Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
@YULIA-2016

Finally the wait is over.... Received PPR Request Yesterday night, the ecas status is also decision made i.e. 24th May 2019

Row 158 update pls.
In your case medical was passed on April 8th. So seems Ottawa office took around 1 and half month for PPR after Medical passed. Is that understanding is correct?

Thank you

well79

Star Member
Oct 31, 2018
AOR: Dec 21st, 2018
Application Processing start date: March 19th, 2019
medical request: May 15th, 2019

seems processing is from Mississauga.
When were you approved as a sponsor? Medical request comes from LVO. You must have been approved first as a sponsor. Log in in ECAS with your (sponsor) credentials so you can see both columns for sponsor and applicant.

What does your GC Key say? It is quite more detailed there.

hj123

Star Member
Oct 14, 2013
In your case medical was passed on April 8th. So seems Ottawa office took around 1 and half month for PPR after Medical passed. Is that understanding is correct?

Thank you

Yes, the dates are correct hence the conclusion seems correct if we go by dates.

But I wouldn't go by that, if you will look I got the PCC request on 7th May and in certain other cases they asked it together as well as they did not even asked for PCC and made decision. the pattern seems unclear to me. So I cannot assure you that it would be the 100% case that it will be 1.5 months from Medical. Also there was a case that decision has been made but PPR received after almost 1 month from decision made.

I can only wish that it happens for everyone else that they may get it faster than 1.5 months :).

gayatri.kan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
iam trying to check the ecas status its not letting me to check
its for 2019 Parents sponsorship application can anyone help me on this?
thanks

funnybird7

May 24, 2019
It depends mostly on sputum test. Three consecutive sputum test is to see if there's any detectable culture in the sputum. If the sputum tested positive, your father would have been put on treatment plan immediately. So, his sputum test must have came back negative. But, they will grow culture from his sputum for two months and see if they can detect TB. If that came back positive, then he'd be placed on treatment plan as well.

If both the sputum and culture tests came back negative, they will likely want to get another X-ray done in about three months to make sure that there's no changes in his X-ray. Sometimes, people can have scars on their lungs and can be misdiagnosed as TB. Having a consistent X-ray even after the treatment will confirm that it is not TB, but a scar.

In your case, your dad is going through the first culture test. Once you get the result back, you will know what your next steps are. Generally speaking, your father will go through sputum test and get his first X-ray. He will then have another X-ray in three to six months to compare it to the first one. Once those steps are clear (i.e no positive result from sputum and culture tests plus no changes in his X-ray), he will have his medical pass status.

Here are a few useful links pertaining TB:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/partner/pp/pdf/IMEI_Tuberculosis.pdf

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/surveillance/surveillance.asp

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/medic/admiss/health.asp
Thank you so much for the detailed reply . Kindly elaborate on one thing- my father”s first chest x Ray was done on March 11 along with the medical exams so the second chest X Ray is likely to be done by June11/12 . Let’s say If the results for the sputum test and the second x Ray- both come out to be negative then will that be final result or they might go for another round of chest x rays and hence the wait gets exceeded to another 90 days lasting to September 11 . Hope my question is clear . Many thanks and looking for the reply .

Agharr1

Star Member
May 17, 2015
24 May we received Medical and PCC request , today 25 May we received Pre-Arrival letter.

We haven’t submitted yet the PCC and Medical .

Jim_1987

May 3, 2019
Hi guys,

I uploaded one of the police certificate in the online account , but when I tried to upload the other ones from different countries ; the option was there no more.

Can anyone help

PGP2018_QC

Aug 17, 2018
Hello everyone,

If at the time of receiving medical request my parents are visiting US/Canada, can they do the medical test at a panel physician's place in those countries? Thanks.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
24 May we received Medical and PCC request , today 25 May we received Pre-Arrival letter.

We haven’t submitted yet the PCC and Medical .
its informative letter

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hello everyone,

If at the time of receiving medical request my parents are visiting US/Canada, can they do the medical test at a panel physician's place in those countries? Thanks.
any doctor from CIC list

Reactions: PGP2018_QC

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Thank you so much for the detailed reply . Kindly elaborate on one thing- my father”s first chest x Ray was done on March 11 along with the medical exams so the second chest X Ray is likely to be done by June11/12 . Let’s say If the results for the sputum test and the second x Ray- both come out to be negative then will that be final result or they might go for another round of chest x rays and hence the wait gets exceeded to another 90 days lasting to September 11 . Hope my question is clear . Many thanks and looking for the reply .
Your dad sputum tests must have came back negative already. You are waiting for “culture” results now.

If they cannot grow anything from his sputum and the second X-ray indicates that there isn’t any noticeable change on his lungs, then that’d be the final result. There’s always a chance they could ask for 3rd X-ray. But, if both sputum and X-ray came back negative, it’s very unlikely they’d ask for the 3rd X-ray.

Reactions: funnybird7

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your dad sputum tests must have came back negative already. You are waiting for “culture” results now.

If they cannot grow anything from his sputum and the second X-ray indicates that there isn’t any noticeable change on his lungs, then that’d be the final result. There’s always a chance they could ask for 3rd X-ray. But, if both sputum and X-ray came back negative, it’s very unlikely they’d ask for the 3rd X-ray.
Sputum tests are the culture tests. You give a sputum sample and they need a few months to see if anything grows on the sputum culture and then they test to see if there are any bacteria or fungal cultures.

Reactions: funnybird7

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Sputum tests are the culture tests. You give a sputum sample and they need a few months to see if anything grows on the sputum culture and then they test to see if there are any bacteria or fungal cultures.
That’s not entirely true. Turn around time for “Rapid sputum test (aka) nucleic acid amplification tests (NAATs).”; done in three consecutive days, is 24 hours. If rapid sputum tests came back positive, you’re put on a treatment plan immediately without having to wait 2 months.

If NAATs came back negative, then sputum “culture” tests are performed and it can take 1 to 8 weeks.

Rapid sputum tests can tell if a person has TB within 24 hours. A test may be done when:
  • A person is thought to have TB, but confirmation is needed before sputum culture results will be ready.
  • A person may be infected with bacteria other than TB bacteria.
  • A person who may have TB has been close to other people who will need treatment if they have been exposed.

Last edited: