+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

respect2019

Jan 29, 2019
Just a question for everyone..
are you guys working on forms now OR you will wait for invitation and then later fill the forms?

Any idea or suggestions?

Dainik

Star Member
Feb 24, 2019
Just a question for everyone..
are you guys working on forms now OR you will wait for invitation and then later fill the forms?

Any idea or suggestions?
Work on the forms. They might update them but atleast you have the names and history of parents and grandparents filled in. And then copy paste to new ones. Also while working on forms you will know which documents you need.

ritunz_canada

Star Member
Jul 21, 2014
If ircc are taking that much time. They will be weeding out people who have made mistakes. They did it last year as well in round 3 as they had a lot of time to do it.

For people who have been selected ask ircc on twitter,tag them so that emails are sent sooner. Else rebuild pgp group will ruin it for many people here !

Just my 2 cents .

mbatta

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
If the parents are on super visa and currently in Canada. Can the application be processed while they in Canada. As the police clearance and medicals can also be done while they are here in Canada. If they have stayed more than six months in Canada on super visa do we need police clearance from Canada RCMP too

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
If the parents are on super visa and currently in Canada. Can the application be processed while they in Canada. As the police clearance and medicals can also be done while they are here in Canada. If they have stayed more than six months in Canada on super visa do we need police clearance from Canada RCMP too
Yes, your parents will need the police clearance from RCMP as well if they have lived in Canada for more then 6 months.

ankz001

Sep 21, 2017
Hello Fellow Members,

I submitted interest to sponsor my parents on Jan 28, 2019 for PGP2019.

I read the application forms to be prepared with the information (In the event that I get invited to apply).
My family dynamics is as follows -

Myself - Sponsor (I am single)
My Father - Principal Applicant
My Mother - Dependent

While studying the forms, I have come up with following questions -

a. In form IMM0008 (Generic Application Form for Canada)

Application Details -
Question 3 - How many family members, including you, are on this application?

My answer is 2. I am pretty confident about this but still would appreciate if somebody give me 2nd opinion on this.

Personal Details -
Question 3 - UCI
. I guess I have to leave it blank as I do not have a UCI number yet. (Please confirm this as I am not sure).
Question 10 - Current country of residence of my parents is Canada on status Visitor (Parents Super-Visa). However I do not understand the "From & To part" Should I put total duration time of Super-Visa for parents?

Question - Further in the form it asks - "Do you have a national identity document?" What document would be considered a National Identity Document for an Indian Citizen (East Indian).

I would really appreciate if someone could clarify my doubts and point me in the right direction.

Thanks in advance!
Have a nice day!
Following is my suggestion to your questions:
.2 is correct answer.
.UCI- should be for your parents. If they are already on super visa, they will have this number on their approved visa application/ passport request letter.
.Current country of residence should be Canada. (I have similar confusion like you to put on "to" portion since my mum is also in Canada currently and don't know till when)
.Answer should be No for national identity document

Reactions: Nishiminami