Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Hey, I have been trying to call CIC lately, but no luck. For LICO, I am 1500$ short in 2015, but with significantly higher incomes in 2016 and 2017. I have been invited for Sponsorship from the draw, and want to sponsor both my parents. Anyway, can I still apply, or I absolutely have to meet all 3 years for LICO for all 4 family members?

If no then WHAT'S MY BEST BET NOW? APPLY ANYWAY, WITH AN EXPLANATION LETTER MAYBE?
Why do you think you are special and should be exempted from the rules?? They rules are there for a reason. You don't qualify and any app you submit will be rejected, Too bad your spot didn't go to someone who was not picked in teh lottery and actually read the rules first to make sure they qualified.

Reactions: YVR123

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
I have been invited to apply to sponsor my parents this year - yay! Currently working my way through the application but have some questions and can't get through to IRCC on the phone. Hopefully some of you nice folks might have some insight! Do i have my parents fill out their forms, and then mail those + supporting docs to me and then i send everything in together? Or do they mail in their stuff from the UK and i mail in mine separately from within Canada? Do supporting documents have to be certified copies? In the document checklist it just says "photocopy of". Also, does anyone know what the time lines are for application processing? Thanks in advance!
Everything goes into 1 package that is mailed to IRCC.

You only needs certified copies if the guide/checklist specifically asks for certified copies. If it just says photocopy, then a regular photocopy is fine.

Note that ALL copies of original docs not in Engligh/French so including a translation, must be certified copies.

pjfen

Apr 5, 2018
Everything goes into 1 package that is mailed to IRCC.

You only needs certified copies if the guide/checklist specifically asks for certified copies. If it just says photocopy, then a regular photocopy is fine.

Note that ALL copies of original docs not in Engligh/French so including a translation, must be certified copies.
Great, thanks so much for your quick reply - much appreciated!! :)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
mon frère et moi vivons sous le même toît à Québec. pour augmenter la chance , j'ai postulé pour parrainer maman et lui le papa, j'ai eu la chance d'être sélectionné mais pas lui. Merci svp m'aider à parrainer les deux parents sachant que mon revenu n'est pas suffisant pour les deux mais largement suffisant si mon frère est cosignataire.... et merci d'avance
Ce n'est pas possible d'être cosignataire avec un frere. Aussi ce n'est pas possible de "sponsor seulement" un parent si vos parents sont maries.

gladaki

Champion Member
Jul 15, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2013
AOR Received.
30-12-2013
IELTS Request
submitted with application
Med's Done....
Upfront on 29th April..Updated on Ecas on 26th May
Passport Req..
11-07-2014
VISA ISSUED...
17-07-2014
LANDED..........
20-07-2014
Hi All!

I have a quick question, My parents dont have there Marriage certificate and Birth certificates.
Can we submit Affidavit and passport pages for above two ?

Thanks

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Why do you think you are special and should be exempted from the rules?? They rules are there for a reason. You don't qualify and any app you submit will be rejected, Too bad your spot didn't go to someone who was not picked in teh lottery and actually read the rules first to make sure they qualified.
Whatever you said makes sense. And yes, I should have absolutely make sure to verify my LICO before applying and before taking someone's spot. I do feel bad and guilty for this mistake and I am devastated for losing this opportunity by a small amount. I just assumed that my LICO is good enough, and I am short just by 1200$ in 2015, but 2016 and 2017 is almost 15000-20000 more. They don't take average don't they, right?

What're my options now, wait for next year? Would they even draw me again?

Also, there is no case-by-case situation right? one less year in LICO means it will be a straight NO? b/c CIC agent told me I can try my luck, which is very tempting.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Whatever you said makes sense. And yes, I should have absolutely make sure to verify my LICO before applying and before taking someone's spot. I do feel bad and guilty for this mistake and I am devastated for losing this opportunity by a small amount. I just assumed that my LICO is good enough, and I am short just by 1200$ in 2015, but 2016 and 2017 is almost 15000-20000 more. They don't take average don't they, right?

What're my options now, wait for next year? Would they even draw me again?

Also, there is no case-by-case situation right? one less year in LICO means it will be a straight NO? b/c CIC agent told me I can try my luck, which is very tempting.
No, they don't take averages. If you are short by even $1 in any of the years, the app will be rejected. But by all means you can choose to submit an app and pay the processing fees if you really want.

You can abandon your lottery pick this year, and attempt to enter lottery in January 2019.

tracyjulien

May 17, 2018
Does anyone know what the processing time is for the 2018 parent and grandparent intake process? I looked at the processing time on the website and it said right now they are processing applications received in January 2014so that's 4+ years. Is it supposed to be the same for the 2018 parent and grandparent intake process as well?

kenjeet

May 21, 2016
Hi Guys
I applieed for my mom in may 2018. I received AOR and sponsor approval in June 2018. My mom is living in canada on super visa. Her file is transfered to new delhi. Can anyone please let me know if she has to go back India for her medical or pcc.

Thanks in advance

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys
I applieed for my mom in may 2018. I received AOR and sponsor approval in June 2018. My mom is living in canada on super visa. Her file is transfered to new delhi. Can anyone please let me know if she has to go back India for her medical or pcc.

Thanks in advance
Hi, Congrats on AOR.. Is there a sheet we're tracking from PGP? I applied for my parents last month and the CIC received my file on May 20th, however no email yet.. Also, do you know if both Sponsor and Principal Applicant will get the email or just Principal Applicant?

ashique_tas

Jan 23, 2011
Bangladesh
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-10
Doc's Request.
25-06-10
Nomination.....
25-06-2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR @ 25-06-10;2nd AOR @ 12-10-10
IELTS Request
25-06-10
File Transfer...
26-09-10;Updated docs sent on 21st Feb,2012.
Med's Request
Issued @ 5th July,2012.Received@17th July,2012 By the grace of Almighty Allah!!
Med's Done....
21st July,2012;received by SGVO @ 25th July & docs reached at 2nd Aug by the grace of Allah
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
By the grace of Allah 19.09.2012
VISA ISSUED...
By the grace of Allah 29.10.2012
LANDED..........
By the grace of Allah 4th Feb,2013.

karthik.andhamil

Jun 19, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
Category........
FAM
Hi Guys

Thanks in advance
As far as I know, you could goto BLS International in Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver and apply for PCC. For medicals you can do anywhere in the world from IRCC authorized doctor. Even if she gets passport request while she living in Canada, you could send the passport to Ottawa office. So, I don't think, she would ever has to go to India for anything except her supervisa expired.

kenjeet

May 21, 2016
As far as I know, you could goto BLS International in Ottawa, Toronto, Vancouver and apply for PCC. For medicals you can do anywhere in the world from IRCC authorized doctor. Even if she gets passport request while she living in Canada, you could send the passport to Ottawa office. So, I don't think, she would ever has to go to India for anything except her supervisa expired.
thanks a lot

pjfen

Apr 5, 2018
I also applied to sponsor my parents this year, but haven't heard anything yet. What is the AOR? And is it received via email?

homi2285

Oct 28, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo / Ottawa office
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2011
File Transfer...
06-09-2011
Med's Done....
before sending the application in July 2011
Passport Req..
21-12-2012
Hi everyone,
I sent my sponsorship application for my parents on May 15th (already tracked package through Canada Post that it was delivered the next day). I haven't received any emails from IRCC regarding the application and couldn't find a way to track it online. Tried calling the call centre number but couldn't get to any agent. Any tips on how to track down the application? is it normal that I haven't received any confirmation through email regarding receiving or processing of the application yet?
Any insights would be helpful. thanks in advance