+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Parents and Grandparents Sponsorship 2018

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
Hi,

I already submitted the PGP- interest to sponsor form. In Interest to sponsor form Question 2 and 3-

2. How many family members are currently in your family unit? (required)

I answered 2 (Myself + My husband)

3. Tell us the number of persons you want to sponsor and their family members. (required)

I answered 1 (My Mother)

I didn't count my mother in Question 2. Will that be a problem if we mention total family member is 3 during application?

My husband will be co-signer in the application. I didn't found anywhere in the interest to sponsor form it is asking if I have a co-signer or not.
Can anyone please explain? thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Tchow

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

I already submitted the PGP- interest to sponsor form. In Interest to sponsor form Question 2 and 3-

2. How many family members are currently in your family unit? (required)

I answered 2 (Myself + My husband)

3. Tell us the number of persons you want to sponsor and their family members. (required)

I answered 1 (My Mother)

I didn't count my mother in Question 2. Will that be a problem if we mention total family member is 3 during application?

My husband will be co-signer in the application. I didn't found anywhere in the interest to sponsor form it is asking if I have a co-signer or not.
Can anyone please explain? thanks a lot.

Thanks,
Tchow
You answered it correctly.
current family size is 2
you want to sponsor 1
next question asks you for total, which you would have answered 3

They dont need to know about your co-signer right now. That's not important.
They want to know if you have minimum income by yourself or when combined with you and your husband. if you do, you are good to go.
If you are picked, they will ask you about your husband and his tax files etc etc...

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello All,

Can some one please help me to count my family size?

Me + Wife + Son ( Born Oct-2014 ) + Daughter ( June- 2016 )
Me & My wife we sponsored my father in law and mother in law for super visa ( visa valid up to 2021 )

And my mom she have visitor visa and i would like to sponsor her for 2018 Parents and Grandparents Immigration

Please let me know for total numbers of people i have to consider for income cutoff - 5 or 7?

Thank you

Family size 5 : Super visa isn't considered as undertaking for sponsorship.
Folks correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks
Me + Wife + Son+ Daughter + My Mom
total 5
Super Visa in-laws don't count, they are not PR, they are temp visitors.

tmartinma

Jul 13, 2016
Can someone help me out with a quick question? I want to sponsor for both of my parents.
My income for 2014 is 25k due to on contract role. But for the following years, all my income exceed the income requirement.
Can I apply for this 2018 Jan round?

showkat_sask

Jan 9, 2018
Hi Friends,

I need some help with PGP- interest to sponsor form.

I want to sponsor my parents [ father + mother ]

my family = myself + my wife
I have only 2 brothers who recently came to Canada as Landed Immigrant.

so, my parents have 3 sons altogether [ including me, all of them are already in Canada ]

Q 2. How many family members are currently in your family unit? : Myself + Wife = 2

Q 3. I find very confusing:
Tell us the number of persons you want to sponsor and their family members. (required)

Count the number of parents and grandparents you want to sponsor AND their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include the dependants who will not come to Canada with your parents or grandparents.

> Please Help. Thanks
Showkat
from Saskatoon

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi Friends,

I need some help with PGP- interest to sponsor form.

I want to sponsor my parents [ father + mother ]

my family = myself + my wife
I have only 2 brothers who recently came to Canada as Landed Immigrant.

so, my parents have 3 sons altogether [ including me, all of them are already in Canada ]

Q 2. How many family members are currently in your family unit? : Myself + Wife = 2

Q 3. I find very confusing:
Tell us the number of persons you want to sponsor and their family members. (required)

Count the number of parents and grandparents you want to sponsor AND their dependants (spouse or partner and dependent children). You must also include the dependants who will not come to Canada with your parents or grandparents.

> Please Help. Thanks
Showkat
from Saskatoon
You are a family of 4.

kkim604

Apr 27, 2010
Vancouver
Visa Office......
Korea
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can someone help me out with a quick question? I want to sponsor for both of my parents.
My income for 2014 is 25k due to on contract role. But for the following years, all my income exceed the income requirement.
No you can't enter this year
doesn't matter how much you made following years, if you are short one year, you do not qualify.
no exceptions.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Have you not actually read the intent form yet online?

You don't need 2014 income. Just 2015, 2016 and 2017.

Tomalika Chowdhury

Star Member
Jun 15, 2013
You answered it correctly.
current family size is 2
you want to sponsor 1
next question asks you for total, which you would have answered 3

They dont need to know about your co-signer right now. That's not important.
They want to know if you have minimum income by yourself or when combined with you and your husband. if you do, you are good to go.
If you are picked, they will ask you about your husband and his tax files etc etc...
Thank you very much for your response. I couldn't find the next question in the interest to sponsor form where it asks us for total members(where I could answer 3). Can you please mention which question you are referring to?

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
Good to know thank you
Is that mean i can only enter for my mom ?
My wife can't enter for my mom / her mother in law?

More possibility of at least one of them get selected
This is literaly the very first question asked on the interest form page. Why aren't people simply reading the very basic instructions provided?

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/family-sponsorship/sponsor-parents-grandparents/tell-us-you-want-sponsor-parent-grandparent.html

To access the interest to sponsor form, answer these questions:

Who would you like to sponsor? (required)
My own parents and grandparents
My spouse or partners’ parents and grandparents

If you are selected to apply, you can only sponsor your own parents and grandparents. You can’t use your invitation to become a co-signer for your spouse or partner’s parents and grandparents. Find out more.