+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
you are right...no one knows the reality.. its all speculation... but I feel if you paying the application fee and has all the application required documents with full eligibility then your application is in the system for the process
This
Oh no I didnt know they will take only first 20,000 they receive. I was under impression that I have secured my spot if I got invited. They will get my application next week that means I am going to get late anyways.
The original press release said that whoever didn’t get sponsored out of the 27000 would get priority for 2020.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Oh no I didnt know they will take only first 20,000 they receive. I was under impression that I have secured my spot if I got invited. They will get my application next week that means I am going to get late anyways.
don't worry at least 7k will be illegible cause of low income :rolleyes:

goa123

Star Member
Feb 18, 2013
Hi All
If one off dependant s is not able to sign on forms because off his disability what are my options ?

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hello guys,
I got the invitation letter to sponsor my parents labelled with my address in Ontario. however I'm currently moving to live Quebec ( professional reason).
I'm wondering if i can apply under my address in Quebec ( and to add an explanation letter). In fact the rules are different between quebec and all the other provinces :

+ Quebec requires only 1 year income Vs 3 years for other provinces.
- Processing time for Quebec is longer as approval is required from the government of Quebec in the top of the federal prcessing

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello guys,
I got the invitation letter to sponsor my parents labelled with my address in Ontario. however I'm currently moving to live Quebec ( professional reason).
I'm wondering if i can apply under my address in Quebec ( and to add an explanation letter). In fact the rules are different between quebec and all the other provinces :

+ Quebec requires only 1 year income Vs 3 years for other provinces.
- Processing time for Quebec is longer as approval is required from the government of Quebec in the top of the federal prcessing
Do you qualify under the 3 year LICO?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
i have 2 years LICO however Quebec requires only 1.
I got a job offer in Quebec so i'm moving there
Yes but you have never filed Quebec taxes and you were approved under your Ontario address so you wouldn’t qualify for the Quebec program. If you had moved last year that would have been different. Why did you apply for EOI in Ontario knowing you didn’t meet the requirement?

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Yes but you have never filed Quebec taxes and you were approved under your Ontario address so you wouldn’t qualify for the Quebec program. If you had moved last year that would have been different. Why did you apply for EOI in Ontario knowing you didn’t meet the requirement?
Quebec government requires one year revenue of a Canadian source ( not necessary in Quebec).
When i applied in Ontario, i was not aware about the 3 years requirements !

hans1986

Star Member
Jun 6, 2013
My timeline....
Invitation received: april 24 2019
Application sent: may 24 2019
Application received: may 27 2019

I havent received any email response and no ecas. Anyone knows how long did it take for people to receive the email about application received and when did they get application/file number??

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Quebec government requires one year revenue of a Canadian source ( not necessary in Quebec).
When i applied in Ontario, i was not aware about the 3 years requirements !
Yes but you haven’t been living in Quebec you have been living in Ontario. When looking at your 2018 tax receipts they are from Ontario not Quebec. How did you not look up the 3 year income requirement when deciding to apply in Ontario? You have to sign that you meet the LICO. Your information on the EOI is from Ontario. The 1 year are for people who have been Quebec residents. Did you move after you realized you didn’t qualify in Ontario?

mbv747

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019
Yes but you haven’t been living in Quebec you have been living in Ontario. When looking at your 2018 tax receipts they are from Ontario not Quebec. How did you not look up the 3 year income requirement when deciding to apply in Ontario? You have to sign that you meet the LICO. Your information on the EOI is from Ontario. The 1 year are for people who have been Quebec residents. Did you move after you realized you didn’t qualify in Ontario?
Honestly i don't understand why you are trying to push me to admit that there is a bad faith, please leave the judgment beside... There is an immigration office and their mission is to process and to analyze the received requests, each application is unique....

I haven't heard before that changing a province is a crime,people are free to move and it's guaranted by the Canadian chart of right and freedom.
to answer your question : NO i didn't decide to move because of sponsorship , i have received an interesting job proposition and i have accepted it, i have even give up previously in the sponsorship but right now, i see that i i may qualify

Smileforu

Jan 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 2010
Doc's Request.
April 2010
File Transfer...
April 2010 ! March 2012 6-12 months wait letter
Honestly i don't understand why you are trying to push me to admit that there is a bad faith, please leave the judgment beside... There is an immigration office and their mission is to process and to analyze the received requests, each application is unique....

I haven't heard before that changing a province is a crime,people are free to move and it's guaranted by the Canadian chart of right and freedom.
to answer your question : NO i didn't decide to move because of sponsorship , i have received an interesting job proposition and i have accepted it, i have even give up previously in the sponsorship but right now, i see that i i may qualify
Mistakes happen but what others are trying to tell you is”it doesn’t really matter if you moved Quebec now as your Quebec taxes will show 2019 in 2020 when you file”. They will reject your file as at present you have filed with Ontario address and you don’t meet requirement. Give it a shot if you want but will lose processing fee and cannot apply in. 2020 PGP EOI as expect decision on your application file next year and if you have application in process when decision is pending you won’t be apply . It will 102% refusal and don’t take our words call CIC . Good luck

K0c4nbi3t

Sep 5, 2015
Please don't scare others by this misunderstanding. CIC always wants your complete application therefore it not understandable if they PUSH first come first served for sending applications, remember on invitation letter they mentioned must receive on or by June 28, 2019, if they accepted only 20k complete applications arrived first, they will clearly mention it.
You got the invitation means you got your spot. your spot will be transferring to someone else ONLY your application is not eligible. Eventually, the application is incomplete. they may ask for additional docs instead cut your spot

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

Even if it isn’t the reason you moved you don’t have tax receipts in Quebec and have not been living in Quebec. You didn’t qualify when you lived in Ontario so not sure why you applied for the EOI in January.