+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

taherkhan

Star Member
Oct 24, 2019
Hi, my parents had their biometrics taken at Lahore, Pakistan VAC yesterday. If someone has experience providing the biometrics at Lahore or elsewhere in Pakistan, I would appreciate if you could respond to the following questions please, thanks:

1. For my mother, the VAC typed Mr. instead of Mrs. and my parents found that out only after they came back from the VAC office. Is this a big deal?

2. The collected biometrics were sent to the IRCC office in Islamabad as per tracking numbers. Is that normal? The applications will be processed at the London, UK visa office. Would they forward the biometrics to the London VO from Islamabad?

3. When asked from the VAC folks, they said that it would take about 20-25 days for the biometrics' processing to complete. Don't they send a soft copy of these to the London VO? When do I expect to see an update on the online MyCIC account?

Thanks and appreciated.
Regards,
Taher

dhillozcanada22

Star Member
Jun 24, 2016
just sent all the documents requested by IRCC.. PCC/Resumes/passport copies/travel history/country specific document- Marksheets/aadhaar/PAN...

do we get any email confirmation of documents received??or should I follow up with them in few days??

My parents Medicals and Biometric enrollment is scheduled on FEB 10th ......

any inputs on further steps would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance....
hello - did you email or mailed the documents?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hello need help.
i got an email from IRCC that i qualify for sponsoring my parents. but my file is transferred to delhi office in india. my parents are on visitor visa here which i tried to extent and got it approved for 6 more months. for this visitors extension i have to do a medical. will it be considered for parents pr sponsoring?
why they transfered my parents PR file to delhi? its been already 1 year . how much more time?

pls help?
Hasn’t been a year yet since applications were sent in in May/June. Posted processing times are 12-24 months so you’re still within processing times. Not much you can do but wait. Many have been processed in less than 1 year. Your parents can be processed through India even if they are in Canada. They can request send in their passport in Canada when approved.

dennizgb

Star Member
Feb 23, 2014
Just an update from us. We received emails from CIC. Application was received June 12th, now is in process. First email is that we need to re-sent IMM5669 and IMM5604 form for my spouse brother. I can't recall if we they didn't had original signature or they were not validated at the time.
We were using old format forms and validation didn't work, even when re-writing the whole form. We sent it as it was with explanation that we tried to validate it but it didn't work. It may be that he just signed and sent it to us scanned, so not original signature/form.
Anyway, it says in the email that we have to sent them again those forms(only her brother), validated and with original signature. Now when I look at the forms there is no anywhere to validate them? Is that right?

Second email was biometric requirements for parents.

Last edited:

Vic R

Mar 23, 2016
Did you recieve a communication from CPC-M about file transfer to NDVO? Do you know the reason for this transfer at this late stage?
My parents file was transferred on 29 Nov and status remains unchanged to "Application Received". We ordered GCMS notes and noted that as my father couldn't provide PCC for Kuwait and Iraq where he worked in 70s and 80s his file was transferred to LVO-NDVO for further processing.
@vermas Can you advise how to order GCMS notes. my mom did biometrics in Dec just before Christmas, it's more than a month with no response from NDVO. In fact, her detailed status shows fingerprints not received. The webform inquiry's response was that they have received fingerprints.
I am waiting for DM/PPR but keeping fingers crossed.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
@vermas Can you advise how to order GCMS notes. my mom did biometrics in Dec just before Christmas, it's more than a month with no response from NDVO. In fact, her detailed status shows fingerprints not received. The webform inquiry's response was that they have received fingerprints.
I am waiting for DM/PPR but keeping fingers crossed.
You still have to wait couple of weeks for DM. May 22nd was going last wk.

Yycguy

Jan 29, 2020
Hello,

It's been 20days since I received the sponsorship approval letter, when I will be receiving medical or bio for my parents I was checking the link, people got bio before the approval letter.

ta0505

Star Member
Nov 13, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have submitted application for my parents on 19th June 2019.
Got an email from CIC on 27th Nov 2019 saying "Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019". I am waiting for next response from CIC. Will it be PCC and Medical request or there will be an email regarding evaluation of finances of sponsors?When is the next response expected based on my application timelines?

Actually I am planning to bring my mother only to Canada this month for next 5 months. She is the secondary applicant. I hope we can send medical and PPR separately since my mother will be in Canada and father will be in India.

Thanks in advance.

Reactions: pegmog

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hi Friends,

I have a question and I really appreciate it if you could respond. I am very concerned.

I have sent the application on June 17, 2019. I have not received the letter regarding my approval as a sponsor yet. My application status is "application received" only.
My husband (who is my co-signer as well) is changing his job, he was an employee with a company but now he is leaving his current job and he wants to work as a Contractor. Should I notify CIC regarding his new employment status? Do you think his new employment status ( working as a contractor) would cause my parents any problem with the application? His pay in a new job as a contractor still meets the requirements for sponsorship.
Thank you so much

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
Got the passport request from NDVO.
Please tag @YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update your info in tracker
  • Line # in tracker: if applicable
  • Sponsored People:
  • Parents Country of Citizenship:
  • Sponsor Province:
  • Invitations Receive Date:
  • Application received in Ottawa Date:
  • AoR Received (DATE):
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application:
  • Ecas Status for PR Application.
  • Sponsorship In process Date:
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date:
  • Local Visa Office :
  • Biometric request :
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date :
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request:
  • Additional document / travel history request date :
  • Comment / additional information :

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hi Friends,
I have a question and I really appreciate it if you could respond. I am very concerned.

I have sent the application on June 17, 2019. I have not received the letter regarding my approval as a sponsor yet. My application status is "application received" only.
My husband (who is my co-signer as well) is changing his job, he was an employee with a company but now he is leaving his current job and he wants to work as a Contractor. Should I notify CIC regarding his new employment status? Do you think his new employment status ( working as a contractor) would cause my parents any problem with the application? His pay in a new job as a contractor still meets the requirements for sponsorship.
Thank you so much

pegmog

Star Member
May 29, 2019
Hi Guys,

I have submitted application for my parents on 19th June 2019.
Got an email from CIC on 27th Nov 2019 saying "Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2019". I am waiting for next response from CIC. Will it be PCC and Medical request or there will be an email regarding evaluation of finances of sponsors?When is the next response expected based on my application timelines?

Actually I am planning to bring my mother only to Canada this month for next 5 months. She is the secondary applicant. I hope we can send medical and PPR separately since my mother will be in Canada and father will be in India.

Thanks in advance.
I submitted my application on June 15, 2019, but I have not received any email/letter for sponsorship approval yet. That is my question as well, can the parents do the medical exam separately and can they do the medical exams in Canada?
Thank you