+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Please don't scare others by this misunderstanding. CIC always wants your complete application therefore it not understandable if they PUSH first come first served for sending applications, remember on invitation letter they mentioned must receive on or by June 28, 2019, if they accepted only 20k complete applications arrived first, they will clearly mention it.
You got the invitation means you got your spot. your spot will be transferring to someone else ONLY your application is not eligible. Eventually, the application is incomplete. they may ask for additional docs instead cut your spot
Think you misinterpreted what they are saying. 27000 people got accepted by EOI and everyone seems to have been given an invitation. CIC said they will only be processing 20000. Seems as though they will process applications from the first 20000 EOI and process the other 7000 as applications don’t qualify.

danny_scars

Aug 1, 2017
BC
Honestly i don't understand why you are trying to push me to admit that there is a bad faith, please leave the judgment beside... There is an immigration office and their mission is to process and to analyze the received requests, each application is unique....

I haven't heard before that changing a province is a crime,people are free to move and it's guaranted by the Canadian chart of right and freedom.
to answer your question : NO i didn't decide to move because of sponsorship , i have received an interesting job proposition and i have accepted it, i have even give up previously in the sponsorship but right now, i see that i i may qualify
canuck78 isnt judging you, just bringing up the fact that u applied for something u were not eligible to in the first place. U are feeling judged/bad because deep down u know what u did is wrong. U took a spot from someone knowing u were not eligible to apply. All the requirements were listed right on the form that we filled out in January.

Reactions: Darjeeling_Man

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Think you misinterpreted what they are saying. 27000 people got accepted by EOI and everyone seems to have been given an invitation. CIC said they will only be processing 20000. Seems as though they will process applications from the first 20000 EOI and process the other 7000 as applications don’t qualify.
"IRCC has previously announced that it had a target of 20.000 applications for parents sponsorship 2019 program. However, the number of invitations might increase depending on meeting the goal" they assumed a number of ineligible applications. after that, they will accept eventually it over 20.000 complete applications. 20100 e.g.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
"IRCC has previously announced that it had a target of 20.000 applications for parents sponsorship 2019 program. However, the number of invitations might increase depending on meeting the goal" they assumed a number of ineligible applications. after that, they will accept eventually it over 20.000 complete applications. 20100 e.g.
No idea what you are trying to point out. They invited 27000 knowing that many people won’t qualify. You are missing part of the statement when they said the extra 7000 will either get processed this year or get priority next year.

darkproc

May 30, 2019
Quebec government requires one year revenue of a Canadian source ( not necessary in Quebec).
When i applied in Ontario, i was not aware about the 3 years requirements !
In the Expression of Interest form that everyone submitted on Jan 28, there was a question that was clearly asking if you meet income requirement for 3 years. you answered without reading the questions? isn't that a little dishonest and selfish?

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
No idea what you are trying to point out. They invited 27000 knowing that many people won’t qualify. You are missing part of the statement when they said the extra 7000 will either get processed this year or get priority next year.
my point is someone saying they send 27.000 invitations, applicants have to send complete applications asap if not you will lose your invited spot. this does not make sense. if they received the application on June 28, 2019 (deadline), and the application is complete and eligible. it fine

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Hello guys,
I got the invitation letter to sponsor my parents labelled with my address in Ontario. however I'm currently moving to live Quebec ( professional reason).
I'm wondering if i can apply under my address in Quebec ( and to add an explanation letter). In fact the rules are different between quebec and all the other provinces :

