+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

harry112358

Feb 6, 2017
No they don't need the letter, my friend applied 2 weeks ago and got it in 5 to 6 working days.
I just called them again and to quote "If you are on visitor visa and applying for PCC, we need to see the letter from CIC. not when you are on Work/student visa"
Your friend applied for himself or for the parents?

zeiesfirdaus

Jan 28, 2019
I just called them again and to quote "If you are on visitor visa and applying for PCC, we need to see the letter from CIC. not when you are on Work/student visa"
I believe they want to see the letter from CIC where it says please provide PCC.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
On same boat, Stuck in Application received April 30th in Ecas, no documents requested yet.
Talk to a consultant just yesterday and he mentioned that if the agent find any thing she is not sure, she will put a note to review it later in 30-90 days so the file went to sleep mode while the process other cases and will remind her later. This is extremely unfair I believe and you can only find it out if you get the CAIPS notes when they put something like "check later in 30 days" code. For now I am worried any case before 3 May that have not heard anything maybe in sleep mode. The problem is if we request for CAIPS notes then it takes 90 days to get a response which is too late to find out. I would not bother checking this any more, the whole process is so unfair, any minor issue will put your application to bottom of the queue. Maybe we just need to wait and let fate decide, if our parents can join us then we can be happy, if not just be patient.

abb12

Jun 26, 2019
Talk to a consultant just yesterday and he mentioned that if the agent find any thing she is not sure, she will put a note to review it later in 30-90 days so the file went to sleep mode while the process other cases and will remind her later. This is extremely unfair I believe and you can only find it out if you get the CAIPS notes when they put something like "check later in 30 days" code. For now I am worried any case before 3 May that have not heard anything maybe in sleep mode. The problem is if we request for CAIPS notes then it takes 90 days to get a response which is too late to find out. I would not bother checking this any more, the whole process is so unfair, any minor issue will put your application to bottom of the queue. Maybe we just need to wait and let fate decide, if our parents can join us then we can be happy, if not just be patient.
I second you and feel for you - I am going through same, and just thinking about this process gives me heartburns.

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
On same boat, Stuck in Application received April 30th in Ecas, no documents requested yet.
We have 78 entries in the sheet with application delivered between 26th April to 3rd May. 27 are sponsor approval, 22 are in-process and 29 are app received or not available. So only on third of applications delivered before 3rd May are decision made. I know other two third are bit anxious but I hope we get SA soon.

Reactions: UserCAD

vivek_vig

May 27, 2013
You may be right,,,my friend is on work permit.

robertp

VIP Member
Jan 29, 2019
Canada
@abb12 in your case:
CIC requested 2 Form on July 2nd with 30 days notice. they have to check status in 30 days requested document received or not. ( 30 to 90 days going to sleep mode not possible in your case as CIC already asked to provide missing or required document within 30 days time frame.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Canada_Super

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
This would explain lot of exceptions we see in our tracker.

abb12

Jun 26, 2019
@abb12 in your case:
CIC requested 2 Form on July 2nd with 30 days notice. they have to check status in 30 days requested document received or not. ( 30 to 90 days going to sleep mode not possible in your case as CIC already asked to provide missing or required document within 30 days time frame.)
I called the call centre, and they confirmed documents have been received. But they will be reviewed in next 30-60 days.

Reactions: YamPower

kinetic2214

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2013
Doc's Request.
22-May-2014
AOR Received.
11-Dec-2013
Med's Request
20-May-2014
Med's Done....
14-July-2014
Passport Req..
21-Nov-2014
VISA ISSUED...
01-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
02-Feb-2015
for those of you who got different requests, did you get emails about SA decisions? does it tell you its approved or is it just implied?
I never got SA email, it is visible on ECAS only.

snganu

Oct 2, 2011
I called the call centre, and they confirmed documents have been received. But they will be reviewed in next 30-60 days.
OK, so the mystery is unraveling as to why there are exceptions with some applications. This 30-60 days review sucks but it is what it is.
Looks like applications that are extremely clean (non complex in IRCC terms), with no additional documents or concerns are getting processed faster.

Reactions: YamPower

kinetic2214

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-Nov-2013