+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, my application in MyCIC account had a change in "Current status" column as "Application/profile updated", and when I check full application status, there was not change. Shortly after I checked the status, the current status has changed back to "Submitted".

Does anyone know what this mean?

It's been more than 3 months that I submitted PCC, but the application still says "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." in the "Review of additional documents" section. I've sent an email with the original PCC that I uploaded as I did it through MyCIC account, but still no response yet.

Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

kod86

Dec 31, 2018
Hi all,

Just out of curiosity, my application in MyCIC account had a change in "Current status" column as "Application/profile updated", and when I check full application status, there was not change. Shortly after I checked the status, the current status has changed back to "Submitted".

It's been more than 3 months that I submitted PCC, but the application still says "The additional documents you provided have been uploaded." in the "Review of additional documents" section. I've sent an email with the original PCC that I uploaded as I did it through MyCIC account, but still no response yet.

Thanks,
If you see application updated, it means that they have actually reviewed some part of your application. If you have been monitoring your application then you can easily notice this update. It could be background check or eligibility or review of additional documents etc. Request letter could follow soon.

Reactions: jhoongo

billly

Dec 22, 2018
Hello, I need urgent help.

I received the request letter for medical and police clearance certificate for my parents today. They are asking for a few things listed in bullet form - police clearance, travel history form, payment of right of permanent resident fee, medical. But an additional thing which i have no idea what it means. The item in the bullet is just UCI# and my father's name. It doesn't provide any additional detail as to what it is.

So i logged in to the CIC account and went under "View Submitted Application" - the section where you can upload documents.The first required document name is "Client Information" and under details it says "Replacement Needed". The worst of all, it's due TODAY. Has it happened to anyone? I am not sure what to even upload. I'd appreciate any help
Hope this got sorted out. Also share your details. Which office? Timeline?

kemeshia

Star Member
Feb 11, 2009
canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
Nomination.....
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Hi all,

Thanks,
Did your parents do their medical too? Mine is saying the same as yours since early December. But they did not ask for medical only pcc.

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
Parents has stayed in Canada for over 6 months (not in a row, but with multiple visits). Now is coming for another short visit, is it a good idea to have them leave fingerprint to some rcmp accredited agency, and ask them to send the fingerprint after parents has left Canada? Anything timing issue to be aware?Afraid parents are asked for criminal record after they have left Canada.

Sandipppp

Star Member
Aug 13, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC- Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-08-2014
AOR Received.
10-3-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
07-04-2015
Med's Request
08-05-2015
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
Passport Req..
03-06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
19-06-2015
Hello everyone,
Following is my mother’s application status(decision made)-
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 22, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on November 30, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on October 22, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on October 23, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.

My questions are-
*does DM means DM for sponsor or the applicant?
*how do we check the date when application status changes from in process to DM?
Thanks in advance!
I am in the same situation. DM status changed in ecas since last week Thursday and now waiting for an official letter.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

katewilson76

Star Member
Aug 16, 2018
BC
Visa Office......
London
My parents are here on a visitor visa since Oct 2018, the visa is valid for 6 months, does anyone know if we can apply for an extension or will CIC decline it if my parents have a PR application in progress? (Application is stuck doing nothing at London VO).

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009
Hi. So CIC denied my parent's application because they said I didnt provide police clearance which I've sent to them multiple times thru email (4x to be exact) as per their instructions. They keep sending me this email that said they sent correspondence and I've never sent or they never received any correspondence from me. Please help what should I do. Thank you.

harmanvirk6

Jan 14, 2019
Hi Yulia, can you please update my timeline in spreadsheet, got an email yesterday from NDVO asking for additional documents including, matriculation certificate for dependent, PCC for parents, supplementary information for travels (IMM5662e) and payment of RPRF.

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
I am still waiting for Sponsor Approval. Application is stuck at in process since Nov 2. Anyone else in same situation.

harmanvirk6

Jan 14, 2019
Also i have few questions regarding the request : 1. Is it normal to ask for RPRF before asking for medicals? 2. In the latter it states for IMM5662e
"Supplementary Information Form for Travels for you and for all accompanying dependents over the age of 18, declaring all travel undertaken.", but when i checked that form IMM5662e it only asks for travels taken outside country of residence within the last 10 years. so should i put all travels for the life or only within last years? Also do i need to fill and send 2 forms , one for mom & one for dad or just one as the form have space for principal applicant and spouse on the same form? Please help.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Parents has stayed in Canada for over 6 months (not in a row, but with multiple visits). Now is coming for another short visit, is it a good idea to have them leave fingerprint to some rcmp accredited agency, and ask them to send the fingerprint after parents has left Canada? Anything timing issue to be aware?Afraid parents are asked for criminal record after they have left Canada.
I don’t think you can “leave” your fingerprints (biometric) to a third part to be processed by RCMP later. That’s a no no!

I don’t think your parents have to come back to Canada to get PCC from RCMP. There must be a way to get it from outside Canada. If biometrics (fingerprints) are required, your parents will be informed of that requirement and they can get it done at the local visa office.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Hi. So CIC denied my parent's application because they said I didnt provide police clearance which I've sent to them multiple times thru email (4x to be exact) as per their instructions. They keep sending me this email that said they sent correspondence and I've never sent or they never received any correspondence from me. Please help what should I do. Thank you.
I’m sorry to hear that your application has been denied. What did you apply for? PGP? If your application is family sponsorship, such as PGP or spousal sponsorship, then you can appeal since there’s clearly a ground to do so.

Normally, the rejection letter would state what steps you can take. They usually give you a month to appeal from the date of rejection. So, you need to act quick if that’s what you want to do. Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) is responsible for cases like yours. The following link will give you step-by-step information on immigration appeals:

https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/filing-immigration-appeal/Pages/immapp-a1.aspx

Good luck!