+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

pesarak007

Dec 26, 2015
I have a question regarding income threshold for supporting parents.
Does your income have to be only Canadian income? What if you are transferred by your company to the US and you are being paid in US dollars over there and you file taxes in the US? Your salary inside Canada on your Canadian tax return would be basically zero. If the amount you made in the US is more than the amount CIC is asking for, is it OK?
Can someone please help me?

pesarak007

Dec 26, 2015
Hi Guys,
I have a question regarding parents sponsorship. For the total family member for me its myself, my wife and my mother and father. so total members are 4. but i got married last year in May, do my family members be counted as 3 for years before 2017 for minimum income requirement? or it will be still counted as 4 even my wife was not there for year 2016 and 2015. for eg.
Income for 2015 based on 3 family members
income for 2016 based on 3 family members
income for 2017 based on 4 family members.
is this how it will work??
please let me know.
Thank you!!
Once I asked an immigration lawyer the same question and he told me it does not matter if you were single before. The number is the number at the time you are applying. So in your case it would be 4. I know it does not make sense but that is what I was told.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I have a question regarding income threshold for supporting parents.
Does your income have to be only Canadian income? What if you are transferred by your company to the US and you are being paid in US dollars over there and you file taxes in the US? Your salary inside Canada on your Canadian tax return would be basically zero. If the amount you made in the US is more than the amount CIC is asking for, is it OK?
Can someone please help me?
That is strange. Usually if you file the income in US and in Canada, it's rarely that you pay less Canadian tax. (usually you get credit from tax already paid in US and you paid the difference of Canadian tax you owe on top. I haven't done it on my own but I hired an accountant in US and one in Canada to file my tax returns back then when I worked in US.)
When you are a tax resident of Canada, you need to file your worldwide income. Did you file your tax incorrectly?

pesarak007

Dec 26, 2015
That is strange. Usually if you file the income in US and in Canada, it's rarely that you pay less Canadian tax. (usually you get credit from tax already paid in US and you paid the difference of Canadian tax you owe on top. I haven't done it on my own but I hired an accountant in US and one in Canada to file my tax returns back then when I worked in US.)
When you are a tax resident of Canada, you need to file your worldwide income. Did you file your tax incorrectly?
I have not been transferred yet and I do not know the details of filing tax. So far, my accountant has done all my returns. So basically what you are saying is that even if I am being paid in the US in US dollars, I still have to report it to CIC but since I paid US tax, I just pay small amount of tax here?
If that is the case, my Canadian tax return would reflect the total amount I made and as long as it is above the threshold it should be fine. Right?

gayatri.kan

Star Member
Dec 9, 2016
Were you able to check status of your application on ecas? I still cannot check the status. What fields did you search by?
hi yes iam able to check thru ecas using my (sponsor) unique id # and my DOB
and also linked my dads paper application using my dads CIC account
yesterday i received my AOR thru email

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
the official information it's that you cannot link if you have not received the AOR. And it's logic: nothing will happen with your application if you have not received the AOR (I mean, you application won't be ready to be in processed if there is no AOR). Also, when an application has the temporary number (XF) it will be impossible to link.
Are you able to see the application in e-CAS?
No. I can't see our application on eCAS... I tried Application number and UCI... none of it worked.

nirav870

Star Member
Sep 11, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12th june
AOR Received.
24th oct
Med's Request
24th december
Med's Done....
29th december
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
24 december
VISA ISSUED...
wish god will give in feb'14
You can get the medicals done in Canada and also apply for a PCC through one of the BLS location in Canada. As for the passports, you will get instructions at a future date but I remember someone mentioning that you can send your passport to Ottawa but you will need to confirm that.
Thank you

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
hi yes iam able to check thru ecas using my (sponsor) unique id # and my DOB
and also linked my dads paper application using my dads CIC account
yesterday i received my AOR thru email
Thanks. which unique id did you use to search? Is it the Application number which is displayed on the invitation letter?

xilji

Star Member
May 14, 2015
Hello

When you receive first AOR for your parent sponsorship. Did any line gets added to your ecas status which says about AOR ?

Thanks

lauraeuro

Sep 8, 2018
No. I can't see our application on eCAS... I tried Application number and UCI... none of it worked.
Then your appliction is not ready to appear in the system, therefore no matter how you change your answer it will be impossible to link for the moment. I could see the app in e_CAS last thrusday and received AOR yesterday, so don't panic.

Reactions: YVR123

neeti2090

Feb 8, 2017
Same here. I tried that too but cannot see the status. Also did you have to fill and sign the the Authority to Release Personal Information to a Designated Individual (IMM 5475) form ?