+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
Hi Everyone,

For folks who received the request to submit a death certificate last year, how did you go about it?

1) Did you have to submit the original? Or a photocopy?
2) Anyone with a non-English birth/death certificate, how did you go about providing CIC with a copy? Did you just provide true translation or did you attach a copy of your original death certificate? Surely, you can't mail in your original document.
photocopy

it comes with certified translation

Reactions: utopia110

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hello everyone,
Following is my mother’s application status(decision made)-
Permanent Residence
  1. We received your application for permanent residence on May 22, 2018.
  2. We started processing your application on November 30, 2018.
  3. We sent you correspondence on October 22, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  4. We sent you medical instructions on October 23, 2018. To avoid delays, please provide us the information requested in the letter as soon as possible. Please consider delays in mail delivery before contacting us.
  5. We sent you correspondence on November 9, 2018. If you have not yet provided the information or the requested documents, please do so as soon as possible. Please wait until you receive the correspondence before sending us additional information, as the correspondence will outline all information that is required.
  6. Medical results have been received.

My questions are-
*does DM means DM for sponsor or the applicant?
*how do we check the date when application status changes from in process to DM?
Thanks in advance!
Through Ecas

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
So they said I didn't send FBI clearance. Do they actually mean US FBI clearance which I thought they were asking for my local Philippines police clearance. Because why would they ask fot an FBI clearance when my parents are Philippine citizens.
If that’s the reason for rejection, you will need to prove that you did not get the instructions to send FBI clearance when you appeal CIC decision. The only reason why they would ask for FBI clearance would be because your parents have lived or stayed in the states for at least 6 months over the past 5 years. Otherwise, they wouldn’t ask for one, as FBI won’t have anything on them (well, at least I hope so). If they have never been to the states and CIC asked for FBI clearance in error, that can be ground for appeal as well.

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009
If that’s the reason for rejection, you will need to prove that you did not get the instructions to send FBI clearance when you appeal CIC decision. The only reason why they would ask for FBI clearance would be because your parents have lived or stayed in the states for at least 6 months over the past 5 years. Otherwise, they wouldn’t ask for one, as FBI won’t have anything on them (well, at least I hope so). If they have never been to the states and CIC asked for FBI clearance in error, that can be ground for appeal as well.
They didn't stay in US for 6mos. They stayed with me in Windsor for 6 mos (which is border city with Detroit )and just crossed the border periodically for visits with family; while they were here on a tourist visa.
What do you think?

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009
And i keep replying to them thru email telling them i already sent you Police clearances (and hey I've attached them again in this email) and then a month later i will receive an email saying we've never received ANY correspondence from you.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
And i keep replying to them thru email telling them i already sent you Police clearances (and hey I've attached them again in this email) and then a month later i will receive an email saying we've never received ANY correspondence from you.
Hmmm...CIC found out that your parents visited US either from info sharing between US and Canada or travel history form. That’s probably why they are asking for FBI clearance. But, if CIC did not clarify which police clearance they want, how would anyone know to send clearance from FBI.

Immigration appeals take a while to process. People tend to hire immigration lawyers, but some don’t.
You also want to weight your options and the likelihood of successful appeal. You can choose to get into 2019 draw as well. So, choose wisely and good luck!

But, from what I’ve heard, it certainly meet appeal conditions.

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009
Hmmm...CIC found out that your parents visited US either from info sharing between US and Canada or travel history form. That’s probably why they are asking for FBI clearance. But, if CIC did not clarify which police clearance they want, how would anyone know to send clearance from FBI.

Immigration appeals take a while to process. People tend to hire immigration lawyers, but some don’t.
You also want to weight your options and the likelihood of successful appeal. You can choose to get into 2019 draw as well. So, choose wisely and good luck!

But, from what I’ve heard, it certainly meet appeal conditions.
I actually wrote in the travel history:
6mos USA and Canada for tourism. They did ask me for FBI clearance but since i was thinking at that time they meant police clearance from whichever country they reside. Since they never acknowledged that they indeed received the first police clearance I sent which is part of a normal application. They just keep saying they never received any correspondence from me.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
I actually wrote in the travel history:
6mos USA and Canada for tourism. They did ask me for FBI clearance but since i was thinking at that time they meant police clearance from whichever country they reside. Since they never acknowledged that they indeed received the first police clearance I sent which is part of a normal application. They just keep saying they never received any correspondence from me.
They specifically requested FBI clearance based on your travel history. Regardless of if your parents really did stayed in the states for 6 months or not, you said they did in the travel history form. That’s why I said they only asked for clearance from countries your parents stayed for 6 months or longer, and you said they did in the form. Anyway, you should not have assumed that they only wanted police clearance from your home country when they spelled out FBI. I guess you would make a case on misunderstanding or communication breakdown on both parties. It’d be difficult to make an appeal, but a lawyer could be able to help. And I’m not a lawyer.

hsusmiran

Jan 2, 2016
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
11-20-2009
They specifically requested FBI clearance based on your travel history. Regardless of if your parents really did stayed in the states for 6 months or not, you said they did in the travel history form. That’s why I said they only asked for clearance from countries your parents stayed for 6 months or longer, and you said they did in the form. Anyway, you should not have assumed that they only wanted police clearance from your home country when they spelled out FBI. I guess you would make a case on misunderstanding or communication breakdown on both parties. It’d be difficult to make an appeal, but a lawyer could be able to help. And I’m not a lawyer.
I know it's totally a misunderstanding big time on my part. I guess a single mistake can really cost you too much. You can't really afford to overlook or misunderstand something. I mean it's really easy to apply for an fbi clearance and it takes less than a week to get the result if applied online.
Wow. Well thank you for your help.

pinay123

Jan 17, 2019
Medical request for my Mom and Dad received in email today. in the application that I did, I clearly put that my Dad refused to come here in Canada due to cold weather.
What should I do? Let them both do the medicals? Or do I need to inform CIC that my Dad refused to come? Please help.

Reactions: YULIA-2016

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
Medical request for my Mom and Dad received in email today. in the application that I did, I clearly put that my Dad refused to come here in Canada due to cold weather.
What should I do? Let them both do the medicals? Or do I need to inform CIC that my Dad refused to come? Please help.
All the family members need to do medicals even if they are not accompanying.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Last edited:
Reactions: sappi and YVR123

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
please provide your info for SS
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1B_YAyszLcUxbfe0ur7WPZRPJ0y2COpRJSt8Ce19yrhI/edit#gid=761650616

parents both should pass medical even just mom need to get PPR / dad doesn't need if parents are divorced/