+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and grandparents Sponsorship 2018

coolit

Mar 21, 2014
Hi guys thank God got selected too, are they started emailing you guys I didn’t received any email yet. Good luck to us

yyztty

May 24, 2017
Canada
App. Filed.......
19-01-2017
AOR Received.
19-01-2017
Can someone please comment on the time it takes to get PR after submitting a complete application? I got an invitation to apply for my parent. The current timeline says that CIC is working on 2014 applications. Does this timeline applicable to the new lottery system candidate as well?

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
Hi there.. I received an invitation 3 days before and now preparing documents for my parents.

I have a big confusion while filling application for my father.

He was charged with one serious criminal offense recently Oct 2017 and was arrested and detained in Jail for few days. it was a false charge, and now the case is over and he has proven no guilty by court.

In this scenario what I should be mentioning for below questions -
"application been detained, incarcerated or put in Jail".

"been convicted of , or are you currently charged with, on trial for , ..........or subject of any criminal proceeding in any country"

Please help me here.... Thank you.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi there.. I received an invitation 3 days before and now preparing documents for my parents.

I have a big confusion while filling application for my father.

He was charged with one serious criminal offense recently Oct 2017 and was arrested and detained in Jail for few days. it was a false charge, and now the case is over and he has proven no guilty by court.

In this scenario what I should be mentioning for below questions -
"application been detained, incarcerated or put in Jail".

"been convicted of , or are you currently charged with, on trial for , ..........or subject of any criminal proceeding in any country"

Please help me here.... Thank you.
He needs to answer "Yes" to having been detained and provide the legal documents from the court.

jazz_swty

Star Member
Nov 11, 2013
He needs to answer "Yes" to having been detained and provide the legal documents from the court.
Thanks. He received a legal document from court when case was finished. Is that sufficient or any additional documents will be required?

Also will it impact his PR application even if he was proven no guilty?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Thanks. He received a legal document from court when case was finished. Is that sufficient or any additional documents will be required?

Also will it impact his PR application even if he was proven no guilty?
You will have to wait and see if IRCC requests any further documents. It will possibly delay the app but will not cause a refusal.

VmalI@india

Sep 13, 2017
No complication. When you calculate LICO - you will both need to include yourself, your wife, her parents, your parents and any other dependents you have (e.g. children).
Hi , My family include wife and two kids, so if I want to apply for my parents, can you tell me the total number of persons in income table would be ?
and I should have maintained that amount for last 3 year right ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi , My family include wife and two kids, so if I want to apply for my parents, can you tell me the total number of persons in income table would be ?
5 people.

And yes - you must have made the minimum income for the past three years to qualify to sponsor your parents.

Reactions: moha57

moha57

Mar 31, 2018
mon frère et moi vivons sous le même toît à Québec. pour augmenter la chance , j'ai postulé pour parrainer maman et lui le papa, j'ai eu la chance d'être sélectionné mais pas lui. Merci svp m'aider à parrainer les deux parents sachant que mon revenu n'est pas suffisant pour les deux mais largement suffisant si mon frère est cosignataire.... et merci d'avance

Last edited:
Reactions: nayr69sg

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
You + spouse + 2 kids + 2 parents = family size of 6.

You need to meet income for family size of 6 (around $75K) for past 3 years in Canada, or just past 1 year if resident of Quebec.

theone

Star Member
Nov 1, 2006
Category........
Visa Office......
Damascus/Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
july2006
Doc's Request.
october 2010
File Transfer...
may2010
Med's Request
waiting
Med's Done....
waiting
Hi everyone,

I had a problem in downloading the application form to sponsor my parents, the message I receive says that my Adobe reader is unable to show the document. Not up to date

I had updated the software, and tried to download the form from different computers with no result. Did anyone face a similar problem??

Please advise,

Thank you

Last edited:

Randy.Orton

Star Member
Nov 12, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey, I have been trying to call CIC lately, but no luck. For LICO, I am 1500$ short in 2015, but with significantly higher incomes in 2016 and 2017. I have been invited for Sponsorship from the draw, and want to sponsor both my parents. Anyway, can I still apply, or I absolutely have to meet all 3 years for LICO for all 4 family members?

If no then WHAT'S MY BEST BET NOW? APPLY ANYWAY, WITH AN EXPLANATION LETTER MAYBE?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hey, I have been trying to call CIC lately, but no luck. For LICO, I am 1500$ short in 2015, but with significantly higher incomes in 2016 and 2017. I have been invited for Sponsorship from the draw, and want to sponsor both my parents. Anyway, can I still apply, or I absolutely have to meet all 3 years for LICO for all 4 family members?

If no then WHAT'S MY BEST BET NOW? APPLY ANYWAY, WITH AN EXPLANATION LETTER MAYBE?
You don't qualify and should not have submitted an interest form. Way to go on taking a spot away from someone who DOES qualify....

Reactions: YVR123

pjfen

Apr 5, 2018
I have been invited to apply to sponsor my parents this year - yay! Currently working my way through the application but have some questions and can't get through to IRCC on the phone. Hopefully some of you nice folks might have some insight! Do i have my parents fill out their forms, and then mail those + supporting docs to me and then i send everything in together? Or do they mail in their stuff from the UK and i mail in mine separately from within Canada? Do supporting documents have to be certified copies? In the document checklist it just says "photocopy of". Also, does anyone know what the time lines are for application processing? Thanks in advance!