+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2019

Usernametaken999

Sep 20, 2018
For those who are Chinese in the forum, any one knows if CIC requires copy of Chinese household registry (or “Hukou”)? I think I saw some were requested and some weren’t - it’s not consistent. If they do request it for all Chinese nationals, does CIC request it before sponsorship approval or after?

DC1018

Star Member
Feb 18, 2017
For those who are Chinese in the forum, any one knows if CIC requires copy of Chinese household registry (or “Hukou”)? I think I saw some were requested and some weren’t - it’s not consistent. If they do request it for all Chinese nationals, does CIC request it before sponsorship approval or after?
I was required SA/DM 1 before by CPC-M. But this request has nothing to do with Sponsor eligibility, it's for applicant.

xiaomin

Apr 24, 2019
If your case transfers to Hong Kong, hukou ben will be very likely to be required.

Lobster_a

Jun 27, 2019
What's the update for people with application received in Ottawa June 3rd? I'm trying to log in online using my UCI and DOB but nothing is showing as yet?

vivek_vig

Star Member
May 27, 2013
What's the update for people with application received in Ottawa June 3rd? I'm trying to log in online using my UCI and DOB but nothing is showing as yet?
You need to wait for 3 to 4 weeks. People who sent their application upto May17 can see the status now.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
At this kind of speed I would not be surprised if you get PPR next month assuming you submit them by next week. Wow!
Wouldn’t give people false hopes. There is still things like background checks that take time. Often things go quickly at the beginning and then slow down.:)

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Anyone has experience doing biometrics in the USA? After enduring wait and crazy paperwork our parents were finally granted visitor visas. We have not received the biometric request though but status on ecas is DM so just need to be prepared