+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and grandparents Sponsorship 2018

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I got my PR this november 2017. I have a job currently and much above the income level. Can I sponsor my parents right away or I will need to wait for 3 years before doing so.
You need to wait until you meet the income requirement for 3 years in a row unless you live in Quebec.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
HI GUYS,

Question, for this year I fill up form for the intention to sponsor parents, but worried about the 2015 income cut off we had 68,000 last 2015 we met the cut off for the 65,000 for 5 but plus 30% is what they said to be added we did not met. I am on Mat leave that year that is why income a bit lower.
is it necessary to add 30% ( on income ) plus the income cut off? Thank you.
The interest form already has the full LICO amount for parents. There is no additional 30%. So if your family size is 5 you need income of:
2017 $67,400
2016 $66,654
2015 $65,377

So you should be fine.

Pearl1

Mar 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my PR this november 2017. I have a job currently and much above the income level. Can I sponsor my parents right away or I will need to wait for 3 years before doing so.
if you were working in Canada for last 3 years (2015, 2016 and 2017) and meet income requirements for all these years, you can express your interest.

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
Easily answered by reading the basic requirements needed to sponsor.
Basic Requirements never mentioned about new comers/immigrants hence the question. thanks!!

spartanjsv

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
USA
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
20-06--2016
AOR Received.
07-04-2017
Med's Done....
22-06-2017
if you were working in Canada for last 3 years (2015, 2016 and 2017) and meet income requirements for all these years, you can express your interest.
Cool Thanks

MTLBoy

Oct 16, 2017
Question on financial capacity evaluation for Quebec Sponsor:

In CRA websites it tells:
"Sponsors living in Quebec
The government of Quebec is responsible for determining whether or not sponsors living in the province have the financial ability to sponsor family members and also the length of their undertaking. If the federal eligibility requirements are met, the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) will send the sponsor a letter with instructions to download the MIDI undertaking kit, then to complete and submit it to the MIDI with a copy of the letter from CPC-M."

Question: in regard to the bold italic line, does the minimum income requirements for the past 3 years remain applicable for Quebec sponsor? I am asking cause in the application form it tells differently as follows:
"The following table applies to residents of all provinces except Quebec. If you live in Quebec, the Quebec ministry in charge of immigration will assess your income."

But there is no indication for 3 years minimum income. It only talks about income limit between Jan 1, to Dec 31, of 2018. it is confusing.

In short: Do Quebec sponsors need to meet 3 years minimum income? Please answer if you have a reliable answer.

Thank you

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Question on financial capacity evaluation for Quebec Sponsor:

In CRA websites it tells:
"Sponsors living in Quebec
The government of Quebec is responsible for determining whether or not sponsors living in the province have the financial ability to sponsor family members and also the length of their undertaking. If the federal eligibility requirements are met, the Case Processing Centre in Mississauga (CPC-M) will send the sponsor a letter with instructions to download the MIDI undertaking kit, then to complete and submit it to the MIDI with a copy of the letter from CPC-M."

Question: in regard to the bold italic line, does the minimum income requirements for the past 3 years remain applicable for Quebec sponsor? I am asking cause in the application form it tells differently as follows:
"The following table applies to residents of all provinces except Quebec. If you live in Quebec, the Quebec ministry in charge of immigration will assess your income."

But there is no indication for 3 years minimum income. It only talks about income limit between Jan 1, to Dec 31, of 2018. it is confusing.

In short: Do Quebec sponsors need to meet 3 years minimum income? Please answer if you have a reliable answer.

Thank you
Quebec follows it's own financial rules, and to date still just requires 1 year of income meeting LICO. The Quebec website has their own financial requirements.

sameerverma

Star Member
Nov 11, 2012
Toronto
Visa Office......
Chandigarh
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-07-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
Pre Medical
Hi Guys,

I have few questions that I would like to clarify with you guys before I submit my form. Based on the rules I've read on the CIC website, I think I'm eligible but just wanted to double check to avoid any errors.

A little bit about me:
I'm single and living alone here in Canada and want to sponsor both of my parents. I've four members in my family including me (Mom, Dad, Sister, and myself). My sister is 21 years old and is currently living with my parents back home.

As per CRA Notice of assessment, My financial income (before taxes) is as follows:
2015- 69K
2016- 73K
2017- I was working full-time until June (with salary = 75K) but from July to Dec 17 started working as an independent contractor (self-employed). I normally pay myself every month a salary of around 4K(after taxes, gross is 5K). At the year-end (Mar 2018) of my company, will also pay my self a dividend and a bonus. Not sure if that counts though.

Here are my questions:

1- What is my family size? As per me, I think the count is 4, but I'm not sure if I should include my sister or not?

2- Do I satisfy the minimum income requirement for the year 2017?

Thanks in advance for your help.

andypatel

Star Member
May 27, 2010
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
does anyone gets email for 2018 parents sponsorship saying you are selected to apply.

deerestlovelybear

Jan 20, 2015
Hi Guys,

I have few questions that I would like to clarify with you guys before I submit my form. Based on the rules I've read on the CIC website, I think I'm eligible but just wanted to double check to avoid any errors.

A little bit about me:
I'm single and living alone here in Canada and want to sponsor both of my parents. I've four members in my family including me (Mom, Dad, Sister, and myself). My sister is 21 years old and is currently living with my parents back home.

As per CRA Notice of assessment, My financial income (before taxes) is as follows:
2015- 69K
2016- 73K
2017- I was working full-time until June (with salary = 75K) but from July to Dec 17 started working as an independent contractor (self-employed). I normally pay myself every month a salary of around 4K(after taxes, gross is 5K). At the year-end (Mar 2018) of my company, will also pay my self a dividend and a bonus. Not sure if that counts though.

Here are my questions:

1- What is my family size? As per me, I think the count is 4, but I'm not sure if I should include my sister or not?

2- Do I satisfy the minimum income requirement for the year 2017?

Thanks in advance for your help.
You cannot submit your form, this year application has been closed, wait till next year then

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
That's a good idea to start What's app group. However lets also post results,questions etc on this Forum as everyone may not want to share their phone numbers.

Reactions: Mandeepdalip

jn0t703

Nov 15, 2013
Hi everyone,

I have one issue I'd like to ask. My wife submitted the form to be considered right on Jan 02 when the it was open. The issue is she didn't get any confirmation email/number, and until now she still hasn't got it. Is this really an issue with CIC? Or is it normal?

Thanks in advance for anyone that can reply.

Mandeepdalip

Feb 7, 2018
That's a good idea to start What's app group. However lets also post results,questions etc on this Forum as everyone may not want to share their phone numbers.
Valid point. Anyone may join the group using the link, without sharing number in this forum. However in the whatsapp group, one can remain anonymous and can contribute at will.

Reactions: neeti2090