+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

bhassid22

Star Member
Aug 19, 2013
Still waiting for answer from my previous question :(

How to submit PCC? Is it through email or by post?
Dead line is approaching soon..
Please help

Bhs

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Hi @YULIA-2016
Didn't know my application had been sent to new Delhi visa office. Recieved a message from delhi immigration office asking for travel form, police clearance certificate, military service record( might be this is the reason for my application being sent to new delhi from ottawa ) and surprisingly they asked for two photographs 50×70 ,( normally asked with PPR requests. Please update..
I can guess cause of military service:rolleyes:

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018

Please help

Bhs
you can use email or load thru My CIC acc

curious205

Mar 20, 2018
Question, again, do i need to pay for the RPRF for both of them as well? Thank you for the reply.
My understanding is that both parents will get PR even if one of them refuses to come here. They process PR for both and you have to meet LICO as if you are sponsoring both as well. You clearly met that criteria and they are almost ready to issue PRR.

So, I suspect that you "will" need to pay RPRF for both. You can ask CIC to confirm that. It's going to be interesting.

curious205

Mar 20, 2018

Please help

Bhs
They usually state how you can send PCC. Most people send it via email and then upload through MyCIC/GCKey as well. That way, you know you are sure that CIC gets the requested document by doing both.

harmanvirk6

Jan 14, 2019
Any help would be appreciated... 1. Is it normal to ask for RPRF before asking for medicals? 2. In the latter it states for IMM5662e
"Supplementary Information Form for Travels for you and for all accompanying dependents over the age of 18, declaring all travel undertaken.", but when i checked that form IMM5662e it only asks for travels taken outside country of residence within the last 10 years. so should i put all travels for the life or only within last years? Also do i need to fill and send 2 forms , one for mom & one for dad or just one as the form have space for principal applicant and spouse on the same form? Please help.

umyaor

Jun 1, 2018
Here is my question, when CIC ask for a copy of original birth certificate? Do I need to get the photocopy notarized or it's ok to send them a photocopy without notarization? Thanks.

Rosey_L

Aug 10, 2012
Visa Office......
Manila
App. Filed.......
25-09-2012
AOR Received.
SA: 05-11-2012
File Transfer...
19-11-2012
Med's Done....
29-08-2012
Passport Req..
16-05-2013 [ InProcess.....: 30-06-2013] [Decision Made....: 01-07-2013]
VISA ISSUED...
Visa received: 05-07-2013 [issue date: 28-06-2013]
LANDED..........
21-07-2013
my mom's application is now complete. good luck to everyone!

MIKENZ123

Star Member
Oct 12, 2018
My understanding is that both parents will get PR even if one of them refuses to come here. They process PR for both and you have to meet LICO as if you are sponsoring both as well. You clearly met that criteria and they are almost ready to issue PRR.

So, I suspect that you "will" need to pay RPRF for both. You can ask CIC to confirm that. It's going to be interesting.
If you have declared one as non accompanying, then only one person need to pay RPRF. If not, then both have to pay.

thenike

Jul 27, 2012

Please help

Bhs
You can upload it in mycic, if you have linked your application. Otherwise you can also send by email

thenike

Jul 27, 2012
Hello everyone,

My parents application was transferred to New Delhi. Has this happened to anyone where the application was transferred to another visa office after PCC and Medicals?

kod86

Dec 31, 2018
Here is my question, when CIC ask for a copy of original birth certificate? Do I need to get the photocopy notarized or it's ok to send them a photocopy without notarization? Thanks.
You can upload a copy of the original (scanned copy) to MyCIC. Otherwise make a copy from the original and send to them as instructed in the letter. You do not need to get the copy certified.

Atif.Ayub

Star Member
Dec 4, 2009
Mississauga, ON, Canada
Visa Office......
Buffalo
App. Filed.......
18-09-2009
Doc's Request.
11-12-2009
AOR Received.
29-04-2010
Med's Request
04-11-2010
Med's Done....
17-12-2010
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
16-05-2011
VISA ISSUED...
24-05-2011 (in person-Buffalo)
LANDED..........
24-05-2011
Hello friends. Yesterday I received an email from CIC saying the application has been accepted .
When I applied for my dad he was in Canada (on super visa). I put my Canadian address as his contact address.
The letter that I receive has extensive verbiage about use of representative and imm5476.
Please guide me about the below 2 questions:
1 do I need my dad to fill a imm5476 designating me as an agent
2. What are the next steps

Below is the text of the letter:
*******+*+
Dear Sir/Madam:
This refers to your application to sponsor your parent(s) or grandparent(s) (PGP) Hamid Maqsood under the Family Class.
Your application has been accepted under the intake cap for 2018.
Your application number is located below the date of this letter. You must quote this reference number in any future correspondence related to this file. This correspondence also acknowledges receipt of your payment. Please keep a copy of this letter for your records.
Important information about using a representative:
A Use of Representative form (IMM 5476) must be submitted with an immigration application if the applicant used the services of a representative (such as an immigration consultant or lawyer) to help them prepare their application, or if the applicant wishes to appoint a representative (friend or family member) to conduct business on their behalf with IRCC.
If you appointed a representative and the IMM 5476 was correctly completed and signed, all correspondence from IRCC will be sent to the representative’s email or mailing address.
When submitting your PGP application:
 If a paid or unpaid representative’s address was used as the mailing address for the sponsor or principal applicant on the application and a completed and signed IMM 5476 was not submitted; or
 If a paid representative was appointed using a IMM5476 but is not in good standing; and/or
 The IMM 5476 you submitted was not correctly completed and/or signed as required to appoint a paid or unpaid representative;

Then, all correspondence from IRCC will be sent to the sponsor or principal applicant’s email or mailing address on record as applicable. IRCC will not communicate with this representative until a correctly completed and signed IMM 5476 is received by IRCC.
Should you choose to engage representation in the form of an Immigration Representative or Lawyer, you must complete a Use of Representative Form (IMM 5476). The form can be found at the following link: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/representative.asp
For information about IRCC programs and services, application forms, or general updates on your file status, visit our Website at www.cic.gc.ca.
Sincerely,
Application Intake – PGP 2018
Case Processing Centre Mississauga