AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
Since how long u r waiting
5th June 2019 application date. Second medical cleared in Jan 2022. Requested additional documents (Feb 2022) like 2nd PCs, updated travel forms etc. were submitted in early May 2022....waiting since.

Zahra NZ

May 7, 2019
My parents are landing next week.
Back in 2019 when we applied for sponsorship, my husband signed the application with me as the sponsor.
Now we are separating, does my husband have the power to screw up my parents' PR at this stage? Or after they have landed?

ms2021

May 12, 2021
Ontario
Category........
FAM
Can anyone share timeline from landing to receiving PR card?
My folks landed on Aug 12 at Toronto Pearson Airport and we provided our mailing address on the scene. It has been almost 6 weeks and still no PR card.
From what I read on IRCC site there is no other action to take than to provide mailing address. Am I correct?

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Back in 2019 when we applied for sponsorship, my husband signed the application with me as the sponsor.
Now we are separating, does my husband have the power to screw up my parents' PR at this stage? Or after they have landed?
Not anymore, it is too late for your husband to do anything now.

nguyentu2001

Champion Member
Mar 19, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
after they landed, nothing can change their PR status, absolutely nothing. Even now as they are holding visas, nothing your husband can do, absolutely nothing.

Ketobaby

Star Member
Feb 2, 2022
No he cannot, it's too late and if I remember correctly divorce or separation does not relief him of his signed sponsorship 20years agreement/undertaking...

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
No he cannot, it's too late and if I remember correctly divorce or separation does not relief him of his signed sponsorship 20years agreement/undertaking...
It's correct. Once the applicants and dependents have landed, separation or divorce will not relief him from the undertaking.

jhbrar

Mar 19, 2021
Anyone can help me on this?

I would like to sponsor my mother for parent-grandparent PR program . How do i count the family size?
I am living with my husband, no children. My mother (widow) is alone. which means family size is 3 .
But the requirement says count if we sponsored someone. So, my husband applied super visa for his father and mother & visitor visa for his grandmother. Do we need to include them in family count or no? because i am confused does super visa & visitors comes under family count in sponsorship or not.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Anyone can help me on this?

I would like to sponsor my mother for parent-grandparent PR program . How do i count the family size?
I am living with my husband, no children. My mother (widow) is alone. which means family size is 3 .
But the requirement says count if we sponsored someone. So, my husband applied super visa for his father and mother & visitor visa for his grandmother. Do we need to include them in family count or no? because i am confused does super visa & visitors comes under family count in sponsorship or not.
supervisa and visitor visa invitiations are not counted as sponsorship. You do not need to sign any undertaking for those.

Feb2004

Feb 27, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa (OPNP)
NOC Code......
NA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-8-2014
Nomination.....
11-8-2014
AOR Received.
29-10-2014
IELTS Request
Med's Request
31-10-2014
Med's Done....
1-12-2014
Interview........
PCC & RPRF 21-5-2015 (in process);PCC reached 4th June, RPRF paid 5th June.
Passport Req..
DM & PPR 13 Aug
VISA ISSUED...
20 Aug 2015. PP & COPR recd 26-8-2015
LANDED..........
6 Sept 2015
For medicals passed date, does only applicant's date matters or also of the dependant (when their dates are different)? My father, the main applicant had furtherances, so his medical passed date is in Jan 2022, but my mother, who is a dependent, has medical passed date of July 2021. Should we just wait if CIC needs 3rd medical of my mother?

Ottawan83

Aug 31, 2019
Please update my information in the excel sheet:
- July 28, 2022: 2nd medical was requested
- August 26, 2022:myCic shows that you passed the medical exam
Ecas still show medical was requested with no update that medical was passed :(

They have been responsive before the 2nd medical, but unfortunately, until now, I have not heard anything from them.
Do you know when shall I expect the next update and what is the next update should be?

Reactions: Bimpsy_7

Ottawan83

Aug 31, 2019
For medicals passed date, does only applicant's date matters or also of the dependant (when their dates are different)? My father, the main applicant had furtherances, so his medical passed date is in Jan 2022, but my mother, who is a dependent, has medical passed date of July 2021. Should we just wait if CIC needs 3rd medical of my mother?
How do you know the passed data for your father and mother seperately? myCic shows just one date.

Nadine29

Oct 29, 2016
Hi Guys

I am sponsoring my parents under PGP and applied in May 2019. My father is the PA. Today I have received a medical request email from CIC. They are also asking for a new NBI clearance valid within 6 months, and an updated IM5669 form. My parents are both in Canada right now with valid TRV. I have scheduled them to see a panel physician to do their medical exam on September 12, 2022. I just have a concern with their NBI clearance request as it has a "No Criminal Record" remarks.

As per the letter from CIC;

If the NBI Clearance shows any of the following remarks: Record as Stated, No Criminal Record, or No
Pending Case, you must also submit:

 Certification issued by the NBI outlining all criminal charges/cases including the description of
the charge, date when the charge was filed and the disposition of the charge (you may present this
letter to the NBI when securing the certification);
 Own written detailed account of circumstances surrounding and leading up to the criminal charges
listed on the NBI certification;
 Regardless if case is dismissed or ongoing, all court documents relating to the criminal cases listed
which include but are not limited to police report/blotter, court transcripts, and court judgments.

It's a long story but we're thinking this is related to a rape case filed against my father in 2018. Someone was trying to extort money from him and set him up. His case went on trial in court where he appeared together with his lawyer. The plaintiff or any of her representatives never attended any of the hearings and the case was eventually dismissed a couple of months later due to lack of evidence.

Is there anyone here who had the same experience? How will this affect their application? and has anyone tried requesting for a NBI certification from within Canada?

Thank you and I hope someone could enlighten us on this matter
Hi,can I send you a pm

Nadine29

Oct 29, 2016
Hi Guys

I am sponsoring my parents under PGP and applied in May 2019. My father is the PA. Today I have received a medical request email from CIC. They are also asking for a new NBI clearance valid within 6 months, and an updated IM5669 form. My parents are both in Canada right now with valid TRV. I have scheduled them to see a panel physician to do their medical exam on September 12, 2022. I just have a concern with their NBI clearance request as it has a "No Criminal Record" remarks.

As per the letter from CIC;

If the NBI Clearance shows any of the following remarks: Record as Stated, No Criminal Record, or No
Pending Case, you must also submit:

 Certification issued by the NBI outlining all criminal charges/cases including the description of
the charge, date when the charge was filed and the disposition of the charge (you may present this
letter to the NBI when securing the certification);
 Own written detailed account of circumstances surrounding and leading up to the criminal charges
listed on the NBI certification;
 Regardless if case is dismissed or ongoing, all court documents relating to the criminal cases listed
which include but are not limited to police report/blotter, court transcripts, and court judgments.

It's a long story but we're thinking this is related to a rape case filed against my father in 2018. Someone was trying to extort money from him and set him up. His case went on trial in court where he appeared together with his lawyer. The plaintiff or any of her representatives never attended any of the hearings and the case was eventually dismissed a couple of months later due to lack of evidence.

Is there anyone here who had the same experience? How will this affect their application? and has anyone tried requesting for a NBI certification from within Canada?

Thank you and I hope someone could enlighten us on this matter
I think your good,you need to provide NBi explanation regarding the remarks