+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
very similar indeed. which cpc office is your file being processed at? and when are you expecting to receive the medical request?
CPC Mississauga. How about yours ?

I was expecting the Biometric request any time soon now based on the trends, but looks like they requested another document now (Birth certificate) which might cause delays. Fingers crossed.

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
did you got SA letter? how you know your Local VO?
what is your DM date>
No, I don't even have the ECAS Status as Decision Made - It is still in Process. The Acknowledgement number i received was a letter from CPC Mississauga, that's how I guessed it. Is it not the case ?

Red and Black

Mar 12, 2012
CPC Mississauga. How about yours ?

I was expecting the Biometric request any time soon now based on the trends, but looks like they requested another document now (Birth certificate) which might cause delays. Fingers crossed.
Same CPC.

I think first we are being evaluated as sponsors before they move on with Biometrics and Medicals. Not sure how long the sponsor evaluation takes. My parents have visited Canada before and their biometrics are valid so dont know if they will ask for them again.

Reactions: reezam

reezam

Feb 1, 2019
Same CPC.

I think first we are being evaluated as sponsors before they move on with Biometrics and Medicals. Not sure how long the sponsor evaluation takes. My parents have visited Canada before and their biometrics are valid so dont know if they will ask for them again.
Correct, my parents have been here already as well on visitor, but for earlier TRVs, they did not ask for biometrics, which they have started recently, so they never got it done. I believe that's the first request they will get, and hopefully soon.

Anastasik

Star Member
Jun 1, 2015
Toronto
Hello everyone,me and my husband had applied at the same time in June. My husband applied for his parents and I applied for my mum. In October, I received an email that death certificate of my father is missing which I had sent to them to the email specified. Since then, I haven't received any email so I contacted IRCC and got a reply that my file is still not processed. That's the reason I can't even link it online. Does anyone know how long will it take to process?

On the other hand, my husband got biometrics followed by medical email about 2 weeks ago for my in laws. They didn't ask for PCC, I am not sure why. My in laws are coming on visitor visa in March here. I am sure during their stay, they will get PPR. Can we send the passports while they are here in Canada? Right now, their visa office assigned is Mississauga. But who knows how long will it take for PPR.

2 different situations, please help!! Thanks
If they are in Canada they can send passports to Ottawa

kbanatwala

Jan 17, 2014
Has anyone got this from CIC. for additional document request.

- Marriage photos
- All previous passports for both husband and wife which may have each other's names listed
- old identity/government issued documents which may list each other's names as spouses.

I received this yesterday. I got SA approval on Feb 14 and on Feb 17 received additional document request.

Usually in Wife's document you can find husband name, what to submit for Husband's document to show wife name. Will be submitting them all the previous passport which has name. But what to do for Old identity / government issued documents which may list each other's names as spouses.

Marriage certificate was submitted with the application for PA and dependent (spouse).

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese

Last edited:
Reactions: garry_

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Has anyone got this from CIC. for additional document request.

- Marriage photos
- All previous passports for both husband and wife which may have each other's names listed
- old identity/government issued documents which may list each other's names as spouses.

I received this yesterday. I got SA approval on Feb 14 and on Feb 17 received additional document request.

Usually in Wife's document you can find husband name, what to submit for Husband's document to show wife name. Will be submitting them all the previous passport which has name. But what to do for Old identity / government issued documents which may list each other's names as spouses.

Marriage certificate was submitted with the application for PA and dependent (spouse).
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: 341
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • PR decision made date :
  • PPR date :
  • Comment / additional information :

kulb

Feb 11, 2018
The IME will not be submitted to ircc till all tests completed. In your case just wait 2 months then phone them to confirm the result is negative. Within 10 days medical will be shown passed
Thanks very much for this info. I will follow up with the PP after 2 months.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Is this true?
"Medicals done for TRV / Visa Extention / applications does not count for PR even if it is less than 1 year. For PR you will have to redo the medicals."

As per my knowledge "Any Medical’s done are valid for all categories as long as it’s less than a year old "
BUT in Facebook RCIC agent said "Medicals done for TRV / Visa Extention / applications does not count for PR even if it is less than 1 year. For PR you will have to redo the medicals."

Last edited: