request letter. The following things definately helped.
Application received date
18-Jun-2019
Sponsorship and medical requests in Sep 2021 after doing the below.

i) Feedback form at the below link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

ii) Writing Webform as well as explaining my case to the immigration minister.

iii) Having MP check case status

I did not get any reply, but i got sponshorship and medical in Sep 2021.

Medicals were passed in Dec 2021.

Again, it was stuck for three months till Mar 24th.

I again did the below

i) Feedback form at the below link
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/feedback-retroaction/feedback-retroaction-eng.aspx

ii) Writing Web Query

iii) Having MP check case status

Again, i saw two ghost updates and it was approved, but no letter

I again did the Webform, as to why no letter and i got the passport request today.

Hope it helps to anyone who is waiting.

Also the request is all being done by CPC mississauga and it was not transferred to the Local Visa office. Only medical coordination was done by the Local Visa office in New delhi.
Congratulations. Thanks for sharing! Just curious, What did you mention in the feedback form ?

ksdesai

Mar 29, 2022
My sponsorship approval letter was received on 3rd march 2022 and local Visa office mentioned in the letter was Vancouver.
June14 2019 application date
Biometric letter was received in my cic account on 23rd February 2022 .biometric completed on 1st march 2022
No medical or pcc letter received till date
A line added in my ecas....we started processing principal applicant's file on March 17,2022
After this ( i mean we started processing file), i got a Decision Made in a week's time. Watch out for Ghost Updates in IRCC Secure accoount

amity21

Oct 9, 2019
My parents got a prearrival letter in Dec and then again in Feb. They have changed their address to Canadian address since they are here now but we still have had no contact to confirm that the address is changed or how to proceed with virtual landing. Is there anything we can do? CPC Mississauga. Citizen India

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
My parents got a prearrival letter in Dec and then again in Feb. They have changed their address to Canadian address since they are here now but we still have had no contact to confirm that the address is changed or how to proceed with virtual landing. Is there anything we can do? CPC Mississauga. Citizen India
What were the dates of pre-arrival letter.
Check and confirm the address has been changed in the ecas.

Preeti C

Mar 21, 2022
I will suggest you to send a web form query. Start the query/ message with this sentence in capital ‘MEDICAL EXPIRING IN XX MONTHS’. My parents passed the second medical in Sept 2021 and it is expiring in less then 6 months. Please advise when the application will be moved to the next stage for final approval. I am hoping that they don’t have to go through a third medical examination, kindly let me know if any additional information is required from us to facilitate the processing of the application ………

I will also suggest you to approach your local MP’s office and see ifhe or she could help you.

My in-laws application is in the same situation, second medical passes in Feb 2022 and I am hoping it doesn’t get to the point that we are asked to get another medical examination. Good luck!
Thanks for the suggestion. I have submitted a webform yesterday as you had mentioned in your comment. Hope this will work. Fingers crossed..