Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi everyone,

I have one issue I'd like to ask. My wife submitted the form to be considered right on Jan 02 when the it was open. The issue is she didn't get any confirmation email/number, and until now she still hasn't got it. Is this really an issue with CIC? Or is it normal?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can reply.
It display the confirmation/registration number on the screen on that day. May be your wife missed . I had take screenshot also photo and sent an email to my self for record. Yes, there is no email sent for confirmation. Not a surprise, CIC make things complicated some times .Sorry :(

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi All,

Are there two threads exists for Parents Sponsorship for 2018? It seems there was another one. Does any one know?

Thanks

jn0t703

Nov 15, 2013
It display the confirmation/registration number on the screen on that day. May be your wife missed . I had take screenshot also photo and sent an email to my self for record. Yes, there is no email sent for confirmation. Not a surprise, CIC make things complicated some times .Sorry :(
Thank you! You've made my wife's life a little easier. I guess we will have to wait until they release the selected confirmation numbers and call them to ask.

Amandeep Singh Sran

Star Member
Mar 6, 2017
I have a question for a whole group. Do you think that the pgp program should be a merit based program like all other immigration streams. Have a point based system with different metrics like more points if you are eligible for a longer period of time or have been living in Canada for a longer duration or someone with single parents or the only child gets more point. Won't that make it a "fair" system than this lottery. There will be hundreds of lucky people who will get selected in their first go while there will be thousands of unlucky ones who did not get it last year and may not get it this year as well.

Toronto-Citizen

Oct 11, 2017
I have a question for a whole group. Do you think that the pgp program should be a merit based program like all other immigration streams. Have a point based system with different metrics like more points if you are eligible for a longer period of time or have been living in Canada for a longer duration or someone with single parents or the only child gets more point. Won't that make it a "fair" system than this lottery. There will be hundreds of lucky people who will get selected in their first go while there will be thousands of unlucky ones who did not get it last year and may not get it this year as well.
I totally agree that it must be a merit-based system.

As it stands today, I am not sure if the most deserved people are the ones who get picked up in lottery.

Reactions: nayr69sg

nayr69sg

Champion Member
Apr 13, 2017
It sounds like an idea to me. But Canadians generally want to have everything allocated based on equal opportunity for all. So it won't stand.

Although it begs the question why other immigration streams have it.

The discussion often then veers towards how PGP is a drain on the healthcare system and costs tax payers. But then when you argue that some of the PGP do have skills and have things to contribute to Canada eg influx of money to buy homes, appliances, furniture, cars, and will also have their estates taxed upon demise thus favoring the higher SES groups for PGP they will then jump back to saying EQUAL FOR ALL NO DISCRIMINATION PLEASE.

And it jumps back and forth in that manner.

Let it be the lottery. No merit based. Perhaps some tweaks to people who have been trying for a longer time. Eg for each failed year you applied you get an extra lottery entry(ies) the following year. Or people who have been in Canada longer. Eg 1 extra entry per NOA you can produce in addition to the required past 3 years.

kuruvillaaslp

Mar 10, 2014
Hi all,
How can we know when CIC invite next online application for parents sponsorship ? Can anyone let me know please ? We have landed on Nov 2014 and when we file 2017 income tax, we have three consecutive year's income eligibility. So please advice. how to go about it...
TIA

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi all,
How can we know when CIC invite next online application for parents sponsorship ? Can anyone let me know please ? We have landed on Nov 2014 and when we file 2017 income tax, we have three consecutive year's income eligibility. So please advice. how to go about it...
TIA
The lottery opens once a year. It will open again in January 2020.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So i cannot apply till 2020 ?
Sorry - not enough coffee yet. Wrong year.

You'll be able to enter the lottery in January 2019 and hope you are selected. Only a limited number of applications are accepted each year.

If you are selected, you will then be able to submit the application to sponsor your parents in March to May of 2019.

You cannot do anything until then.

kuruvillaaslp

Mar 10, 2014
Sorry - not enough coffee yet. Wrong year.

You'll be able to enter the lottery in January 2019 and hope you are selected. Only a limited number of applications are accepted each year.

If you are selected, you will then be able to submit the application to sponsor your parents in March to May of 2019.

You cannot do anything until then.
So its all based on Luck, nothing else matters, i suppose.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So its all based on Luck, nothing else matters, i suppose.
Well - your income definitely matters. You cannot sponsor unless you meet the income requirements. Your parents will also have to pass a medical to be approved.

However yes - the lottery is purely based on luck.