+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Discussion in 'Family Class Sponsorship' started by Garry2008, Feb 11, 2019.

1. For those who are Chinese in the forum, any one knows if CIC requires copy of Chinese household registry (or “Hukou”)? I think I saw some were requested and some weren’t - it’s not consistent. If they do request it for all Chinese nationals, does CIC request it before sponsorship approval or after?

2. Anyone else calling IRCC tom? What is the earliest time you can call? Hoping they'll find my file tomorrow.

3. I was required SA/DM 1 before by CPC-M. But this request has nothing to do with Sponsor eligibility, it's for applicant.

4. If your case transfers to Hong Kong, hukou ben will be very likely to be required.

5. @robertp @YULIA-2016
    Line 15
    IME - Jul 15

I know a ton of people received IME today, thanks for the hard work!

YamPower and robertp like this.
  6. robertp likes this.
  7. What's the update for people with application received in Ottawa June 3rd? I'm trying to log in online using my UCI and DOB but nothing is showing as yet?

8. You need to wait for 3 to 4 weeks. People who sent their application upto May17 can see the status now.

9. @robertp please correct in-process on line#33 to June 26, 2019

robertp likes this.
  10. Wouldn’t give people false hopes. There is still things like background checks that take time. Often things go quickly at the beginning and then slow down.:)

11. Assume you are aware that regular EI payments don’t count towards LICO.

YVR123 likes this.
  12. Ahh...the great debate about the EI. I hope this person's income without the EI will meet the LICO, otherwise we are waiting for a rejection.

13. Not a debate. Just the reality.

14. I was referring to the previous debate/discussion on this thread about the "EI".

15. Anyone has experience doing biometrics in the USA? After enduring wait and crazy paperwork our parents were finally granted visitor visas. We have not received the biometric request though but status on ecas is DM so just need to be prepared

Canada_Super and ankz001 like this.