+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Raj2202

Star Member
May 16, 2019
Hi Guys

Today my parents received biometrics letter. But the letter came only for principal applicant(father) not my mother. When I tried to book an appointment at VFS global they expect separate biometric letter for each applicant (principal and co-applicant). but IRCC sent only one on principal applicant name. what should I be doing now>

Yes I did select that my mother will be accompanying my father.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi Guys

Today my parents received biometrics letter. But the letter came only for principal applicant(father) not my mother. When I tried to book an appointment at VFS global they expect separate biometric letter for each applicant (principal and co-applicant). but IRCC sent only one on principal applicant name. what should I be doing now>

They will send biomertics request letter to her in few days unless she is over 80.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Received new PR cards today.
Thanks to everyone on this forum. I have been on Canadavisa.com since 2010, ever since I applied for student visa. The PR process of my parents is complete, but as I mentioned before the outcome hasn't been very fruitful as differences cropped up in the family. Getting PR cards wasn't as happy an occasion as I had envisaged when I started the process. I know all this is personal, but we all had been together on this journey through ups and downs, having spent endless hours on this forum. You all are awesome!

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
Thanks to everyone on this forum. I have been on Canadavisa.com since 2010, ever since I applied for student visa. The PR process of my parents is complete, but as I mentioned before the outcome hasn't been very fruitful as differences cropped up in the family. Getting PR cards wasn't as happy an occasion as I had envisaged when I started the process. I know all this is personal, but we all had been together on this journey through ups and downs, having spent endless hours on this forum. You all are awesome!
I really hope everything gets better in your family.

It's a lot of sacrifice from the sponsors stand point and for it not to pan out due to family issues is a bit sad...

Goodluck!

Dr.SN777

Jan 29, 2022
Guys need help please. My parents biometrics were completed in October 2022 and now when I check the online account, it shows there is no application on the account at all. I have not received anything about the next processing at all. What is happening? What should I do?

brucekei

Apr 19, 2014
Hi,
My wife is sponsoring her parents. A medical request was received in September 2022.
Her mom's medical results raised suspicions for TB and required additional testing to verify she doesn't have active TB.
Additional testing was done and required over 8 weeks for results to be ready.
3 out of 4 results came back as negative, the 4th was inconclusive.
However, the results included a summary deeming the results as conclusive and negative.
Nevertheless, the visa office requested to do those tests again, which will now take another 8 weeks.

Has any of you been in this situation? Do you think I should send an email to the visa office asking about this?
Thanks!

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi,
My wife is sponsoring her parents. A medical request was received in September 2022.
Her mom's medical results raised suspicions for TB and required additional testing to verify she doesn't have active TB.
Additional testing was done and required over 8 weeks for results to be ready.
3 out of 4 results came back as negative, the 4th was inconclusive.
However, the results included a summary deeming the results as conclusive and negative.
Nevertheless, the visa office requested to do those tests again, which will now take another 8 weeks.

Has any of you been in this situation? Do you think I should send an email to the visa office asking about this?
Thanks!
Furtherance tests are common. Just wait for the result.

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Hi
I don’t know what will happen next medical,police report,travel history all done in august and September after that no news.

Ottawan83

Aug 31, 2019
Hi Guys

Check mycic, sometimes it is in mycic account but not sent by email for some reason

Ottawan83

Aug 31, 2019
Hi:

Update:

Jan 2023:
-I received a request for police certificate for the 3rd time for my parents. Completed and sent.
- Biometrics requested for my father as he was added later (3 years ago). Completed and sent.

Last edited:
Reactions: laxsun

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
We applied for family sponsorship in April 2019, I totally forgot about the application. Is anyone else still waiting to hear anything?

Everything is been done on our family end, medical, biometrics, additional documents etc. since June 2022 no word.