+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

laxsun

Champion Member
Jan 11, 2016
Hi all, the biometric instruction letters are received for my parents but they are not in the same country at this moment. Would it be okay that they perform their biometric scans at different VFS locations & dates?
You can book appointment for biometric in any locations. I don't think the instruction letter is for any specific location.

Reactions: jackhcd

qwertyguy

Jan 21, 2018
toronto
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
toronto
I have lost my father during the process. Just want my mom to be here.
our condolences. I think accepting that these processes are now stuck for few more months would be the best way to go.
luckily for you and everyone else, Canadian government is allowing immediate family members of Citizens and PR's from today onwards to travel to Canada. I am not sure if this includes parents too.

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
our condolences. I think accepting that these processes are now stuck for few more months would be the best way to go.
luckily for you and everyone else, Canadian government is allowing immediate family members of Citizens and PR's from today onwards to travel to Canada. I am not sure if this includes parents too.
It includes parents also. The issue is if his/her father was the PA and mother is Dependent/Accompanying Spouse, she can't travel. They will have to request IRCC to change mother from Dependent to PA first. If mother is PA they she can fly to Canada after receiving PRV and COPR. Hope Amanpreet has submitted death certificate to IRCC.

Intangible

Dec 1, 2011
Calgary
To Intangible,
I had similar situation but my mom under Visitor Visa. I had posted similar question and I got response from others who had faced the same situation.
My mom's visitor visa expires on next month. As per Canadian website, I need to apply 30 days before, I have done the same. Also I called toll free number to verify whether there is an exemption that canadian government waived for people who came as Visitors in Canada. But the Agent told me that canadian government accepting the visa extension application since the people are struck in Canada because there are no international flights.
In your case, I would suggest to apply your extension in Jul, dont apply now.

Best Regards
RV
Sorry I missed that you responded to me. Thank you so much. Ok I will apply in July. :)

tessaract786

Jul 11, 2019
Repeating the question from before:

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone knows which Ontario Ministry CIC reaches out to for SSC check. My sponsor eligibility has been in process since mid-January, and there hasn't been any update since. I requested ATIP notes, and it shows they sent province a letter for it, with the deadline set for mid-February. I contacted CIC and they said nothing can be done. So I contacted my MPP, and he said he can help look into it from provinces end, but asked which MInistry the request falls under. Does anyone know?

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Just wanna see everyones opinion here
I am the co-sponsor on the application - my wife is sponsoring her mother.
My wife was denied as a sponsor due to insufficient household income for 2017.
I work as a contractor and have my own corporation and my personal income reported in no way comes close to actually make.
I provided business financials with our original application, but it looks like they either ignored or dismissed them.

I am now preparing to appeal the decision, but want some advice on whether hiring a paralegal/lawyer is worth it for my situation.
You mean 2017 income for both of you on Notice of Assessment was less than required?

anu_grewal

Star Member
Nov 4, 2018
Repeating the question from before:

Hey, I'm wondering if anyone knows which Ontario Ministry CIC reaches out to for SSC check. My sponsor eligibility has been in process since mid-January, and there hasn't been any update since. I requested ATIP notes, and it shows they sent province a letter for it, with the deadline set for mid-February. I contacted CIC and they said nothing can be done. So I contacted my MPP, and he said he can help look into it from provinces end, but asked which MInistry the request falls under. Does anyone know?
My sponsor eligibility is in process since Nov 2019. I ordered GCMS notes & it says SSC Peel - negative results received on Dec 05,2019 , Officer review pending. So mine was from Peel region (local )

Yiming59

Star Member
Jun 20, 2019
Hi guys! Here's my question.
Now that travel restrictions have been lifted for parents of Canadian citizens, can my parents come to Canada now?
They have been approved long time ago, but did not travel due to the virus. They have their passport and COPR.
My question is are they allowed to land for the first time as new immigrants now? Are the landing serviced open at the airport? Will they be denied entry? Please help, we'd like to reunite with them ASAP. Thanks in advance!

PkPreeti

Apr 11, 2020
@bdidol , @robertp

Today i got update on my mom's file through my local MP. it reads like

* The application was received at the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M), Ontario, on May 24, 2019.

* The initial assessment to ensure the sponsor is eligible<https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/eligibility.html> has been finalized on October 3, 2019.

* The eligibility requirements assessment for the applicant was finalized on December 16, 2019.

* The medical examination results are on file and valid until July 3, 2020, for the applicant.

* The criminality verifications are in process.

* The security verifications are currently valid.

* There is no further information or action required from the applicant at this time.

* If the application is approved:

* the officer will affix a visa (if applicable) in the applicant's passport and will issue a Confirmation of permanent residence document, which the applicant will present at the Port of Entry.

Can you please advise what is this Criminality verification process and how long it takes. bio was done just before Christmas. I was under the impression that all significant milestones were done.
it has been 6 months that my mother's application is stuck.

Pls Help
Are you B.C. resident if yes which MP you contacted

PkPreeti

Apr 11, 2020
I work as a contractor and have my own corporation and my personal income reported in no way comes close to actually make.
I provided business financials with our original application, but it looks like they either ignored or dismissed them.

I am now preparing to appeal the decision, but want some advice on whether hiring a paralegal/lawyer is worth it for my situation.
What’s your application received date

IheartCanada

Jun 4, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am June 5 applicant. Similar situation as yours. VO - Mississauga
I am june 18 application and since Feb07, 2020 ecase is in process. No biometric medical requested yet . .. even don't know which VO is processing my parents application. I am losing my patient and very disappointed

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017

By paying yourself a smaller income you save taxes but you also don’t qualify for LICO via sponsorship. Those who are self-employed plan to pay themselves more for the years they want to qualify for PGP. You can certainly try but no guarantees since business earning are not the same as person income you are declaring. Would suggest a lawyer if you want the best shot of approval.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We recently couriered some documents requested by Hong Kong office to IRCC Hong Kong and we wanted to confirm with them whether they have received our package. I sent the question through webform Hong Kong and got replied that "Our office does not acknowledge receipt of fax, mail or e-mailed correspondence. If you have recently submitted documents or information to our office, please be patient."

Has anyone been through the same situation before? And should we just do nothing and just wait, or should we submit our package again electronically through webform just in case they don't receive them? Thanks in advance!
Did you pay for tracking of your package?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello everyone,

My parents got COPR in March. Initial plan was that they would come to Canada and then return after 3-4 months as my father had preplanned knee replacement surgery. Now, as they are unable to travel due to the pandemic, the surgery is unavoidable. He had been putting it off just so that this process could be completed, now the doctors are advising that he shouldn't wait any longer, so he has to get it done. I’m wondering if anyone has knowledge about what happens if there is medical change after the COPR. Does he need to inform immigration about the surgery before he travels or should he inform when he lands here. His previous medical expires in October 2020 and the doctors are indicating that he will be able to travel 1 month after the surgery. If the travel restrictions are lifted, they were planning to travel in September or early October 2020. I would appreciate any guidance, Thank you so much.
Yes you should be updating any changes in health but having a knee replacement shouldn’t change anything unless he has other complications. Would really discourage any elective surgeries at the moment or any hospital visits. Your father seems to be in India. There is such a higher chance of getting covid if he goes to a hospital and especially had surgery and remains in a hospital. I would discourage having a knee replacement in Toronto at the moment. India has a much bigger covid problem at the moment. The surgeon may be encouraging your father to have the operation partially because many others are cancelling.