+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

FreshT

Oct 16, 2019
Offices may re-open May 18th. I would expect licensing bodies to make an announcement very soon.

Government's roadmap to ease Covid-19 restrictions will be set out in 5 phases. These phases will be on 3 week review process, the current phases would commence on the following dates:

Phase 1 - 18th May

Phase 2 - 8th June

Phase 3 - 29th June

Phase 4 - 20th July

Phase 5 - 10th August

If coronavirus cases begin to increase, we will revert to the restrictions set out in the previous stage.

PHASE 1

Phase 1 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Construction workers, landscape gardeners and other outdoor workers may return to work

Garden centres, repair shops and hardware stores may reopen

Fitness & sport activities (non-contact) in small groups (max of 4 people) may resume (golf included)

People may meet up with friends and family in small groups outdoors (size of a "small group" is defined as up to 4 people)

The majority of regular health services will resume

Outdoor public amenities and tourism sites may reopen (beaches & mountain walks)

*NOTE - social distancing guidelines will remain in operation for all

PHASE 2

Phase 2 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Restriction will be extended from 5km to 20km

Specific retail hours will be allocated for those currently cocooning

Home visits will be allowed to those cocooning, by a small number of persons for a short period of time

Up to 4 people may visit another household for a short period of time

Slightly larger family gatherings at funerals will be permitted (limited to maximum safe social distancing can still be applied)

Solitary workers and workers that can maintain social distancing can return to work

Small retail outlets that can control staff and customer numbers and maintain social distancing may reopen

Public libraries will reopen

Outdoor sporting activities, involving small group training (no matches) can recommenced (no contact still allowed)

PHASE 3

Phase 3 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Commence opening of creches and pre-schools for children of essential workers

Commence a phased approach to visiting at hospitals and other healthcare settings

Businesses where employees have low levels of daily interaction may reopen

Phase in the opening of all other non-essential retail outlets, restricting customer numbers and applying social distancing (limited to retail outlets with street level entrance and exit, i.e. not in shopping centres)

Playgrounds will be reopened

'Behind closed doors' sporting events may recommence

Cafes and restaurants may reopen as long as social distancing is maintained

PHASE 4

Phase 4 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Travel will be extended to outside of your region

Larger household visits will be permitted

Small social gatherings will be permitted (baptisms, small weddings etc.)

Creches and pre-schools will reopen for all other children

Other employees return to work - beginning with those who cannot work remotely and then staggering the working times to ensure social distancing

Barbers and hairdressers may reopen

Museums and other cultural outlets may reopen

Sports teams (GAA & soccer) may recommence and public swimming pools may reopen

Hotels and other hospitality units may reopen based on limited occupancy. Hotel bars are to remain closed.

PHASE 5

Phase 5 of the roadmap will lift the following restrictions:

Social gatherings will be permitted except for large gathering and gatherings in households of suspect cases

Schools and colleges will reopen on a phased basis and will recommence in the new academic year

Normal hospital and other residential setting visits will be allowed

All employees may return to work on normal onsite arrangements, except organisations that cannot maintain social distancing plans

Enclosed shopping centres may reopen

Tattoo and piercing parlors may reopen

Cinemas may reopen

Close contact physical sports may recommence (rugby, boxing etc.)

Gyms and dance studios may reopen

Mass sporting events may recommence where social distancing can be maintained

Indoor recreational venues may reopen (bowling, bingo etc.)

Small festivals and other outdoor cultural events may resume

Tourist travel to offshore islands may resume
IRCC or CPC-M belongs to which one of these categories?

May 7, 2020
Asking for a friend, if e-case status is DM for both and SA and PA since March, PPR not received yet due to covid-19. Would a new born trigger anyone of the following to happen?

Your insight is much appreciated!

1. Put the application back to "in process" from "DM" and hence taking much longer for PPR?
2. Re-assessment of income? if so, only for the current year after birth?

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Asking for a friend, if e-case status is DM for both and SA and PA since March, PPR not received yet due to covid-19. Would a new born trigger anyone of the following to happen?

1. Put the application back to "in process" from "DM" and hence taking much longer for PPR?
I have the same situation with you, but my sponsor stage has not been processed yet. I guess it will not reassess your income as your new born is born in 2020, and 2020 notice of assessment has not come out yet.

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hello everyone,

My parents came to Canada in March on visitor visa. I asked them applied police certificate in home country before they came to Canada. They did it in Feb. I haven't received PCC and medical yet. I wonder how long will Feb PCC expiry.

wxhzk

Star Member
Aug 13, 2015
Hi Everyone

I am getting very anxious.I applied PR for my dad and the application was received in ottawa 21 June according to ECAS.
I am also following the excel sheet for the timelines but l can see lot of people got some movements in their applications.But mine is stuck with no response.
Was wondering Is there anyone else in the same time line.
No worries. June 20 applicant. No response yet.

LMN2019

May 8, 2020
Hi, I am new to this forum. My application was delivered 28 June. No communication is done with me and ecas does not find my file. Is there any way I can get a temporary number to follow up?
Thanks

hello_2019

Nov 8, 2019
Hi, I am new to this forum. My application was delivered 28 June. No communication is done with me and ecas does not find my file. Is there any way I can get a temporary number to follow up?
Thanks
Hello,
that’s what happened to me. I think you could try and call CIC Help Center to get the temporary file number. Hope this helps.

hello_2019

Nov 8, 2019
Hi everyone,

I hope all is well and staying safe!

I have a cic online account, and was asked to provide the additional documents for my application. Stupid me. I was not aware that I needed to submit the additional document via the online account. I have only submitted the documents to the provided email address within the time frame. When I found that I needed to submit the form through the online account, it was already too late. My question is whether the Immigration Office will still take my additional documents submitted through email as a part of their consideration? Thank you!

PBB2020

Feb 27, 2020
Hi everyone,

I hope all is well and staying safe!

I have a cic online account, and was asked to provide the additional documents for my application. Stupid me. I was not aware that I needed to submit the additional document via the online account. I have only submitted the documents to the provided email address within the time frame. When I found that I needed to submit the form through the online account, it was already too late. My question is whether the Immigration Office will still take my additional documents submitted through email as a part of their consideration? Thank you!
I don’t think thats a problem. You can either submit documents through provided email in the request letter, or webform or online cic account. Any of these are good.

i had submitted documents for my parents through email, and then i had called cic call center to check if they were received and uploaded to my file. And they confirmed they were received and uploaded.
I don’t think you have any reason to worry. If you wanna be double sure you can call cic call center and confirm once.

Apr 25, 2020
hello.
did you receive an email or was at ecas status got changed?
Hi there, my moms application for PGP shows 'decision made' but when I click on the link it just shows up to the last time they requested a document back in Feb and said if you have not already submitted this please do so asap. I had submitted them as soon as they asked for them. So I emailed them as a case specific question and reply came back that the decision was made and I should be getting either a letter in the mail or an email in the next few days. Nothing has arrived as yet but I will update if it comes next week. Anyone else have same situation?

May 7, 2020

anyone know?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Any IDEA when NDVO will resume their work. My mom's medical was done in July. If they don't finalize the application by that time IRCC may ask me to do medical again. I don't want to take my mom to hospitals considering conditions of Hospitals these days.
This depends more on the situation in India. Many staff returned to Canada temporarily and there is a national shut down.

May 7, 2020
To apply for visitor record extension so a visitor can stay more than 6 months. CIC website states visitor needs to apply at least 1 month prior to expiry date. Is that mandatory? Does it mean if application was submitted less than 30 days, it will get rejected?