+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

alpachinko

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
DM and Hyperthyroidism is NOT on the list of inadmissable conditions.

They are looking for conditions that take up a lot more resources. Eg Renal failure on dialysis.

Rare conditions that require drugs that cost a bomb.

Multiple sclerosis. Cancer that has not been treated and not in remission.

Stuff like that. So your mom is fine. Don't worry.
Thanks for the answer, btw where is the list of inadmissable illness ?

Ronnie.Ratra

May 13, 2019
I have a questions regarding the "Sponsor Eligibility Assessment” section on the “Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking” Form (IMM 1344). - GRANDPARENT

- This section of the form states: “If you answer ‘No’ to any questions from 1 to 4, you are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should NOT submit your application.”

Question 4: “Do you reside in Canada and in no other country?” Under this question it does say “If you answered “NO”, but are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you may still be eligible to be a sponsor.”

MY QUESTION
I am planning to sponsor my grandmother to CANADA.
1. I wanted to confirm / clarify; if I am able to sponsor her ?
2. And if I can sponsor her; are there any evidence / documents I need to attach along the package that I plan to send ?

a) I am a Canadian citizen; and I only work in United States (on a temporary basis- TN Visa).
b) I have been in Canada since a decade (completed eduction, etc) and live with my parents (parents own a house).
c) And file my CANADIAN TAXES to the CRA every single year (from the income I earn in the US)
d) I plan to move back to CANADA upon immigration of my grandmother
e) my entire family lives in Toronto (we all live together).

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.
Waiting in anticipation.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I have a questions regarding the "Sponsor Eligibility Assessment” section on the “Application to Sponsor, Sponsorship Agreement and Undertaking” Form (IMM 1344). - GRANDPARENT

- This section of the form states: “If you answer ‘No’ to any questions from 1 to 4, you are not eligible to be a sponsor. You should NOT submit your application.”
Question 4:
“Do you reside in Canada and in no other country?” Under this question it does say “If you answered “NO”, but are a Canadian citizen living exclusively outside Canada, you may still be eligible to be a sponsor.”

MY QUESTION
I am planning to sponsor my grandmother to CANADA.
1. I wanted to confirm / clarify; if I am able to sponsor her ?
2. And if I can sponsor her; are there any evidence / documents I need to attach along the package that I plan to send ?

a) I am a Canadian citizen; and I only work in United States (on a temporary basis- TN Visa).
b) I have been in Canada since a decade (completed eduction, etc) and live with my parents (parents own a house).
c) And file my CANADIAN TAXES to the CRA every single year (from the income I earn in the US)
d) I plan to move back to CANADA upon immigration of my grandmother
e) my entire family lives in Toronto (we all live together).

Any assistance on this would be greatly appreciated.
Waiting in anticipation.
You’re not going to be able to sponsor her. You don’t live in Canada and you both work and earn US dollars. Why are you paying Canadian taxes?

account9523

May 28, 2019
I noticed a strange thing about the barcodes (IMM1344). After validating, when I save the file, the barcodes change. I tried it both on a mac and windows. I know Adobe Reader has been very flaky with the barcodes support (I had to downgrade on the mac to Reader X in order for the barcodes to work). I wish there was a way to verify that the reader is encoding the right things in the barcodes...

account9523

May 28, 2019
Sorry for posting the 4th message in the row.
IMM5768 seems to be also updated: 06/2019. I'm re-doing this one as well. However, looks like they broke the form! I cannot enter anything in the field for question 7 (total number of persons). Is anyone experiencing the same issue?

vg2010

Jun 6, 2019
Following everyone's advice, I am correcting the form with the mistake, and also updating some of the forms to the new versions (1344, 0008, 5406) and having my parents mail them again (hopefully they will arrive on time). Therefore I will have some forms with June date, some with May date - will this negatively affect anything? Should I resend them (and redo them) all?

John117

Dec 18, 2016
Anyone can see eCAS and can link account but do not received an AOR email?
Yes, I can see eCAS status as 'Application Received' and already linked my application in my CIC account.
But I didn't get the AOR yet.
I called CIC yesterday & asked from the customer agent why there's no AOR yet and got the response. She replied that if I can already link the account and if my application number starting with 'F' instead of 'X' (starting with X means temporary application number), then it means the application is in progress status. So after linking the application, it is not 100% sure that they will send the AOR. So no need to worry..

huzcan

May 6, 2013
Yes, I can see eCAS status as 'Application Received' and already linked my application in my CIC account.
But I didn't get the AOR yet.
I called CIC yesterday & asked from the customer agent why there's no AOR yet and got the response. She replied that if I can already link the account and if my application number starting with 'F' instead of 'X' (starting with X means temporary application number), then it means the application is in progress status. So after linking the application, it is not 100% sure that they will send the AOR. So no need to worry..
When was your application received by cic?