+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Rockstar16

Aug 23, 2018
Can anyone tell me, how long it IRCC takes to send the PPR request after sending pre-arrival letter?

I received the PPR letter n 21st Nov

amd87

Star Member
Nov 11, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this thread. I have sent my parents docs for sponsorship and they've received it on Sep. 21, 2018. But I haven't received AOR yet. Is this normal?

How long usually takes them to send AOR? I took a look at the spreadsheet and I'm seeing some wild variations. There are people that had received AOR as early as 5 days.

petal765

Mar 20, 2014
Alberta
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
london/isb
App. Filed.......
27-09-2018
AOR Received.
12/18
File Transfer...
July8,2019
Med's Request
December 27,2019
Med's Done....
January 14,2020
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
February 11,2020
VISA ISSUED...
February 18,2020
LANDED..........
March 04,2020
Hi Everyone,
I hired an immigration lawyer not a consultant for my Parents immigration.My question is will i be able to check application status with UCI?. Confused now, someone told me you cant and only lawyer can do that.
Need Guidance

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this thread. I have sent my parents docs for sponsorship and they've received it on Sep. 21, 2018. But I haven't received AOR yet. Is this normal?

How long usually takes them to send AOR? I took a look at the spreadsheet and I'm seeing some wild variations. There are people that had received AOR as early as 5 days.
AOR times are different for everyone. Reason I believe is, everyone's file is different. e.g. someone has missing signatures, Some had used old forms etc. I have known, who got email, regarding missing signatures , even before AOR.

From the Spread sheet, you can see the timelines for all of these. So guess your time from there.

Most important to note:
1. Make sure CIC had the correct email address for you to send AOR etc.
2. If so make sure you check your SPAM/Junk folder for emails.
3. Most of the information from CIC delivered as email. So keep that in mind.

Hope this helps

Reactions: Can150

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hi Everyone,
I hired an immigration lawyer not a consultant for my Parents immigration.My question is will i be able to check application status with UCI?. Confused now, someone told me you cant and only lawyer can do that.
Need Guidance
My guess is, there are two ways to check the status of your application

1. ECAS
2. Using GCKey

With ECAS you should be able to check as well. But information there is not updated often by CIC. Also limited information etc.

Using GCKey you can attach your file with GCkey. You can upload your docs requested by CIC and messages from CIC etc. But if your lawyer/Consultant had already done that, you won't be able to attach your application GCKey. It is only one at a time. I may be wrong but that was it, when i had done in the past. So you need to revoke access by filling up "Use of Representative" form, then you can do it. Also all emails/Communications goes to your Lawyer if you had appointed lawyer using that form. May there is work around to that, i am not sure.
Be careful, if you revoke your lawyer access and you appointed yourself. Then you have to keep an eye on all your emails/Messages from CIC. If you missed one, may be a problem for your sponsorship. I know, lawyer can do that to. But just giving you heads up.

Hope this helps

Another-Immigrant

Sep 13, 2014
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-09-2018
AOR Received.
03-12-2018
Hello folks,

Questions:

From quick review of spreadsheet, It seems CIC completes SA (Sponsorship Approval) from 1 month to 3 months approx. Does anyone has any information about how much time it takes to get SA if all docs are completed or after AOR?
Also, does AOR means application is complete and having all the supported documents? at least up to sponsorship approval, including fees?

Thank you

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Invitation Received: Aug 1st 2018
Application Sent: Sept 5th 2018
Application Received: Sept 7th 2018
AOR: Dec 3rd 2018

Please add this to SS.

Thanks
country?

karinaS

Jul 2, 2015
I have not been transferred yet and I do not know the details of filing tax. So far, my accountant has done all my returns. So basically what you are saying is that even if I am being paid in the US in US dollars, I still have to report it to CIC but since I paid US tax, I just pay small amount of tax here?
If that is the case, my Canadian tax return would reflect the total amount I made and as long as it is above the threshold it should be fine. Right?
Unfortunately, it is not okay. It must be Canadian source income. But check with immigration lawyer

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have not been transferred yet and I do not know the details of filing tax. So far, my accountant has done all my returns. So basically what you are saying is that even if I am being paid in the US in US dollars, I still have to report it to CIC but since I paid US tax, I just pay small amount of tax here?
If that is the case, my Canadian tax return would reflect the total amount I made and as long as it is above the threshold it should be fine. Right?
But will you live in Canada and work in US? You can't sponsor your parents if you live outside of Canada.
As suggested, you should check with a lawyer. I am not sure if it's OK if you live in Canada and have employment income from US.

xilji

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Hi Everyone,
Need Guidance
If you hire a consultant then they submit a representative form with an application which makes it unable to link your application to gc key (though when you search for your application on gc key it will mention that this application has authorized representative). You would need to submit the representative form again to unauthorize them(which you dont want to do because you already paid them i guess) because consultants have other paid portal where they can see application details and they dont need to link to thier account. IRCC adds those application directly to thier account. This paid portal is only allowed to the lawyers which are in good standing.

On the other hand you can always check your status online through ecas portal by using your client id and last name, dob and country of birth.