+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi I am doing separate applications for my parents and grandparents. I have question for IMM5768. Since i am doing two separate application, i will have to do two separate IMM5768 but I am submitting both application at the same time.

Q.3 B) ii) - Number of persons included in previous undertaking you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect. (person who have not yet become permanent resident)

Option -1 When i am submitting this form for my parents, do i need to include my grandmother in this and vice versa when i submit this form for my grandmother, do i need to show my parents in this?

Option-2 I submit my parents application first and do not include anyone under Q.3 B) ii) and one week later I submit my grandparents application and mention my parents under Q.3 B) ii).

I am hoping to get some clarity.
Yes must include both grandmother and parents in future undertaking. So add 3 people to both parents and grandmother application.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Was under the impression that we knew it was FIFO so if you were one of the first 2000 to submit their EOI they will slowly start processing cases. Think people will slowly get messages about medicals throughout July and August. There won’t be any communication indicating that your file is selected. There is also the likelihood of other lawsuits so process could be paused which is exactly what they tried to avoid with the secret settlement.
They will for sure not able to process all 27K this year but it will be processed next year. Every year they have a target immigration level and if you look at this year it is only 20K including 2018 2nd round people, so there is no chance that they can process all 27K this year because that will mean 54K more or less people where as the quota for this year is only 20K.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
They will for sure not able to process all 27K this year but it will be processed next year. Every year they have a target immigration level and if you look at this year it is only 20K including 2018 2nd round people, so there is no chance that they can process all 27K this year because that will mean 54K more or less people where as the quota for this year is only 20K.
Believe it is 20K applications not people. Technically every person could invite parents and grandparents plus they could be divorced and remarried. Could easily be much larger number. Luckily don’t think there are a ton of grandparents or a ton of divorce of that would be a ton of people. I don’t think 20K was referencing the amount of applications they will process during 2019 it is the number of applications from the PGP 2019 applications that will eventually be processed whether they are completed in 2019, 2020 or 2021.

goa123

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Do they have a power of attorney? Otherwise a thumbprint maybe. Not sure how someone is going to travel to Canada or pass a medical if they can’t hold a pen and sign.
I am taking my chance to apply for this program, I know that if dependant will fail medicals principal applicant will not be approved.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
LOL, they absolutely not, they program the system to send the email a few days after, that's why some people see a change in status and then get the email the following day or a week later. It's called email scheduling, not very fancy.
you crashed my world :p

achin091

Apr 9, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Do you have any idea when will we receive bio-metrics request (rough idea) ? I am just asking because I have to get my parents passport reissued, so want to have new passports ready once we receive bio-metrics request.

Thanks

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
So sorry for your loss. I'd include a letter of explanation and the death certificate with the application package or via CSE if you've already mailed the application.
Hey Sorry for your loss. My dad passed away last month as well. However I just realized he was the primary applicant and my mom was dependent. I am attaching the letter of explanation with death certificate etc. Will she be refused cause she was a dependent considering my one sibling lives in Europe and she cant go to him due to their PR laws but can visit him as for my other sibling shes married and lives separately with her family. Any inputs would be appreciated!! Thanks

achin091

Apr 9, 2017
Hi Everyone,
Do you have any idea when will we receive bio-metrics request (rough idea) ? I am just asking because I have to get my parents passport reissued, so want to have new passports ready once we receive bio-metrics request.

Thanks

HKIMM

Star Member
Apr 30, 2019
I was making ready my application for dispatch to CIC tomorrow, but on final review and on cross checking, I found that new version of Form IMM 5406 (June 2019) is now available. In the new form under section A, one more row is added "Parent" below the rows of "Father" & "Mother". Now my question is what information to be provided in the row "Parent".

neha17

Star Member
May 14, 2019
Hey guys, quick question. I am stuck on financial evaluation form and need some clarity. Under my employment history I had some part times along the way in the past 3 years (I am meeting criteria), my question is do I mention a job where I only worked a month? I am not able to put them down one after the other. For eg, in 2018 I worked one job for only a month say from Jan 18, 2018-Feb 15, 2018 and got a new job (which will end up being my full time)from 21 feb, 2018- 31 dec, 2018 and my third job (was in continuation from 2017) is from Jan 1, 2018- Oct 22, 2018. So I am confused coz my 1st and 2nd job has a gap of like 5 days even though I was never unemployed and had my 3rd job in the meanwhile. I will really be thankful if anyone can help me provide their insight for this.

dnar

May 27, 2019
Hi all. I have a question about Form IMM 0008. I just received the filled out form from my parents and on the left-hand side, bottom corner it reads (02-2019). I just went online to check the form and it now reads (06-2019). Do they need to redo the form?

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hey guys, quick question. I am stuck on financial evaluation form and need some clarity. Under my employment history I had some part times along the way in the past 3 years (I am meeting criteria), my question is do I mention a job where I only worked a month? I am not able to put them down one after the other. For eg, in 2018 I worked one job for only a month say from Jan 18, 2018-Feb 15, 2018 and got a new job (which will end up being my full time)from 21 feb, 2018- 31 dec, 2018 and my third job (was in continuation from 2017) is from Jan 1, 2018- Oct 22, 2018. So I am confused coz my 1st and 2nd job has a gap of like 5 days even though I was never unemployed and had my 3rd job in the meanwhile. I will really be thankful if anyone can help me provide their insight for this.
Just list the various jobs you worked and the periods that you worked in those jobs.

AAA company Jan 1 to Oct 22 2018
ABC company Jan 18 to Feb 15 2018
XYZ company 21 Feb to 31 Dec 2018