+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I sent Police certificate with my application, so I don't know whether it is for everybody, or only for applicants with police certificate.
I did not sent PCC with applcation :

as per MyCIC

Review of eligibility

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.

manpreetdhindsa15

Star Member
Oct 28, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-07-2015 for OOPNP
Nomination.....
15-10-2015
AOR Received.
26-12-2015
Med's Done....
29-12-2015
Passport Req..
02-03-2016
VISA ISSUED...
03-03-2016
@YULIA-2016
Please add my entry. Thank you.

PGP-2019
Sponsored people : 1
Parents Country of Citizenship : India
Prov. : ON
Invition Received Date : Apr 24, 2019
Application Received by CIC: June 03, 2019
No email of AOR

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
I did not sent PCC with applcation :

as per MyCIC

Review of eligibility

Your application is in progress. We will send you a message when we start reviewing your eligibility.

Review of medical results
You do not need a medical exam. We will send you a message if this changes.

Review of additional documents
We do not need additional documents.

Interview
You do not need an interview. We will send you a message if this changes.

Biometrics
We do not need your fingerprints. We will send you a message if this changes.

Background check
We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information.

Final decision
Your application is in progress. We will send you a message once the final decision has been made.
Is the Principal applicant for both you and @newandold still working in Govt Job back home?

nonamejustfame

May 10, 2019
Any expert who knows why for some Background check is "Not Applicable" in MyCIC while for others its "in progress" ? Or does that mean those who has in progress under background check section has advanced one step in processing the app?

Yiming59

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Hello Guys,

I am looking for suggestions here.
My application was received by CIC on 2nd May, as per Canada Post tracker. However, I see no updates in ecas.
I called the CIC call centre, and they say that my application is "not in system", and that my envelope may not have been opened.

Somehow I am not convinced with their answer, especially when I see the tracker sheet of this forum.

What should be my next step ? Would appreciate some advice.
Don't forget to add yourself to the excel tracker :)

Godzilla9

Sep 22, 2012
@YULIA-2016 appreciate your adding my timeline to the spreadsheet too. Thanks

PGP-2019
Sponsored people : Mom
Parents Country of Citizenship : Azerbaijan
Prov. : AB
Invitation Received Date : Apr 24, 2019
Application Received by CIC: May 6, 2019
Ecas status: Application received on May 6, 2019

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
my parent is retired and no any governmental job for her, nothing for me too
What is his/her doing back home is irrelevant here and CIC have no away to do a background check on them.

This background check is for the sponsor and will do a police background check for any criminal issues. They might possibly also verify CRA information at this stage.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
I see here people can see their status online and were able to link their applications to their portal login.
i tried doing the same. for lookup, entered all the passport/name/birth date/birth place/etc. that they ask for.

but it keeps saying cannot be found.

my packages reached june 3 and june 13 - i am guessing thats why its not opened yet? or is there anything i am missing?
any other way to look things up?
Check the info in my signature.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
What is his/her doing back home is irrelevant here and CIC have no away to do a background check on them.

This background check is for the sponsor and will do a police background check for any criminal issues. They might possibly also verify CRA information at this stage.
under MyCIC account information is for PA - we are linking PR application, Not sponsor application.
all info is for PA and Dep.

newandold

Jan 30, 2017

I assume that background check is must for all permanent resident applications and there is nothing to worry