+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

deleter

Star Member
May 16, 2019
My mom received her PR visa in February but has not yet landed. She has a ticket for May 31st to land at Pearson Airport in Toronto:

If anyone's parent has landed recently please help with these questions:

1- Is OHIP's three months waiting period waived? It is not very clear on their website.
2- Is landing's interview at airports still happening?
3- Does anyone here have any experience with the new required app by border agency "ArriveCAN"?

If you have any kind of experience for landing during COVID19, please share. Thanks much!

Ehaskhu

Star Member
Mar 28, 2019
Today i got a reply from London Visa office that all PR application are on hold until further notice and they are unable to give me any time frame when they will resume working on it.

Reactions: misterbmw

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Incorrect. If the poster accompanied his/her Canadian citizen spouse in US, he/she might have retained the PR status. No point of sending an email or calling IRCC to get info on the status.
Keyword is "if". There wasn't sufficient information (in fact, no information at all) to suggest that the poster moved back to the states with a Canadian spouse. "Don't ask IRCC and just move right back to Canada. It'll all be great" is perhaps the "Correct" approach and I stand corrected if that is the case, Sir/madam.

However, you have nothing to lose from asking IRCC to confirm the status. But hey, what do I know.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
My mom received her PR visa in February but has not yet landed. She has a ticket for May 31st to land at Pearson Airport in Toronto:

If anyone's parent has landed recently please help with these questions:

1- Is OHIP's three months waiting period waived? It is not very clear on their website.
2- Is landing's interview at airports still happening?
3- Does anyone here have any experience with the new required app by border agency "ArriveCAN"?

If you have any kind of experience for landing during COVID19, please share. Thanks much!
Flights are not going to start by May 31st.

90 days waiting is waived for ON only for OHIP. There was a provincial declaration about this. This might change when the emergency will be lifted.

Reactions: deleter

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
Happy to share that my parents status in myCIC has been changed to APPROVED at about 5:15pm today. They are currently in Canada on Visitor Visas.
PPR - 16 March
Passport delivered to Ottawa - 19 March
Approved in myCIC - 12 May
Return tracker activation - Awaited

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Hi everyone, the deadline for biometrics appointment (90 days) is approaching soon. I had booked appointment with Service Canada but it got Cancelled and they are not operational at this point too.

Could somebody advise a follow up.

RS91

Dec 4, 2018
my mothers status in myCIC has been changed to APPROVED today. She is currently in Canada on Visitor Visas.
Passport sent on 16 March
Passport yet to be received with COPR

vermas

Champion Member
Jan 12, 2010
NOC Code......
NA
App. Filed.......
eAPR/AOR 13-08-2018
my mothers status in myCIC has been changed to APPROVED today. She is currently in Canada on Visitor Visas.
Passport sent on 16 March
Passport yet to be received with COPR
Congratulations!

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
This is so unfair. Like people are waiting for these things like for so long. Parents are stuck in India and they are not processing files once this is over they going to invite more files and this will be backlogged to extreame

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
This is so unfair. Like people are waiting for these things like for so long. Parents are stuck in India and they are not processing files once this is over they going to invite more files and this will be backlogged to extreame
There is a pandemic! The workers at the Canadian consulate in India are following the direction of the India government and shut down. Many of the embassy staff returned to Canada. The Indian staff is sheltered at home. Immigration can not be done at home for privacy reasons. Processing times for PGP are posted as 12-24 months. Sponsoring parents is a privilege. Most countries do not allow you to sponsor parents especially with access to medical care. Many who didn’t get selected would happily wait almost 12+ months. The government is trying prioritize the health of Canadians and the healthcare system while trying to avoid an economic depression. There are many things that are delayed from surgeries in Canada, to school openings, to jobs restarting, etc. Waiting for immigration files to be processed is just another thing that will be delayed.

amanpreet.kaur01

Star Member
Jun 25, 2019
Edmonton,Ab
App. Filed.......
June17,2019
AOR Received.
13-04-2020
There is a pandemic! The workers at the Canadian consulate in India are following the direction of the India government and shut down. Many of the embassy staff returned to Canada. The Indian staff is sheltered at home. Immigration can not be done at home for privacy reasons. Processing times for PGP are posted as 12-24 months. Sponsoring parents is a privilege. Most countries do not allow you to sponsor parents especially with access to medical care. Many who didn’t get selected would happily wait almost 12+ months. The government is trying prioritize the health of Canadians and the healthcare system while trying to avoid an economic depression. There are many things that are delayed from surgeries in Canada, to school openings, to jobs restarting, etc. Waiting for immigration files to be processed is just another thing that will be delayed.
I have lost my father during the process. Just want my mom to be here.