+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the parents are on super visa and currently in Canada. Can the application be processed while they in Canada. As the police clearance and medicals can also be done while they are here in Canada. If they have stayed more than six months in Canada on super visa do we need police clearance from Canada RCMP too
yes application can be processed while they are in Canada as long as you provide all the required documents at this stage. But they may need to return to Their home country before immigration status will be issued to them. Because their case will be forward to local office of their country of resident.
You do not need to get police clearance from Canada. They need Police clearance from the country of their resident. They are Visitor to Canada.

Last edited:

mbatta

Star Member
Mar 7, 2019
yes application can be processed while they are in Canada as long as you provide all the required documents at this stage. But they may need to return to Their home country before immigration status will be issued to them. Because their case will be forward to local office of their country of resident.
You do not need to get police clearance from Canada. They need Police clearance from the country of their resident. They are Visitor to Canada

Thanks Garry2008 for your response.
We send the application to Ottawa and from there they would be forwarding the case to the country of resident. Any idea about Presence in country of resident will only be required if she is called for an interview back home, right? Can you think of any other reason when she would be required to present in Home country.

Reactions: ZOYAMAN13

mydesire

Star Member
Mar 31, 2009
Ottawa
Forms has been updated, but I still feel something is wrong with PGP 2019. Everyday I check IRCC twitter to get updates and I noticed that many people ask IRCC on when are they going to send invitations or updates on the program. Their answer is the same everyday (we cannot comment.....) I know we are not entitled to this program and it is a privilege to sponsor our parents. But, if they gives us hope atleast don't leave us hannging in the air.

sagar416

Star Member
Jan 29, 2019
That is false , why answer a question when you don't know the answer ?

See the following link:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=037&top=4
SuperVisa holder can stay in Canada for more than 6 months and I assumed this guy's Mom lived for that time. IMO you should check the PGP Application guide and in my experience all international students who have studied here are going through RCMP fingerprint check for their PR. You can also refer to the link below which states that it may be required and CIC will not take any chance considering the security conditions in world right now.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=857&top=4

proudian

Mar 17, 2017
Hey Guy!
Can anyone tell me, did CIC started sending invitations for Parents and Grandparents programme? I came to know from my friends that it has been started?

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
Hey Guy!
Can anyone tell me, did CIC started sending invitations for Parents and Grandparents programme? I came to know from my friends that it has been started?
Really? That would be good news for some here!

You're the first to say anything about invitations already going out for 2019. So far no one else has said anything. I haven't got anything either.

Reactions: Nishiminami

makbar24

Jan 26, 2009
Hi everyone , I have a quick question, please share your understanding on it. My mom is living with me as Super visitor. I can see her application for PR will be processed while in Canada. But Question is: 1)Should I mention her address in Canada or back home address in the Application. If I mention her Canadian Address, will all the communication will be based on Canadian Address ? 2) What is the chance that her file will be transfer to Ottawa rather local office of the country? I have seen lot of people's application was processed thru Ottawa rather local office of country. 3) if it processed thru Ottawa, all the communication will be based on which address?

Please share if you have experience on this situation or you have ever came cross to know from you others. I will really appreciated any light on it.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks Garry2008 for your response.
We send the application to Ottawa and from there they would be forwarding the case to the country of resident. Any idea about Presence in country of resident will only be required if she is called for an interview back home, right? Can you think of any other reason when she would be required to present in Home country.
Well it can be Interview, Police Clarence and Probably medical checkup before issue of visa. Although now medical is sent online to Visa office but need to clarify on this. but this process will take almost 2 year so you should not worry because if they are on Super visa then they can stay 2 year max per visit.

Garry2008

Jun 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone , I have a quick question, please share your understanding on it. My mom is living with me as Super visitor. I can see her application for PR will be processed while in Canada. But Question is: 1)Should I mention her address in Canada or back home address in the Application. If I mention her Canadian Address, will all the communication will be based on Canadian Address ? 2) What is the chance that her file will be transfer to Ottawa rather local office of the country? I have seen lot of people's application was processed thru Ottawa rather local office of country. 3) if it processed thru Ottawa, all the communication will be based on which address?

Please share if you have experience on this situation or you have ever came cross to know from you others. I will really appreciated any light on it.
(1) Their address is still their home country. They are visitor to Canada as Super visa is just another form of visitor visa with extended time to stay in Canada.
(2) There are no Chance to transfer their file to Ottawa rather than their home country visa office because files are transferred based on Country of permanent resident for Parents immigration.
(3) This is not applicable.