+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
To apply for visitor record extension so a visitor can stay more than 6 months. CIC website states visitor needs to apply at least 1 month prior to expiry date. Is that mandatory? Does it mean if application was submitted less than 30 days, it will get rejected?
Suggested not mandatory.

TeraAnn

May 9, 2020
I was a landed immigrant in Canada (from the states) from 1972-2000. In 2000, I moved back to the states. Now, I would like to relocate back to Canada to be closer to my children/grandchildren. Should I apply as a grandparent or fir permanent resident status? Thankyou for any help!

TeraAnn

May 9, 2020
I was a landed immigrant in Canada (from the states) from 1972-2000. In 2000, I moved back to the states. Now, I would like to relocate back to Canada to be closer to my children/grandchildren. Should I apply as a grandparent or fir permanent resident status? Thankyou for any help!
Im also wondering how do I check back here and find my post to read any replies?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Did you get your citizenship?

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
IRCC or CPC-M belongs to which one of these categories?
Most of the VO's working in the IRCC sent home in on March 25th and they are unable to work from home on the file due to IRCC privacy laws. Unless the offices are widely open and provincial emergency measures are not changing, they are not coming back to the work on these files anytime soon. Many of them also re-deployed to work on processing the EI/CERB

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I am stuck in social checks too. I reached out to my local MLA however they referred me to MP instead. Waiting for his reply.

I m in Richmond BC
We haven’t heard of people getting stuck with checks to see if people have received welfare. There was a problem in Alberta. Of course at the moment most offices are not fully staffed and focusing on making sure people get their current social assistance versus processing welfare checks. Same thing for MLAs, they must be triaging issues with covid related issues at the top.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
That depends on how long much time you have spent in Canada as PR in the last five years. If you stayed in Canada (even as visits and not continuously) for 730 days in the past five years, you may have maintained your PR status. Otherwise, IRCC likely considered you have relinquished PR status. If I were you, I would start sending an email or calling IRCC to get info on your PR status. If they say your PR status is still valid, then things get a lot easier. Otherwise, your children or grandchildren will have you sponsor you.

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That depends on how long much time you have spent in Canada as PR in the last five years. If you stayed in Canada (even as visits and not continuously) for 730 days in the past five years, you may have maintained your PR status. Otherwise, IRCC likely considered you have relinquished PR status. If I were you, I would start sending an email or calling IRCC to get info on your PR status. If they say your PR status is still valid, then things get a lot easier. Otherwise, your children or grandchildren will have you sponsor you.
Incorrect. If the poster accompanied his/her Canadian citizen spouse in US, he/she might have retained the PR status. No point of sending an email or calling IRCC to get info on the status.