+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Kbhatia@1

Aug 20, 2018
Hello All

I am planning to apply for canada PR; currently residing in India. I want to know can I include my parents and my sister with me.

1. Is it possible to get invitations with your parents and sisters in the list?
2. Or shall I apply for my PR first and then apply for my parents PR?
3. I am single; how much amount of money will be required to show as a proof of fund to include parents and sister?

babybenz

Jan 26, 2018
Hello All

I am planning to apply for canada PR; currently residing in India. I want to know can I include my parents and my sister with me.

1. Is it possible to get invitations with your parents and sisters in the list?
2. Or shall I apply for my PR first and then apply for my parents PR?
3. I am single; how much amount of money will be required to show as a proof of fund to include parents and sister?
1/ What are you trying to apply for?
2/ If you are not yet Canadian Permanent Resident (PR), what is your current status?
3/ Have you been working in Canada and filing Tax yet?

Assaf97

Star Member
Apr 19, 2018
Hey guys, We got our pre arrival letter and medical request on the same day (November 27) and did the medical exam on December 1 which I'm pretty sure will be approved since we're perfectly healthy.

I assume all we do now is sit and wait? Should we expect them to update ECAS or send an email or what? What exactly happens after this.

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Second Round 2018 PR Applicants

After reviewing all applicants under second round invitations in July 2018. Most of the Applicants received AOR on 13 Nov, 16 Nov, 26 Nov , 3 Dec.
I have linked my parents application under my account. I am a sponsor and Representative too for my parents.

Applicants who have problems linking their parents applicants to their online account after signup. Take this important information into consideration.

IF you are husband and wife and she is also co-sponsor and no children then total family members in the application the No is 4.
IF you are husband and wife and she is also co-sponsor and have 1,2,3 children and they are minors still the No of applicants is 4.

The common mistake we do is at the time of linking either normally we enter 2 because technically the applicants are only mom and dad. But this is not the case. sponsor and co-sponsor (Husband and wife is 2) + Mom and Dad is 2 = 4 even though sponsor and cosponsor are already citizens or PR but still they are part of application.

Now The next step is review of eligibility of sponsor and co-sponsor and at the same time background check of your parents eligibility. Once its done, we all will get message from CIC.

All the best.

pawan1118vig

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Hi guys,

I recently had medical done for my parent and recieved a call from the doctor to come back for a follow up. I am worried as to why i have been called. Is this something i should be worried about?
JUST Go see the doctor, they might have noticed something and not just for PR process but for the health of your parents wants you to notify or do more tests for precautionary reasons. my parents had to go for re medicals and today they got PR.

AimHigher1

Star Member
Nov 25, 2014
Brampton
Visa Office......
Parents Sponsorship Mom + DAD on Supervisa Living in Brampton with us
NOC Code......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
28-05-2018
Hey everyone,
I'm new to this thread. I have sent my parents docs for sponsorship and they've received it on Sep. 21, 2018. But I haven't received AOR yet. Is this normal?

How long usually takes them to send AOR? I took a look at the spreadsheet and I'm seeing some wild variations. There are people that had received AOR as early as 5 days.
on average normal time for AOR is 3 months approx

Rochelle.ca

Star Member
Jun 25, 2018
Hi All,

Anyone know how long does it take to process the background check? We already submitted the PCC on Nov 5 and my parents did their medicals on Nov 21 and as per CIC they passed the medical as of last week.

Just curious :)

D_K_T

Star Member
Apr 11, 2018
Hi @YULIA-2016 / other admins

Can you please update mine info in spreadsheet:

User name : Dimpy Thind, Line# 131 on spreadsheet
SA - Decision made - met the eligibility (called cic)- Approval date - 12/04/2018
Called in for LVO - not assigned yet.
No email/ mail received so far

Destination city - New Westminster
Number of sponsored people- Parents (Mom&Dad)
Invitation receive date- 03/19/2018

Thanks a bunch!

Reactions: YULIA-2016

pesarak007

Dec 26, 2015
But will you live in Canada and work in US? You can't sponsor your parents if you live outside of Canada.
As suggested, you should check with a lawyer. I am not sure if it's OK if you live in Canada and have employment income from US.
The offer I have got is to move and live in the US for at least three years. If I can not sponsor my parents, I might reconsider the offer. I think as you guys suggested I have to consult with an immigration lawyer.
Thanks.

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
The offer I have got is to move and live in the US for at least three years. If I can not sponsor my parents, I might reconsider the offer. I think as you guys suggested I have to consult with an immigration lawyer.
Thanks.
if you can provide NOA for 3 last years, if not- don't spend money for lawyer cause the same rules for everybody