Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Jun 10
VISA ISSUED...
June 24
LANDED..........
September 08
You are proving that you can afford to support your parent so they need to be included in the family size.
ok. that makes sense, and for the time i was unemployed ( for 1 week between my switch to another company ) , should i write my home address where i was and family size of 4 as well ?

UPPI

Nov 11, 2013
Hi All,

RE-POSTING - ,

I have a question regarding Form IMM5768 - Financial Evaluation For Parents and Grandparents sponsorship.

I am single and sponsoring my mom and dad.

However, last year I also signed a statutory declaration for my cousin sister's visitor visa extension application. The reason she needed extension was that she was pregnant and could not travel until giving birth to her child.

That statutory declaration basically stated that "I" take the responsibility to make sure that my cousin would return to her home country before expiration of her extension.

So my question is - "Does this declaration make me financially responsible for my cousin as well"?

In my opinion the answer is "NO" as I have not filled any sponsorship form (IMM1344) for her. She is not a dependent on me. I did not sponsor her PR.

Please provide a second opinion regarding this.

I appreciate all responses in advance!

Have a great day!

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
So how many persons got the invitation this year. 20k or all 27 K? Is the order of application submission matter ?
27,000 got ITA. Order of application doesn't matter because the total number of eligible applications will fall short of the 20,000.

IRCC knows this which is why they sent out 27,000 ITAs.

ihg

May 9, 2019
The amount of effort to do that would be ridiculous. You know your app has been delivered so you just need to be patient.
It is more organized way , for me the IRCC system is worst ,why we are at whims and fancy of a lazy person . Every person should have target to complete the number of application in certain time period obviously subject to all checks . I saw people who send the application on April 26th is not in the system and May 13th people are , certainly system is broken

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi All,

RE-POSTING - ,

I have a question regarding Form IMM5768 - Financial Evaluation For Parents and Grandparents sponsorship.

I am single and sponsoring my mom and dad.

However, last year I also signed a statutory declaration for my cousin sister's visitor visa extension application. The reason she needed extension was that she was pregnant and could not travel until giving birth to her child.

That statutory declaration basically stated that "I" take the responsibility to make sure that my cousin would return to her home country before expiration of her extension.

So my question is - "Does this declaration make me financially responsible for my cousin as well"?

In my opinion the answer is "NO" as I have not filled any sponsorship form (IMM1344) for her. She is not a dependent on me. I did not sponsor her PR.

Please provide a second opinion regarding this.

I appreciate all responses in advance!

Have a great day!
No. Your cousin will likely now struggle to return to Canada as a visitor due to her birth tourism. hopefully she has settled her hospital bill.

WaterFamily

Star Member
Dec 5, 2018
On personal history, my father lives in Saudi, but he comes home for vacation in Philippines, 1 month every year. Do i need to Include all the dates or no, coz he didnt stay more than 6 months in PhL. Tia

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
It is more organized way , for me the IRCC system is worst ,why we are at whims and fancy of a lazy person . Every person should have target to complete the number of application in certain time period obviously subject to all checks . I saw people who send the application on April 26th is not in the system and May 13th people are , certainly system is broken
PGP is petty low priority when it comes to Canada and immigration and the majority of Canadians are not in favour of the program. If it takes months to get AOR for spousal sponsorship not sure why people are expecting faster processing for PGP. CIC is processing applications in 6 months-2 years when it took years before. Don't like the program, don't apply.

cooold

Star Member
Oct 7, 2014
Hello all,

Do we need to provide any of our sibling details in any of the forms( though he/she are not included in the sponsorship)
In additional family information for your principal applicant and dependents.
Eg: If you are sponsoring your parents then under IMM5406 they need to mention information about their Children's. Do not forget to write the name under those forms in the Native language.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
In additional family information for your principal applicant and dependents.
Eg: If you are sponsoring your parents then under IMM5406 they need to mention information about their Childreens. Do not forget to write name under those forms in Native language.
Hi cooold, you are absolutely riiight that we have to provide infooo on the childreens.

ihg

May 9, 2019
PGP is petty low priority when it comes to Canada and immigration and the majority of Canadians are not in favour of the program. If it takes months to get AOR for spousal sponsorship not sure why people are expecting faster processing for PGP. CIC is processing applications in 6 months-2 years when it took years before. Don't like the program, don't apply.
Agree, To be very frank I don't like the program but when I see the person who come recently has all family here and my tax $$$ is going for health care of all the family while I am paying for Insurance that's the only reason i submitted the ETA. People may not like me but it should be the US way , First priority to Citizen , File petition and wait for number to come