+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009
I’m sorry to hear that your application has been denied. What did you apply for? PGP? If your application is family sponsorship, such as PGP or spousal sponsorship, then you can appeal since there’s clearly a ground to do so.

Normally, the rejection letter would state what steps you can take. They usually give you a month to appeal from the date of rejection. So, you need to act quick if that’s what you want to do. Immigration Appeal Division (IAD) is responsible for cases like yours. The following link will give you step-by-step information on immigration appeals:

https://irb-cisr.gc.ca/en/filing-immigration-appeal/Pages/immapp-a1.aspx

Good luck!
Thank you. It's just frustrating that we've been waiting for this for months. And I'm confused why they never received any of the police clearances I sent them thru email?
I'm going to appeal for sure.
Thank you so much.

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Friends,

Finally I am able to link my application to my (sponsor) mycic gc key account. So the the status on the application under account says:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

However on the ecas it says Application Received.
So which one is more updated? Also another question is:
1. Do I need to create a separate my cic account for the Applicant (my Father) to check the status OR just the sponsor's cic account should be fine to track the status.

Please suggest. Thanks.

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009
When they say they need FBI clearance, does it mean the actual USA FBI clearance? need urgent thank you.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hi. So CIC denied my parent's application because they said I didnt provide police clearance which I've sent to them multiple times thru email (4x to be exact) as per their instructions. They keep sending me this email that said they sent correspondence and I've never sent or they never received any correspondence from me. Please help what should I do. Thank you.
how did you SEND them?

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
I got an email today from CIC that it has been sent to the responsible office. FYI, I also sent that document using IRCC web form.
How long did it take to get the confirmation email from CIC? I webformed it yesterday, so far didn't see the reply yet except the auto-reply.

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
My parents are here on a visitor visa since Oct 2018, the visa is valid for 6 months, does anyone know if we can apply for an extension or will CIC decline it if my parents have a PR application in progress? (Application is stuck doing nothing at London VO).
you can apply for extension online.

Good luck

badar14

Champion Member
May 5, 2012
Vancouver
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
02-05-2010
LANDED..........
06-Aug-2013
Friends,

Finally I am able to link my application to my (sponsor) mycic gc key account. So the the status on the application under account says:
We are processing your application. We will send you a message when there is an update or if we need more information from you.

However on the ecas it says Application Received.
So which one is more updated? Also another question is:
1. Do I need to create a separate my cic account for the Applicant (my Father) to check the status OR just the sponsor's cic account should be fine to track the status.

Please suggest. Thanks.
its a debatable thing, for me ECAS status is more updated as compared to mycic account. for your second question one account is enough (you can't connect one application with 2 cic accounts, you will loose access on first one. Already tried)

Good Luck

SMA.DE

Jun 19, 2011
I don’t think you can “leave” your fingerprints (biometric) to a third part to be processed by RCMP later. That’s a no no!

I don’t think your parents have to come back to Canada to get PCC from RCMP. There must be a way to get it from outside Canada. If biometrics (fingerprints) are required, your parents will be informed of that requirement and they can get it done at the local visa office.
Thank you, by the way, how long would a police certificate for parents immigration valid for? 3 months, 6 months?

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009
So they said I didn't send FBI clearance. Do they actually mean US FBI clearance which I thought they were asking for my local Philippines police clearance. Because why would they ask fot an FBI clearance when my parents are Philippine citizens.

bhassid22

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Hi guys,
It might be answered already, but thank you in advance for all your help

Its been a while since am on this site, we are in process of sponsoring my parents for parents and grandparents sponsorship program. We applied May 2018 and we got medical and PCC request this week. Now, am not really sure where to send PCC? They didnt specify any physical address, they just gave us E-Mail address.

Am I suppose to submit through that email or any physical address? if its physical address do you guys know which one was it?
Thanks
Bhas

jhoongo

Star Member
Nov 8, 2016
Did your parents do their medical too? Mine is saying the same as yours since early December. But they did not ask for medical only pcc.
We've done the medical two or three months ago, and the medical was passed shortly after.
It's only BC and PCC that are still pending

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Re-ask:

Question: i created a GC account under my mom and linked the application before I was asked to send them a "Use of Representative". Can I still see the process in that account after submitting the form?

utopia110

Nov 30, 2015
Hi Everyone,

For folks who received the request to submit a death certificate last year, how did you go about it?

1) Did you have to submit the original? Or a photocopy?
2) Anyone with a non-English birth/death certificate, how did you go about providing CIC with a copy? Did you just provide true translation or did you attach a copy of your original death certificate? Surely, you can't mail in your original document.