+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
The whole process seems very random, we have people from May 27th receiving ecas whereas some are waiting from end of April or 1st week of May. You can also see additional documents being requested when no ecas is available, which means a CO is reviewing the application. So far doesn't validate the FIFO

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
What is the difference between AOR status (Acknowledgement of Receipt) and "Application Received" on ECAS?
Question: What does ‘AOR’ mean?

Answer: AOR is an acronym that stands for the term “Acknowledgment Of Receipt”. An AOR indicates that the Canadian consulate, embassy, or high commission, has received your application for permanent residency and has issued a case file number for the application submitted. The length of time it takes for an individual to receive an AOR varies with the specific visa processing office the application was initially submitted to.

As per CIC.GC.CA

check this:http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=022&top=4

What happens after I send in my application?
If you’re applying for permanent residence or to sponsor a family member
  • review your application to make sure it’s complete
  • once you pay the biometric fee, send you or your family member a letter that tells you how to give your biometrics (if applicable)
  • receive and review your or your family member’s biometrics after you have given them at a collection point
  • decide if you’re eligible to sponsor
  • decide if you’re eligible to apply to become a permanent resident of Canada
  • tell you when we start processing your application,
  • tell you how to get a medical exam, if you didn’t get one before sending in your application
  • do a security screening to make sure all applicants don’t pose a risk to the safety and security of Canadians
  • decide if you need to go to an interview
  • tell you of the decision we make on your application

some applicant got AoR some waiting for it. but successfully linked to myCIC with File number Start with F.

Last edited:
Reactions: robreeves

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
If you didn’t send yet , please do it ASAP, not only ask this question, if Canada post delay the mail, you are done.
Yes, thanks for the concern, but I am row 71 in tracker. I was wondering if there is anyone who is gong to send today...Cuz I would like to salute them...

Canada_Super

Star Member
Jan 24, 2015
Hello Guys,

I am looking for suggestions here.
My application was received by CIC on 2nd May, as per Canada Post tracker. However, I see no updates in ecas.
I called the CIC call centre, and they say that my application is "not in system", and that my envelope may not have been opened.

Somehow I am not convinced with their answer, especially when I see the tracker sheet of this forum.

What should be my next step ? Would appreciate some advice.
Well , if i was in your place i would call again the call centre and if the same reply then , to be on safe side send again the whole application .

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
guys, i just got an email asking for updating document IMM 5669 - because I was typing my mom's name as signature instead of signing by hand (form asked for electric signature)
So one question, now I still typing my mom's name on computer and then print it out, and then let my mom sign it OR just print it out and sign by hand only?

Btw, my mom did not have UIC but, now this application has application number starting with XF...so Do I need to fill this number in the top of the form IMM 5669 (where the application number place) when I re-submit it?

Thank you
i did both...print name and sign by hand.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well that is what I hope for. I got all the documents as far my knowledge. I called CIC today and they cant find any file reference number based on my receipt so he is like it is probably not yet opened so what does this signify? his age gets locked regardless if they open or not as long as the package is complete right?
his aged locked when they receive your application regardless when they open it.

abb12

Jun 26, 2019
Call IRCC again ASAP, different people may give different answers. Provide them as much information as you can, such as UCI, payment receipt number, or even post tracking number. At least you need to make sure they have received your file, then you don't have to send the whole package again as the deadline is 2 days away.
Thank You. I just called CIC again, and was able to get temporary file number.

DC1018

Feb 18, 2017
Any idea why IRCC asked for the PA's police certificate so soon?
I thought IRCC would ask for it after SA, when the file is transferred to LVO.
No idea, I was hoping seniors and experts can shed some light. Yes, I agree, it should've been LVO requests it at a later stage based on previous years. If I have to take an educated guess, it's for applicants who're already in Canada? They want to get the requested docs upfront for smoother processing later on? On the other hand, I assume sponsorship portion should be safe otherwise they won't move forward to applicant's docs.

@JamesYoyo I'm on the same boat with you except I don't need a resume. Just to give a friendly reminder that you do not need to provide a PCC for Canada, only for countries that are not Canada. It says on IRCC website and I also verified this with a call centre agent. A couple of other friends who applied before also advised the same. You're more than welcomed to double check yourself and let me know otherwise.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017
Hi All,

I am new to this forum and wanted to know if everyone who was able to add their application to their GC Key account is seeing the same details or this is based on case to case.

is this standard or differs case to case

Details about your application status
When we get your application, there are a series of steps it may go through before we make a decision. Use the following table to find out the current status of each application step.

Review of eligibilityHelp - Review of eligibility

• Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.
Review of medical resultsHelp - Review of medical results
  • You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.
Review of additional documentsHelp - Review of additional documents
  • We do not need additional documents.
InterviewHelp - Interview
  • You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.
BiometricsHelp - Biometrics
  • We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.
Background checkHelp - Background check
  • Not applicable.
Final decisionHelp - Final decision
  • Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Today finally I was able to link my application, everything the same except

Background checkHelp - Background check
  • We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Reactions: robertp

robreeves

Jun 24, 2014
Question: What does ‘AOR’ mean?

Answer: AOR is an acronym that stands for the term “Acknowledgment Of Receipt”. An AOR indicates that the Canadian consulate, embassy, or high commission, has received your application for permanent residency and has issued a case file number for the application submitted. The length of time it takes for an individual to receive an AOR varies with the specific visa processing office the application was initially submitted to.

As per CIC.GC.CA

check this:If you’re applying for permanent residence or to sponsor a family member
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=022&top=4

some applicant got AoR some waiting for it. but successfully linked to myCIC with File number Start with F.
Thank you for that, so technically are they the same thing?