Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
We applied for family sponsorship in April 2019, I totally forgot about the application. Is anyone else still waiting to hear anything?

Everything is been done on our family end, medical, biometrics, additional documents etc. since June 2022 no word.
Yes I am in the same boat

Reactions: dennizgb

pekto

Star Member
Mar 21, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. I am not sure which PGP I belong but I've got a confirmation that our application is approved for my mother in law.
The expiry date appearing in the site is October 18 and I am assuming this is the visa expiration date
We have not received the visa yet
We are booked to fly this year and come back October 14.
If assumption is correct, that will be 4 days before the visa expires
Can sombody kindly advise if there would be issue if we fly my mother in law 4 days before her visa expiry?

Thank you in advance for your help

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Our parents got the PR last September and since they were already in Canada, they did not have to enter the country. My question is how do I declare goods to follow? This would include jewelry, electronics, etc. that we would like to bring from our home country. Does anyone have an idea how to declare goods to follow?

Harry0707

Star Member
Feb 1, 2022
We applied for family sponsorship in April 2019, I totally forgot about the application. Is anyone else still waiting to hear anything?

Everything is been done on our family end, medical, biometrics, additional documents etc. since June 2022 no word.
Same here everything has been done no response from ircc. Ircc completely silent. Its only work on student visa.

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi:

Update:

Jan 2023:
-I received a request for police certificate for the 3rd time for my parents. Completed and sent.
- Biometrics requested for my father as he was added later (3 years ago). Completed and sent.
What day of January?

OR@YT

Star Member
Jun 11, 2021
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
Same here everything has been done no response from ircc. Ircc completely silent. Its only work on student visa.
Hi
my case is same waiting after submitting all docs just a quick question did u send ircc a webform for any additional information?

Lobster_a

Star Member
Jun 27, 2019
Our parents got the PR last September and since they were already in Canada, they did not have to enter the country. My question is how do I declare goods to follow? This would include jewelry, electronics, etc. that we would like to bring from our home country. Does anyone have an idea how to declare goods to follow?
Anyone pls? @laxsun @Canuck11

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
To my understanding, the goods to follow list should have been submitted to CBSA when they land (or virtually landing in this case).
You may ask IRCC agents or some experienced immigration consultants in your case if still you can submit to CBSA.

Mahimsd07

May 31, 2022
Hello everyone. My mother completed her second medical request. I have two question:
1) how long it takes to get the medical updated in case everything is normal?
2) the serum cretanine level mentioned in the report if 0.6 whereas the range shows 0.61-1.24. It is for my mother, for females, the range starts from 0.5. Is it soemthing to worry about? Her last medical had the result of 0.6. However her eGFR is 104 which is completely normal.

Ottawan83

Aug 31, 2019
I am happy to let you know that we received passport request letter on Feb. 7th. I have two questions
- We are asked to fill "Updated Information Chart in Appendix A". Since only my parents are coming, do we need to fill the information for my parents' children even though non is accompanying them to Canada? shall I include myself, the sponsor, as I am a child of my parents?
- We need to send the passport to VFS in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia. Does anyone know if we can do it in person or it has to be by mail? (I couldn't find the information online and they are not responding; worst case, we will try in person and see how it goes)

Reactions: laxsun