+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Mandriva

Jun 19, 2014
Hi. My application was received in Ottawa today. @YULIA-2016 could you please add my record to the spreadsheet?
Username: Mandriva
Sponsored people: parents
Parents country of citizenship: Russia
Province: ON
Invitation received date: April 25, 2019
Application received in Ottawa: June 3, 2019
Notes: I sent 02 2019 forms, not 06 2019 forms. Forms were signed by parents on May 18th and by myself on May 23, 2019.

sbakhour

Star Member
Apr 19, 2014
Hello All, I sumbitted the application to sponsor my mom few weeks ago and I didn’t receive any confirmation or AOR yet. Any advice ?

Cabeda

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
Hello friend, thanks for asking, no I haven't gotten AOR, but the application finally appeared on ECAS on Thursday and I was able to link first try, there's an application number starting with F on Gckey, maybe AOR is coming this week, who knows
How about you ?
My package was received 13 of May, so I'm assuming that in the next 2 weeks I might have some news on the ECAS/AOR side (given that people up to 30 of april are see their files ), but for the moment, nothing yet !
The good news is that I just talked to an agent and he confirmed that my package was properly received by Ottawa :) so Now I'm good to go... I don't actually want my process to go too fast (my parents still need 1, 2 years before retirement ) so I'm chill about it :) But happy to see things moving !

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
My package was received 13 of May, so I'm assuming that in the next 2 weeks I might have some news on the ECAS/AOR side (given that people up to 30 of april are see their files ), but for the moment, nothing yet !
The good news is that I just talked to an agent and he confirmed that my package was properly received by Ottawa :) so Now I'm good to go... I don't actually want my process to go too fast (my parents still need 1, 2 years before retirement ) so I'm chill about it :) But happy to see things moving !
Similar situation, no crazy rush at my end either; my father is running a decent consultancy practice back home. While my parents have decided to retire in Canada, they are in no immediate rush.

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I personally don't think it is compulsory to write in native language... but... since they have asked specifically and if you can write in native language, you should do...
When I sponsored my wife years ago, we didn't write in native language. However my parents (when applying for Visas) did so. Hence we decided to fill in native language.

Reactions: HKIMM