+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Perla2015

Jan 29, 2015
Hi,

I received an email from CIC requesting my parents travel history (IMM 5562). I filled out the form and when I wanted to upload the file on myCIC account, there was a following message (If you click on the (i) section of file upload, you'll see it):

You must provide information on your valid visa from the United States as well as previous travel history. This can include copies of

• your previous passports and/or visas (used within the last 10 years to travel outside your country)
  • entry and exit stamps
  • study and/or work permits that indicate your duration outside of your country
  • expired or valid visas
  • boarding passes
Now, I'm wondering if I need to submit my parents enter and exit stamps in addition to their travel history or not. In the actual email that they sent out, there was no ask to send the passport copies or visas, etc.

Kindly advise!
Thanks

kroduk

Star Member
Jul 21, 2012
Chandigarh, India
Please update

@YULIA-2016 @robertp @laxsun @jayeshaminnew @serious_cheese to add / update info
  • Line # in tracker: 409
  • Sponsored People: Parents
  • Parents Country of Citizenship: India
  • Sponsor Province: ON
  • Invitations Receive Date: 25 Apr 2019
  • Application received in Ottawa Date: 28 May 2019
  • AoR Received (DATE): 30 Sept 2019
  • Ecas Status for Sponsorship Application: Decision Made
  • Ecas Status for PR Application : In process
  • Sponsorship In process Date: 21 Oct 2019
  • Sponsorship Decision Made Date: 23 Oct 2019
  • Local Visa Office : NDVO , New Delhi
  • Biometric request : 22 Oct 2019
  • MyCIC update:
  • IME request date : 15 Jan 2020
  • IME Passed date:
  • PCC request: 15 Jan 2020
  • Additional document / travel history request date : 15 Jan 2020 - Travel History
  • Comment / additional information :

Reactions: robertp

Just4pgp2019

Dec 19, 2019
Did you recieve a communication from CPC-M about file transfer to NDVO? Do you know the reason for this transfer at this late stage?
My parents file was transferred on 29 Nov and status remains unchanged to "Application Received". We ordered GCMS notes and noted that as my father couldn't provide PCC for Kuwait and Iraq where he worked in 70s and 80s his file was transferred to LVO-NDVO for further processing.
yes I got the email from cpc m saying we will be transferring your file to ndvo on Jan 15.
I don’t know the reason why they trf file to ndvo.

but I found this

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/service-delivery/file-transfer.html

Reactions: vermas

hopefulcndn

Apr 26, 2019
just sent all the documents requested by IRCC.. PCC/Resumes/passport copies/travel history/country specific document- Marksheets/aadhaar/PAN...

do we get any email confirmation of documents received??or should I follow up with them in few days??

My parents Medicals and Biometric enrollment is scheduled on FEB 10th ......

any inputs on further steps would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance....

Perla2015

Jan 29, 2015
just sent all the documents requested by IRCC.. PCC/Resumes/passport copies/travel history/country specific document- Marksheets/aadhaar/PAN...

do we get any email confirmation of documents received??or should I follow up with them in few days??

My parents Medicals and Biometric enrollment is scheduled on FEB 10th ......

any inputs on further steps would be appreciated!! Thanks in advance....
were you asked to send the passport copies explicitly mentioned on the CIC email or you add them as a supporting documents to your travel history?

403 Waitubg for PNP

Jun 12, 2015
I have applied for my mother and got an email to provide additional documents, PCC, CV and other country specific documents. My mother is in canada on visitors visa and I can get her PCC here. But the question is- my mother also visited Australia on visitors visa 3 times. Every stay was under 90 days because she got entry only for 3 months. She was there in Australia for more than 6 months but her each stay was less than 90 days. Do I need to provide PCC for Australia as well?

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
I have applied for my mother and got an email to provide additional documents, PCC, CV and other country specific documents. My mother is in canada on visitors visa and I can get her PCC here. But the question is- my mother also visited Australia on visitors visa 3 times. Every stay was under 90 days because she got entry only for 3 months. She was there in Australia for more than 6 months but her each stay was less than 90 days. Do I need to provide PCC for Australia as well?
No

Chiya89

Star Member
Apr 7, 2017
Hi guys just received email requesting biometrics and Medical from NDVO. My parents lived in Canada for more than 6 months so I have to submit police clearance certificate from RCMP . My parents are in India these days . Just wondering how can I get this certificate from RCMP when they are in India . They have a PCC from RCMP which was issued in October 2019, can I just submit that . Will that be accepted?

RS91

Dec 4, 2018
BG check message status is not same for all applicant.
My case :
Background check : "We are processing your background check. We will send you a message if we need more information." since I linked my application ( June 2019) . Message never changed till date.
In my case it started showing like this after DM on applicant side. So not sure how they handle this aspect.

Last edited:

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Hi guys just received email requesting biometrics and Medical from NDVO. My parents lived in Canada for more than 6 months so I have to submit police clearance certificate from RCMP . My parents are in India these days . Just wondering how can I get this certificate from RCMP when they are in India . They have a PCC from RCMP which was issued in October 2019, can I just submit that . Will that be accepted?
PCC from Canada is not required. IRCC will do it as part of the security check.

bdidol

Champion Member
Jun 2, 2019
Saw some posts regarding VAC's in China, below is the information:

VACs in mainland China are temporarily closed
To prevent further spread of the Coronavirus the VACs in mainland China are closed until further notice.

If you had an appointment, the VAC will contact you to reschedule it, after the VAC reopens.