+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

MD420

Apr 27, 2019
Hello everyone,

My parents got COPR in March. Initial plan was that they would come to Canada and then return after 3-4 months as my father had preplanned knee replacement surgery. Now, as they are unable to travel due to the pandemic, the surgery is unavoidable. He had been putting it off just so that this process could be completed, now the doctors are advising that he shouldn't wait any longer, so he has to get it done. I’m wondering if anyone has knowledge about what happens if there is medical change after the COPR. Does he need to inform immigration about the surgery before he travels or should he inform when he lands here. His previous medical expires in October 2020 and the doctors are indicating that he will be able to travel 1 month after the surgery. If the travel restrictions are lifted, they were planning to travel in September or early October 2020. I would appreciate any guidance, Thank you so much.

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
@bdidol , @robertp

Today i got update on my mom's file through my local MP. it reads like

* The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on May 24, 2019.

* The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor is eligible<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html> has been finalized on October 3, 2019.

* The eligibility requirements assessment for the applicant was finalized on December 16, 2019.

* The medical examination results are on file and valid until July 3, 2020, for the applicant.

* The criminality verifications are in process.

* The security verifications are currently valid.

* There is no further information or action required from the applicant at this time.

* If the application is approved:

* the officer will affix a visa (if applicable) in the applicant's passport and will issue a Confirmation of permanent residence document, which the applicant will present at the Port of Entry.

Can you please advise what is this Criminality verification process and how long it takes. bio was done just before Christmas. I was under the impression that all significant milestones were done.
it has been 6 months that my mother's application is stuck.

Pls Help

Anil0502

Star Member
Oct 20, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-05-2014
Nomination.....
15-08-2014(PER mail)
Med's Request
16-09-2014
Med's Done....
22-09-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-02-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Soon
LANDED..........
Soon
Hey guys just wanted to know if anyone is in the same boat as me. I applied for my mom and she had done her pcc and medical in december and I had sent additional information requested in January. I had called them in feb and the person on phone said they had received the email with additional docs and were verifying it.its been 4 months and nothing. Is this normal and delayed due to covid maybe? Her Visa office assigned is mississauga ontario.
Same is for me Medicals passed Jan 13 and nothing after that even "
Background check
  • Not applicable.
Called Cic Mississiauga and it was confirmed Pcc was received and nothing is pending but no progress yet.

Beetree221

Dec 9, 2019
What does your ECAS status say ? Also, have you linked your application to an online account ?
Yes, I have linked this PGP application to my online account. On my ECAS Sponsorship status, it wrote “we received your application to sponsor [my parent name] on June 28, 2019.” And on my ECAS Permanent Residence status, it wrote “we received [name]’s application for permanent residence on June 28, 2019.” And that’s about it.

is it normal for just reaching to this stepby far?

thanks!

albertaorbust

Feb 8, 2009
People chill out. I am April 26th applicant. Received pre arrival letter on March 3. Nothing after that. So june applications will take time.

Beetree221

Dec 9, 2019
People chill out. I am April 26th applicant. Received pre arrival letter on March 3. Nothing after that. So june applications will take time.
Congratulations on your receiving of the pre arrival letter. I am nowhere close to this step however. I am just up to my 2019 application being received and very likely means it’s not even started any process yet. And hoping that someone here can tell me this is normal.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Yes, I have linked this PGP application to my online account. On my ECAS Sponsorship status, it wrote “we received your application to sponsor [my parent name] on June 28, 2019.” And on my ECAS Permanent Residence status, it wrote “we received [name]’s application for permanent residence on June 28, 2019.” And that’s about it.

is it normal for just reaching to this stepby far?

thanks!
Yes, things are taking time. Each application is different, Try to see people with similar time line as yours on the excel sheet. It does help.

CHRoNiCWiLL

Apr 4, 2018
Just wanna see everyones opinion here
I am the co-sponsor on the application - my wife is sponsoring her mother.
My wife was denied as a sponsor due to insufficient household income for 2017.
I work as a contractor and have my own corporation and my personal income reported in no way comes close to actually make.
I provided business financials with our original application, but it looks like they either ignored or dismissed them.

I am now preparing to appeal the decision, but want some advice on whether hiring a paralegal/lawyer is worth it for my situation.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@bdidol , @robertp

Today i got update on my mom's file through my local MP. it reads like

* The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on May 24, 2019.

* The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor is eligible<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html> has been finalized on October 3, 2019.

* The eligibility requirements assessment for the applicant was finalized on December 16, 2019.

* The medical examination results are on file and valid until July 3, 2020, for the applicant.

* The criminality verifications are in process.

* The security verifications are currently valid.

* There is no further information or action required from the applicant at this time.

* If the application is approved:

* the officer will affix a visa (if applicable) in the applicant's passport and will issue a Confirmation of permanent residence document, which the applicant will present at the Port of Entry.

Can you please advise what is this Criminality verification process and how long it takes. bio was done just before Christmas. I was under the impression that all significant milestones were done.
it has been 6 months that my mother's application is stuck.

Pls Help
Background check explained

jackhcd

Star Member
Nov 21, 2016
Category........
CEC
Hi all, the biometric instruction letters are received for my parents but they are not in the same country at this moment. Would it be okay that they perform their biometric scans at different VFS locations & dates?

xiaosanxiong

Dec 15, 2016
We recently couriered some documents requested by Hong Kong office to IRCC Hong Kong and we wanted to confirm with them whether they have received our package. I sent the question through webform Hong Kong and got replied that "Our office does not acknowledge receipt of fax, mail or e-mailed correspondence. If you have recently submitted documents or information to our office, please be patient."

Has anyone been through the same situation before? And should we just do nothing and just wait, or should we submit our package again electronically through webform just in case they don't receive them? Thanks in advance!

shovon0014

Star Member
Oct 25, 2014
Saskatoon
Visa Office......
Singapore
File Transfer...
12-06-14
Med's Request
20-10-14
Med's Done....
22-10-14
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
09-12-14
VISA ISSUED...
02-03-15
LANDED..........
04-04-15
My mother also did a repeat X-ray recently after passing the sputum test.
Hello Kulb,

So my mom repeats the X-ray and meets Dr today. But the Dr didn't say anything about the result. Asked some basic questions.