+ Quebec requires only 1 year income Vs 3 years for other provinces.
- Processing time for Quebec is longer as approval is required from the government of Quebec in the top of the federal prcessing
I don't think you are eligible, because they are taking into consideration your income in the last 3 years (rest of Canada) and last year (Quebec). You just got this job in Quebec so you haven't received any income in Quebec in 2018, therefore, the income to evaluate will be the one for 2018, 2017 and 2016 in the rest of Canada
You are wrong in thinking that processing time is longer when going through Quebec, it doesn't have any effect on the total time, as the matter of fact, MIDI has a better standard of service than IRCC, as they commit to giving you the CSQ in 25 days, I don't see this level of precision from IRCC. Side note: My wife got her CSQ in 19 days
The delay in processing time will mainly come from the local visa office, if they are backlogged and short-staffed, it will take more time than usual, besides you knew before applying that this is a process that takes up to 24 months. Don't take into consideration the few cases that are completed in 6 months, they are the exception not the norm

Last edited:

crown.parth

Aug 19, 2014
I am in the same boat. My understanding is that you are correct. 2 separate applications: one for parents and one for your grandmother.
As with the envelope, I am planning to submit two different envelopes and include the same invitation letter in both of them. Also explaining in the explanation letter that this application is only part one of the two.

My main reason for sending two envelopes is the following sentence from the application guide (step 4 submit application):

"We don’t accept multiple applications in one package"

I have also called a CIC agent and she had NOOOOO clue about this. So I had to read the guide to her and point her to different places. Then she agreed with me :p
Hi I am doing separate applications for my parents and grandparents. I have question for IMM5768. Since i am doing two separate application, i will have to do two separate IMM5768 but I am submitting both application at the same time.

Q.3 B) ii) - Number of persons included in previous undertaking you signed as a sponsor and that are not yet in effect. (person who have not yet become permanent resident)

Option -1 When i am submitting this form for my parents, do i need to include my grandmother in this and vice versa when i submit this form for my grandmother, do i need to show my parents in this?

Option-2 I submit my parents application first and do not include anyone under Q.3 B) ii) and one week later I submit my grandparents application and mention my parents under Q.3 B) ii).

I am hoping to get some clarity.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
my point is someone saying they send 27.000 invitations, applicants have to send complete applications asap if not you will lose your invited spot. this does not make sense. if they received the application on June 28, 2019 (deadline), and the application is complete and eligible. it fine
don't worry about this, they invited 27K knowing fully well that a lot of people that filled the EOI are not even admissible. If you want an example, just go through this forum and you will see what I mean ("oh i didn't know i had to fulfill the requirements for 3 years", family size miscalculated to fulfill the income requirements, some people have even talked about divorcing their parents, etc)
Remember when they reopened this program in 2017, it had 10.000 spots and only 3000 of the applications they got were admissible, that's why they made a 2nd round and the same thing happened in 2018.

diegosolano

Jul 24, 2018
Montreal
Category........
FAM
My timeline....
Invitation received: april 24 2019
Application sent: may 24 2019
Application received: may 27 2019

I havent received any email response and no ecas. Anyone knows how long did it take for people to receive the email about application received and when did they get application/file number??
people up until April 30th have seen their applications, yours only got there, relax and enjoy the weather.

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
don't worry about this, they invited 27K knowing fully well that a lot of people that filled the EOI are not even admissible. If you want an example, just go through this forum and you will see what I mean ("oh i didn't know i had to fulfill the requirements for 3 years", family size miscalculated to fulfill the income requirements, some people have even talked about divorcing their parents, etc)
Remember when they reopened this program in 2017, it had 10.000 spots and only 3000 of the applications they got were admissible, that's why they made a 2nd round and the same thing happened in 2018.
thanks, I want to verify this for applicants who are preparing applications. I want to warn them that don't be rush by misunderstandings information. as long as you are eligible and completed application. you are fine if your application received by June 28,2019.

seehat_inder

Jul 12, 2013
Just received a request for travel history of both parents, a copy of birth certificate of my younger brother with certified english translation. ECAS shown as Application received
Another question,
Did you not fill out the travel history in the form "IMM5669 - Schedule A - Background" Question about address and personal history?

I understand form did not have question specifically to travel but these two "address and personal history" would cover where they lived?

thanks...