+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
The offer I have got is to move and live in the US for at least three years. If I can not sponsor my parents, I might reconsider the offer. I think as you guys suggested I have to consult with an immigration lawyer.
Thanks.
I am pretty sure you can't sponsor your parents if you do not live in Canada. So I don't think you need to talk to a lawyer.
If you already have 3 years of NOA from the previous 3 years, then stay in Canada and apply.
If you don't have 3 years of NOA, then stay and work in Canada until you have 3 years of NOA and then sponsor them while you live here.

Cravethe6th

Aug 8, 2018
I am pretty sure you can't sponsor your parents if you do not live in Canada. So I don't think you need to talk to a lawyer.
If you already have 3 years of NOA from the previous 3 years, then stay in Canada and apply.
If you don't have 3 years of NOA, then stay and work in Canada until you have 3 years of NOA and then sponsor them while you live here.
3 consecutive years...

Reactions: pesarak007

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Guys, just wanted to update you that I received my parents' passports back from the visa office with PR Visas on the 1st of December. I've sent an email to CIC to give us an appointment for landing at the Etobicoke office. The auto-response said that they would get back to us within the next 30 days. Please update the spreadsheet.

RS91

Dec 4, 2018
Can any one please answer my questions? I understand that this thread may not be a right thread but still appreciate your answers.

I want to sponsor my mother under parent category but details of 2019 program have yet to come out. My mother has a visitor visa which is still valid till 2020. She is 84 year old and I want her to stay with me for longer periods of time. I meet all income criterion. Can I apply for Super Visa for her while her existing visa is still valid? My other questions are;
a) Can I apply online on her behalf from Canada. while she is in India?
b) If yes, do I have to open an account in her name?
c) I will be visiting India in January and hoping to bring her along , If Super Visa route is possible then how much time usually would take ?
Thank you for your advice.

pawan1118vig

Star Member
Nov 2, 2016
Guys, just wanted to update you that I received my parents' passports back from the visa office with PR Visas on the 1st of December. I've sent an email to CIC to give us an appointment for landing at the Etobicoke office. The auto-response said that they would get back to us within the next 30 days. Please update the spreadsheet.
Hi there,

I was just wondering and trying to understand that scheduling an appointment for landing is also an option?

how does that works?

faiyaz.ally

Star Member
Jan 10, 2014
Hi there,

I was just wondering and trying to understand that scheduling an appointment for landing is also an option?

how does that works?
You should find the instructions to schedule a landing interview in your landing papers which you receive with your PR visas. I sent the email to the email address mentioned on the landing papers. The auto-response said that I should hear back from them in the next 30 calendar days.

xilji

Star Member
May 14, 2015
same here... I was able to link it online and see the application number in there. however, no AOR yet.
same here. I called CIC too and they said they have not issued AOR yet. May be next batch. My application received on 6th september

YULIA-2016

Champion Member
Mar 4, 2015
Visa Office......
Warsaw
App. Filed.......
Jan.2016
AOR Received.
June 2016
File Transfer...
Jan.2017
Med's Request
First June 06-2017 from Warsaw ; Second 26 July 2018 from London
Med's Done....
Sep 27 2018
Passport Req..
DM Sep 29 2018, PPR Oct 01 2018
VISA ISSUED...
Oct 10 2018
Can any one please answer my questions? I understand that this thread may not be a right thread but still appreciate your answers.

I want to sponsor my mother under parent category but details of 2019 program have yet to come out. My mother has a visitor visa which is still valid till 2020. She is 84 year old and I want her to stay with me for longer periods of time. I meet all income criterion. Can I apply for Super Visa for her while her existing visa is still valid? My other questions are;
a) Can I apply online on her behalf from Canada. while she is in India?
b) If yes, do I have to open an account in her name?
c) I will be visiting India in January and hoping to bring her along , If Super Visa route is possible then how much time usually would take ?
Thank you for your advice.
sure you can apply for Super visa any time

RanjithP

Feb 20, 2012
Did they tell you to submit IMR 5475 form?
You don’t need to submit this form unless you want someone else to be able to contact Cic on your behalf to get information on your file. Such a person can only get information on your file, but not take actions on your behalf like a representative can.

If not already done, you can fill in Imm 5476 to act as representative for your parents. This is also not mandatory but will help you get access to your parents’ case efficiently.