+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hello guys, I have a question.

I got married in July 2016, and I'd like to sponsor my parents. My spouse is co-signer. How do they calculate my income in 2016? myself or both?

Because in the IMM5768 last section, ot asks me the past three year income and family size, exact to date. In 2016, I break it down to two lines, family size 3 and 4.

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Does anyone have the same situation with me? please help

I got married in July 2016, and I'd like to sponsor my parents. My spouse is co-signer. How do they calculate my income in 2016? myself or both?

Because in the IMM5768 last section, ot asks me the past three year income and family size, exact to date. In 2016, I break it down to two lines, family size 3 and 4.

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hello guys, another question.

Just want to confirm that the forms having barcode are Imm0008,1344.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Family size would be 4 if you got married in 2016 and both your parents are alive.

Reactions: hallieliu

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019

For LICO its an annual calculation, if things change in that year, will reflect that for that whole yr

Reactions: hallieliu

lynne197910

Star Member
May 3, 2019
Is something wrong with Form # 1344 ...have to validate every time and giving error (co-signer contact information) whenever I am opening it...there is number at the bottom right of it which changes every time (even when i am giving printing command)
That is right, the form has some problem, according to what agent says, just choose “other” in co signer contact info. Then type country code as 1 , after that you can type your phone number normally. It will be fine .The form 1344 will change the barcode and the number at right bottom of the form every time you print or edit .

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Hi seniors, please guide. I am trying to link paper application online. I tried with uci number/ place of birth information. I always get message no applications found though my ecas is showing application received. Please guide.
Place of birth did not work for me so I used principal applicant passport details. And make sure you count yourself co-signer and both parent in number of applicant. Do not count kids. If still unable to link then probably permanent application is not assigned

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
Hi, What number should I use in family size while linking the application? I am sponsoring my mother, father is deceased, the spouse is co-signer and we have 2 dependent kids.
It will be 3. And i was unable to link with place of birth so I used principal applicant passport details

hmalc

Feb 8, 2015
Hi everyone I sent my application off May 15 and haven't heard anything yet.

My big issue now is that I was recently offered an incredible job in the USA (last week). It's not going to be long term (maybe 1 year) and I am still maintaining my residence in Canada, and my wife and daughter will still live here, and when my parents finally cleared to receive their PR I will move back. I will maintain my Canadian LICO earnings as my wife is a co-sponsor and I've already hit the 2019 LICO cutoff for my family size.

Does anyone think there will be any issues with the visa if I choose to accept this job?

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi everyone I sent my application off May 15 and haven't heard anything yet.

My big issue now is that I was recently offered an incredible job in the USA (last week). It's not going to be long term (maybe 1 year) and I am still maintaining my residence in Canada, and my wife and daughter will still live here, and when my parents finally cleared to receive their PR I will move back. I will maintain my Canadian LICO earnings as my wife is a co-sponsor and I've already hit the 2019 LICO cutoff for my family size.

Does anyone think there will be any issues with the visa if I choose to accept this job?
Canada now share exit entry database with the US and can catch case like this. You cannot maintain residency in 2 countries and immediately after you started working in the US your parents application will be deemed ineligible and will be denied

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Family size would be 4 if you got married in 2016 and both your parents are alive.
Thanks for reply, but the form asks me to fill in from yyyy-mm-dd to yyyy-mm-dd. It has to be exactly to date. For example, my marriage date is July 1, 2016.

Then, I will write.
From To Occupation Gross income Family size
2016-01-01- 2016-07-01 xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx 3
2016-07-01 2016-12-31 xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx 4

Is that right?

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
For LICO its an annual calculation, if things change in that year, will reflect that for that whole yr
Thanks for reply. However, I still need to write 2 lines of 2016's income to indicate the different family size, right?

Like this,

From To Occupation Gross income Family size
2016-01-01 2016-07-01 xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx 3
2016-07-01 2016-12-31 xxxxxxx xxxxxxxx 4